News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Unreal Development > Mapping

Old 15th Apr 2000, 02:25 AM   #1
Jenkins
America's Greatest Kitten Mitten

Yes, looks very good. From what you said though, don't go overboard w/ secrets [img]/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif[/img]

Jenkins

Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2000, 05:21 AM   #2
Claymore
The Flying Dutchman

I'm currently working on my second UT map, and I'd like some feedback from you guys.

here's a link:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~peterned/troep/ut/

------------------
"Look, I'm just trying to get a toilet that flushes!"
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2000, 06:05 AM   #3
The Joker

actually thats really good looking, i like the large open areas, i hate small hallways. just make sure that your bots go everywhere and i mean everywhere, not just back and forth to the important weapons, i hate that.

"Cry Havoc And Let Loose The Dogs Of War"
the JKR has spoken
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2000, 07:21 AM   #4
ZodiaK
irresponsible walrus

yea, it looks very nice indeed. i agree with joker, the open areas do seem to make a good arena for some serious combat... [img]/~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif[/img]

the architecture looks simple yet effective, and i'd bet you get good framerates if you keep it that way. looking forward to dl the map when it's done.
ZodiaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2000, 04:21 PM   #5
Horza

Looks fantastic, let us know when it's done, very half=life inspired itlooks, though that is no bad thing,I loved the warehouses in hl and oppo force, have you considered adding in a load (not too many) of anti-grav boots, so its like fighting those female black op ninjas you found in the ware houses in hl and of who can jump real high?
Horza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2000, 08:00 AM   #6
Claymore
The Flying Dutchman

I planned on jumpboots, but not too many, one or two should be enough, and there's the problem of jumping out of the level, which is currently still possible.

A question I have is this: When I make these invisible collision hulls, do I use semi-solids? and if so, are there any things I shouldn't do using semi-solids. All I know is that you can't subtract other brushes from it, and that there's some kind of problem when you can touch two at a time?

Currently it's not possible to get on the roof without hurting yourself really bad. But I'm gonna do something about that I think.

The roofs really are very nice camping spots, not that I like camping, but every map should feature a sort of nice camping spot.

It will take some time to get it finished though. One of the warehouses is currently closed alltogether, and you have to be able to walk around in them.
Bot paths are not done, I didn't decide where to put the weapons yet, and there's some more stuff I gotta think about a little more.

I'll post a message when it's done.
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote