destroy a mover?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
ok i'm a very new mapper and i thought about an assault- map for infiltration... i just have one damn question: can i make a trigger that a mover [a car] in UnrealED is only destroyable by an AT4 [or in the editor the redeemer, of course]..?
hope you can help me

-i'm after u.. and u can't hide-

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
A mover? I don't think so, no. What I know you can do is make something destroyable by the AT4 only (and not the redeemer, it would have to be the AT4 or AT4 and/or Redeemer), as I have seen that done before. But as for a mover, I don't think so. Unless you want the car to be a mover in the sense that you want it to "move" into a thousand little pieces when its blown to bits (like the mover of cannon in Operation: Overlord)

I'm not mapper, so don't take it from me or anything, but what I would suggest is looking at the triggers and seeing what criteria can set them off, and then making the car from multiple movers that will move their bits and pieces along multiple different frame vectors. This is entirely TOOMA, so hey, I don't know. All I know is this:

You can in fact set something to be a weapons-specific trigger. There's an assault map that is set up like than at RealMaps somewhere.

And that you can use a mover to realistically blow a car to shit.

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
Yes and no...you can make mover that is destroyable, but it's not really a mover as such if you do. When somethings blown up (Glass is a good eg), the movement it makes is the hell off of the map, but really fast (Like those kiddies from the X-Files).

You can't have a mover that puts around and then gets destroyed though...unless it was a decoration attached to an invisible mover...maybe.

Evil Joe

I Will Kill You
Feb 13, 2000
this might be possible with by making two movers and making one bslave=true.... hmmm experimentation time...

bastard_o

Lead Designer
-reaper-

As usual there are many ways of achieving the effect I think you want.

I have a massive bunker with two very irregular shaped mover wall parts which when shot by the HK genade launcher or higher damage threshold weapons will explode into many medium sized wall chunks plus a few explosion effects and explosive sounds.

The above can be triggered by the mover itself or in the above case four TT_Shoot TriggerType normal triggers with each one having the correct collison height and radius setting with the all important Damage_Threshold setting, 100 works for the HK not sure what the AT4 develops, trial and error a text level to find out.

If you do I am sure people would love to know which weapons generate what damage amount.

I should know but I don't at this moment.

Also a normal mover should work just as it is with these properties set...

Mover_bDamagedTriggered True
Mover_bTriggerOnlyOnce True
Mover_DamageThresHold 100 or whatever
Mover_EncroachType ME_IgnoreWhenEncroach
Mover_MoveTime 0.0
Object_InitialState BumpButton

That was from memory... so to get the mover to disappear and have effects triggered link the mover event to a exploding_wall & explosion_chain(s) event_tags also have the mover keyframe 1 go off level (completely).

Hope that helps.

Bastard'O

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Actually I think Naughty5zero has the better idea with setting up an AttachMover that drags along a shootable Mover. Certainly possible, but a little more confusing if you don't pay attention.

Evil Joe

I Will Kill You
Feb 13, 2000
hmm bastardo's method would be good for a door, actually I never though about doing that before.... I might make my doors both explodable now or open as normal. (I just love triggers).

But if you wanted to do a car or something that moved on a set path and could be destroyed I believe you'd have to use an attach mover and a slave mover. Although I don't know the trigger loop necassary off the top of my head. If you are interested enough I guess I could take time out and figure it for you. Say sunday, I have to work all weekend. Sudnay I'll try to post the necassary loop.