Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > Infiltration Development

Old 26th May 2001, 12:52 PM   #1
Silver_Ibex

Question Unreal Animals???

Now I know this can be done as I have read about it before, I want to put original Unreal animal pawns (Birds and fishes) into my level, so what should their setting be for them to show up in UT and Infiltration ???
Silver_Ibex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2001, 01:34 PM   #2
-=WeeD=-Ramon
the always cool badass agent

ask the guy at www.Shock-Systems.com
he made ctf-ProjectX, where u face a Skaarjlord. ive played it with UT and with Inf over lan, and the creepy showed (and scared the sheet outta me ). maybe he can help you

"Aquinas already talked about the mithycal city on the hill. Soon, this city will be a reality, and we will be crowned it kings... or better than kings... GODS!" - go and buy Deus Ex, you f00!
-=WeeD=-Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2001, 01:34 PM   #3
Alpha_9
Infiltration lead level designer

Hmm, I'm not aware of any special settings these actors need to show up in INF. If they work in UT, they should work in INF as well. Just add them in like decorations I would guess (in their appropriate environments of course).
Alpha_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2001, 07:24 PM   #4
arsenicpants
Damn proud of his AMC Gremlin

where's the Skaarjlord in Project-X?
i never ran into him

are you sure it works the same for Inf?
arsenicpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2001, 10:38 PM   #5
jaymian
Sweet Merciful Crap!

I've used both birds and fish in my HuntingCabin map. They work for INF fine. Just set their AI to ignore or something. Default is attack for some animals, unless you want them to.
Jaymian
Old 26th May 2001, 11:03 PM   #6
Silver_Ibex

Question

Thanks jaymian, Iíll try that out, humm? Didnít remember seeing the birds so I loaded Up your map in regular UT plain vanilla settings, no mutators mods or such, and there is not a single fish or bird in view???
So then I tried running the map from the editor to see if this would work.

They show up in the editor but when you hit the play level button and then enter the game there is not a single trace of them???

So I tried running Infiltration... and they showed upÖ they realy bring the level to life

So what settings do I need to change in UT to make them appear for both regular UT and Infiltration???

Last edited by Silver_Ibex; 26th May 2001 at 11:14 PM.
Old 26th May 2001, 11:30 PM   #7
Starstreams

Question

Jaymian, where are the fish, I donítí see any if the class browser?
Starstreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2001, 11:40 PM   #8
Silver_Ibex

Lightbulb

I remembered the animals in DM-MuseumMadness.unr showed up in regular UT so I went and carefully examined their settings

Under advanced set bGameRelevant to true for them to show up, it worked on your birds, but Iím still playing around to get the fishes to work.

Starstreams, look In the pool beneath the waterfall, just over the keg of health you will see a sprite that looks like a chess piece, that is the fish.
Old 27th May 2001, 12:14 AM   #9
Starstreams

Thumbs up

Kick azzzzzzzz

I never found that pool thing you were talking about, but I did find a school of fish, and one of them skki monsters with the knifes on his hands, and I did what you said with the bGame thing and it worked great. That monster actually came after me and killed me, because the INF guys canít run fast enough, but it is definitely a trip.

Its in the Class browser under the Pawn section. Just took these shots a min ago, but donít know why two of them are red, maby I hit the F9 too quick, couse I was excited
Old 27th May 2001, 02:40 AM   #10
-=WeeD=-Ramon

to arsenic: go to the place where you find the dropship and some lavapools. now, u will see a cave near the lava pools. go in. you will not *see it*, but youl feel this guy at shocksystems made it look like a Predator.

"Aquinas already talked about the mithycal city on the hill. Soon, this city will be a reality, and we will be crowned it kings... or better than kings... GODS!" - go and buy Deus Ex, you f00!
Old 27th May 2001, 11:37 AM   #11
jaymian
Sweet Merciful Crap!

animals in UT

I have no clue why the birds and fish aren't showing up for your UT. They have always been there for me.
Jaymian
Old 27th May 2001, 03:15 PM   #12
arsenicpants
Damn proud of his AMC Gremlin

ooooo, ok
here's the thing, my bad
i was thinking of Project-X 2, i've never played the original

downloading now, looks pretty sweet
i'll be sure to watch my ass, hehe

thnx
arsenicpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2001, 03:28 PM   #13
-=WeeD=-Ramon

PProjjectX2 will have a monster in its second edition, someday in the near future, so keep wayching your a$$

Old 31st May 2001, 09:13 AM   #14
BlueSniper
if today was yesterday, what's tomarrow?

where can I download this map?

BlueSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2001, 09:17 AM   #15
-=WeeD=-Ramon

you can find them at www.shock-systems.com
i recommend you to download Px1.1 and 2. ProjectX 1.1 is problably the UT map out there with the best looking and more realistic terrain out there.

Old 1st Jun 2001, 09:03 AM   #16
BlueSniper

holy ****, that lava skaarj scared the **** outa me.... I wasent expecting him...

Old 1st Jun 2001, 09:14 AM   #17
-=WeeD=-Ramon

Talking

ROFL

Old 2nd Jun 2001, 06:32 PM   #18
BlueSniper

its not funny! all I saw were these bight red eyes and I unloaded a Fn p90 mag at it while screaming like a girl! ****!

Old 3rd Jun 2001, 01:57 AM   #19
-=WeeD=-Ramon

Talking LOL

Starstreams is gong to release a map with some hiding monster like this, so keep screaming !

Old 3rd Jun 2001, 04:47 AM   #20
Starstreams

Smile

Ya, but Iíve got this little problem with the spot in the picture. The botís keep jumping off the top platform on to the lower board, because there is a path that connects from the node on the top, to the one on the bottom, which you canít see in the picture, but it is right at the bottom part of this picture. Iíve tried using block path actors, and Alternant paths, but they still keep connection. I would like to block it with a box, but the BSP freaks out if I add any more geometry in this room. This stairwell has been a nightmare ever since Iíve started this map. I even had to move this entire staircase, which use to be on the anther end of the hall,
Anyone have any ideas on how to block a path that is that connects to pathnodes which are close to eachother? The alternate and block actors didnít work, maybe Iím doing something wrong?

Donít worry Ramon, knowone will probably even see the monster, unless someone decides to break the glass, but I doubt most will even bother. However if he doses get out, every one in the level is in deep sh..t, because Iím setting this guy to from the default 340 health to 3000, and he can jump a little over 256 units, which is as high as the ceilings. His claw damage will be 80, I guess thats about one swipe to an Inf guy; This Skaarj doesnít like people very much, thanks to pathetico for some fine work! The map is a team game, and Iím hoping that people will stick together, cause they will need to if this thing gets out. He..he..