Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > Off Topic

Old 18th Apr 2001, 07:19 PM   #1
Beagle_One
not so shinmai

Well, as expected, Nintendo's next generation console "Gamecube"'s release date has been extended. It was due July, 2001 but now it's expected around September, 2001. Nintendo says that they won't have enough products ready for the July release.

New PS2 is released in Japan!! The new version is prepared specifically for online play in mind. unlike the previous release of PS2, New PS2 is online-ready. It's sure to make more people angry for Sony's frequent update-releases of PS2.

That's it for now from Beagle_One from Tokyo
Beagle_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2001, 09:52 PM   #2
Sebu_NZ
Kalashnikov's Personal Pimp!

Im not a concole man myself

But, X-Box seems to be very nice, but Microsoft have raped us many times will it be a repeat?
Sebu_NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Apr 2001, 08:41 PM   #3
Mr. HotDog
[Insert Text Here]

Arrow

After seeing the X-Box Halo gameplay movie I was really impressed. I heard that the new PS2 will come with a 56K modem, is this true? If it is I only have one thing to say: l a a a a a a g g g g g g g g g g. I mean lets face it, PS2 games look fantastic, that means you'll need a really good connection to play smoothly online. Right?
Old 19th Apr 2001, 08:52 PM   #4
Keiichi
Old Timer

Graphics have nothing to do with lag.

-Keiichi

"These things are great! They're like sex, except I'm having them!" - Fry, Futurama

"We both know you won't get half-way to Vergon 6 before 'The Craving' sets is. Then you'll come crawling back for another taste of sweet, sweet candy." - Zapp Brannigan, Futurama

"Well, a doctor cures people. A medic just makes them more comfortable....while they die." - Doc, Red vs Blue
Keiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Apr 2001, 09:01 PM   #5
BlueSniper
if today was yesterday, what's tomarrow?

AHEM...

dont PS2s come with an internal extention, they can have diferent types of connections, Right? all depends on how much you wanna spend...

BlueSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Apr 2001, 12:01 PM   #6
wiseassbnty
Jack's smirking revenge

There is currently a broadband adapter they are working on for the Ps2, similar to the dreamcast one, execept there is no support for it over here in the states yet, otherwise I'd be albe to play Fantasy Star Online through my cable.
Old 20th Apr 2001, 12:19 PM   #7
Mr. HotDog
[Insert Text Here]

Arrow

Keiichi: Graphics have noting to do with lag?!?!? Then why do I lag way more when I play UT and Q3 and less when I play Q2 or Half-Life?
Old 20th Apr 2001, 12:25 PM   #8
Keiichi
Old Timer

Probably because Quake 2 and Half-Life either have better network code or less information is being sent. Trust me, the number of polygons and special effects on screen has nothing to do with your ping.

-Keiichi

"These things are great! They're like sex, except I'm having them!" - Fry, Futurama

"We both know you won't get half-way to Vergon 6 before 'The Craving' sets is. Then you'll come crawling back for another taste of sweet, sweet candy." - Zapp Brannigan, Futurama

"Well, a doctor cures people. A medic just makes them more comfortable....while they die." - Doc, Red vs Blue
Keiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Apr 2001, 05:18 PM   #9
Sebu_NZ
Kalashnikov's Personal Pimp!

If there are alot of events that are tiggered by a remote player then that will cause lag but it doesn't matter whether that is absolutely beautiful or ugly as hell (going on the presumption that hell is ugly ).
Sebu_NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Apr 2001, 06:28 PM   #10
HanD_of_DarKNesS
Evil Bastard

Mr.HotDog wrote:
Quote:
After seeing the X-Box Halo gameplay movie I was really impressed.
Ah, thet game has noting to do with the X-Box. After all, originally it was planned solely for Mac and PCs, and it looked just as sweet then. I hate M$, and I see no reason why anyone should buy an X-Box for Halo, when the game will be released for the Mac and PC shortly after the release of the X-Box.

Producer/Editor/Owner: Dark Side Productions
Creator of: ORION
HanD_of_DarKNesS is offline   Reply With Quote