Running ucc (dedicated server) under Linux

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Blasikov

Feb 13, 2000
www.hampsterdance.com
Hiyas,

I was wondering if there are any Linux ucc (UT dedicated server) admins out there that might be able to help.

I'm trying to get a dedicated UT server up. I installed per the Linux instructions and have 402 patch installed.

I tried starting the server with the command "/<UTDir>/ucc server DM-Turbine" but it aborts with the following in ucc.log:

Critical: MisingIni [sic]

The UnrealTournament.ini is in place (the one the install instructions references) and I even tried copying to ucc.ini, server.ini, etc. No dice...

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks alot!

------------------
You've been blas-ted by Blasikov =)

Sirlic

What is the Question!
Jan 1, 2000
UK
Visit site
Ok so I cant help you and I'm sory if I got your hopes up. But I am just making the switch from Windose to Linux and of all the things I can't baire to leave behind, (OS crashes not umung them) UT is at the top of the list. So What I was hoping you could tell me is what I need to get UT running under linux? (Corel linux by the way.)
I have UT already (obviously) but no idea what it takes to install UT in linux. (Infact this may be taking the piss a bit, as I havent even tried, because I don't understand linux yet and I want to get it right streight off.)

Sory if I'm being a f**kwit but I find it's usualy a better idea to make a fool of ones self by seeming ingnorant than it is to do so by pretending you know what you're talking about. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Thanks

bullet2.gif

Observe all things.
Corect a few.
And remain silent about the rest.
NG number 70518

1KrazyFool

Jan 5, 2000
River Falls, WI
Visit site
Did you use a full command line like:

./ucc server DOM-Sesmar.unr?game=Botpack.Domination

Replace my map with yours of course. Also should be like Botpack.DeathMatchPlus or something like that. And if you specify an .ini file, you have to add ini=ucc.ini or whatever.