Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > Off Topic

Old 19th May 2001, 01:45 AM   #1
Wikkan
Dickhead Fulfilled!

I just bought Jane's F/A-18 simulator (mostly because it was going for 10 bucks, and I needed a quick flight sim fix) and all I can say is... s<b></b>hit.... This game is Uber realistic! Holy crap, you'd have to be an actual F/A-18 pilot to play this friggin' game!

So now, I shall devote my free time to printing and studying this textbook... I mean game manual, and learning how to fly my very own F/A-18 Hornet.

Definitely not as easy-to-use as the Microsoft WW2 flight sims we all know and love.
Old 19th May 2001, 03:51 AM   #2
Iceman
Who Dares Wins

Smile

/me puts "Jane's F/A-18 Simulator" On my list.
That'll be cool like Falcon 4.0 ...Which i mainly got 'cause it had the F-16C in it

Iceman.

"There is no hunting like the hunting of men, those who have hunted them long enough and liked it, rarely have the taste for anything else."
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2001, 04:17 AM   #3
Beagle_One
not so shinmai

I haven't tried that game but I've got this older game called "HIND", and that's pretty hard to fly as well. Not in "how-the-hell-do-I-start-the-engine" kinda way but more like "how-the-hell-do-I-keep-this-straight" kinda way. It's hell of a task to just land it where I want without spinning like a top. The graphic is pretty dated compared to today's flight sim but flying that chopper is quite difficult and fun
Beagle_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2001, 04:12 PM   #4
Wikkan
Dickhead Fulfilled!

Well, I did manage to start the engine after sitting on the runway for ten minutes... when I got the plane up my good ol' flight sim experiences from the last six years came back to me... dayam that Hornet can fly!

I remember going to an air-show a couple years back and watched a Canadian F-18 do a wicked stunt, flying tilted upwards but going straight along the ground really fast! The G's musta been hell!
Old 19th May 2001, 07:32 PM   #5
Blastor14
The man of few words

You need a joystick and a trottle for the most fun . It's easier to manuver also.