Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > New Version Suggestions

Old 13th Apr 2001, 01:56 PM   #1
Elite_Soldier
-Malice-

Cool

'nuff said

LOL, seriously I just wanted to ask if the team had any plans on bringing nightvision into the game? It is very realistic, most soldiers have it, Special Ops uses it extensively etc.

Plus with RAVE on a Mac, it is extremely hard to see anything, let alone on dark maps like Kosovo, and Siciliy-Night.

Anyways, thats just ym idea. Will there be nightvision in another version of Infiltration?
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.
Elite_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2001, 01:58 PM   #2
Elite_Soldier
-Malice-

Unhappy OMG

Sorry, didn't mean for the many topics

I hit the submit button, and after 10 mins it didn't submit, so I hit it again (no go) than it said it failed to load so I hit it AGAIN

Sorry for the multiple topics, this is the real thread.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.
Old 13th Apr 2001, 02:16 PM   #3
The_Fur
Back in black

Well it's not most soldiers that carry it, it's just too expensive for that. But i think INF will get it in future, at least there was some arguement about it a while back.

"Ignorance, and admiration arising from ignorance, are the parents of devotion and obedience"
-Dostoyevski
The_Fur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2001, 09:13 PM   #4
Xenomorph
Death Incarnate

I don't think it's very hard to put in. I remember a mutator for UT that replaced the Invisibility with night vision, and it worked fine. And TO already has it, no complaints there.
Old 13th Apr 2001, 09:43 PM   #5
plastic fork
o_O

how about..

Nightvision scopes......

well?
I dont think it would be all too easy to aim through a scope with NV goggles on....
plastic fork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2001, 09:48 PM   #6
ElectricSheep
Tommy Vegas

If your running GLIDE you can always boost your lightmodify out the ass. Dunno if other APIs have a similar thing, but I would think so. The result is basically all the dark areas on the map are now a dim-red color, making anyone hiding in them stand out like sore thumbs.

I'm not saying that <em>I</em> use this, it is rather cheap and it looks fugly, but its something to mess with if you have trouble seeing what's around you.
ElectricSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2001, 05:46 AM   #7
Elite_Soldier
-Malice-

Talking Nightvision extras...

Unfortunately I have RAVE
So I can't change brightness at all... the most I can do is turn my computer brightness to max, but since UT is a naturally dark game, you can get the idea

Nightvision would be really cool, but it shouldn't just be a really simple thing, like turning everything around you light green. It should cover part of your external vision, like real ones would. An example would be looking through bincoluars (though not that limited vision).

Anyone have any other ideas?
Old 14th Apr 2001, 09:25 AM   #8
ElectricSheep
Tommy Vegas

Kinda like Falcon 4.0's nightvision...

(I'd post a screenshot, but I don't have Falcon 4.0 installed on this comp)
ElectricSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2001, 03:03 PM   #9
Xenomorph
Death Incarnate

A computer screen already limits what you would normally be able to see in real life. No need to make it worse IMHO.