Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > Infiltration Development

Old 20th May 2001, 06:34 PM   #1
SoSilencer
Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)

Since it looks like it might be a while before 2.86 and EAS I have decided to wait for that until I finish my jungle map I've started another map. I only just started it today but it's coming along very nicely.

What I'm wondering is, does anyone know if it's possible to cast a shadow from a masked sheet? Like if you have a masked railing texture on a sheet I want it to cast the shadow of the texture. I know I've read stuff about this but it was a long time ago and I can't find the articles anymore. I don't NEED to use sheets but I want to keep the polygon count as low as possible so using an alpha map to cast the shadow would be the fastest (I'm using high quality shadows for the entire map so keeping the geometry simple is kinda important).

Any ideas on how to simulate this shadow would be appreciated. It's not vital but it'd make the map look soooo awsome.
SoSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2001, 10:08 PM   #2
wint-o-green
I'd rather be playing H&D 2

Sure you can. The only way to do this is to make textures with the shadows already drawn on them.