I got my Jane's on you...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
I just bought Jane's F/A-18 simulator (mostly because it was going for 10 bucks, and I needed a quick flight sim fix) and all I can say is... s<b></b>hit.... This game is Uber realistic! Holy crap, you'd have to be an actual F/A-18 pilot to play this friggin' game!

So now, I shall devote my free time to printing and studying this textbook... I mean game manual, and learning how to fly my very own F/A-18 Hornet.

Definitely not as easy-to-use as the Microsoft WW2 flight sims we all know and love.

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
I haven't tried that game but I've got this older game called "HIND", and that's pretty hard to fly as well. Not in "how-the-hell-do-I-start-the-engine" kinda way but more like "how-the-hell-do-I-keep-this-straight" kinda way. It's hell of a task to just land it where I want without spinning like a top.:D The graphic is pretty dated compared to today's flight sim but flying that chopper is quite difficult and fun:)

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
Well, I did manage to start the engine after sitting on the runway for ten minutes... when I got the plane up my good ol' flight sim experiences from the last six years came back to me... dayam that Hornet can fly!

I remember going to an air-show a couple years back and watched a Canadian F-18 do a wicked stunt, flying tilted upwards but going straight along the ground really fast! The G's musta been hell!