Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > Infiltration Development

Old 3rd Apr 2000, 03:57 PM   #1
INF_Neo
Infiltration Sound Engineer

polycount ingame + prefabs

How can I count the amount of polys in game?

Plus: Is there any place where I can get realistic decorations for my level?
INF_Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2000, 04:17 PM   #2
bastard_o
Lead Designer

Re: polycount ingame + prefabs

at the command console type "stat fps" and again to turn it off

or "stat mesh" for meshes.

or "timedemo 1" for fps count

"timedemo 0" for off

The "stat fps" works in the editor too, type it in at the log window...

Deco what did you want... ?
bastard_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2000, 05:02 PM   #3
Bad.Mojo
Commander in Chief o' the BMA

Go here and about half way down the page for a sweet computer (w/expansion slots) and some furniture

Here a little more than half way down, is a collection of antennaes and radar dishes, as well as some bases for them

Here are some support pillars. Again, about half way down the page.

Here has a ****load. Some you may have seen from the other links, but a lot of other stuff too.

Sadly those were all I could find. And I looked. For two hours. For you. Why? I'm not sure. I'd say brain damage though I might hurt your feelings. Anyways, I have no idea if these are even usable, because some are for unreal, but since as far as I know, the formats are still the same, you should be able to use them straight off at best, or at worst need to do some conversions.

[This message has been edited by Bad.Mojo (edited 04-03-2000).]
Bad.Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2000, 05:15 PM   #4
INF_Neo

Thanks to you both!

That'll help me a lot!
Old 3rd Apr 2000, 05:17 PM   #5
INF_Neo

Hey, Bad.Mojo, that's the first post without that angry face. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks you again
Old 3rd Apr 2000, 05:53 PM   #6
Bad.Mojo
Commander in Chief o' the BMA

WTF? How did that happen? Man, I'm getting sloppy in my old age. My scowl is my trademark, just like Batman's cowl is his.

On a side note, I remember when the Unreal market was just flooded with prefabs... I remember I'd go to editing places to find ways to make my triggers do things (back when my mind still worked,) and all I'd see was prefab after prefab, alot of real ones. You might wanna try yahoo and altavista to search for more, I used Google and Infoseek already, and most of the community links like unreal-tournament.org, planetunreal.com, unrealkingdom, etc., etc.

In related news, I have found "evil face" ... that's just to sweet. (edit: if the friggin' image tag ever worked like it should... wtf's wrong with HTML?) (edit, second edition: I manually fixed the url to what it should be [from pukey.gif to mad.gif] and so if it doesn't work now I'm going to punch the image tag in the face. Funny thing is, I probably WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE THE FACE I'M PUNCHING! First Black Jesus, now Emoticon Satan...) I like cranky (or severely constipated) face more, but "I'm going to chew your face off and stuff a bag of nickels down your throat" face is pretty cool too.

There was one more place I knew to get prefabs, and I'm abso-friggin'-lutely positive I didn't go there yet, and I can't think of it right off hand, but it had massive amounts of stuff, from stairwells to fire escapes to police cars to goddam city hall (that thing was a beauty.) I'd say they had everything but the kitchen sink, but they had a nice kitchen sink too. A whole set of appliances. You wanna know why I'm going on about this? I'm one of those people that only forgets stuff when I need to remember it, and it puts intense positive pressure inside my skull to the point where my head inflates to the size of a pumpkin and feels near-exploding. No really... its true.

------------------
Cinema, simulated life and drama/Birthright, culture, Americana/
The change in adrenaline got you searchin' for/the thin line between entertainment and war
There be no shelter here/the front line is everywhere

[This message has been edited by Bad.Mojo (edited 04-03-2000).]
Bad.Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2000, 07:12 PM   #7
Mr. T

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

(I'm torturing Mojo)

Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2000, 07:16 PM   #8
INF_Neo

"smile, though your heart is aching. Smile, even though it's breaking..." Charley Chaplin
Old 5th Apr 2000, 02:49 AM   #9
RegularX
Master of Dagoth Lies

just a note about that prefab computer with the expansion slots and all...I tried to use it on the desks for Fulton...

It's a huge poly hog, even as a semi-solid. Use it sparingly. I also found it a little out of scale.

I bring this up because the large prefab room with all the furniture has a nice computer in it too, which I found a lot easier to implement and friendlier on framerates. Not that the other computer is bad, it's pretty darn sweet actually,
RegularX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2000, 04:11 PM   #10
Evil Joe
I Will Kill You

RegularX, you do know that you can change the size of prefabs don't you by adjusting the draw scale... I have to do that with the inf weapons all the time since they are actually a little big when I add them (using the 1 unreal unit = an inch)
Evil Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2000, 08:12 PM   #11
RegularX
Master of Dagoth Lies

No, I wasn't aware of that. I didn't really try to re-scale it though, since it killed the framerate for me. But that's a good tip, especially since I'd like to start collecting and creating some more prefabs...
RegularX is offline   Reply With Quote