Cliff/Roof climbing..??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CHrOmE-DoMe

mess with me son, and its good night
Mar 20, 2001
UK
www.scoobyfanatic.co.uk
Hi folks..
I am fairly new to INF.. about a month or so of play now..
One thing that has been bothering me.. how do I climb cliffs/roof???
I've seen people do this on Cuban Dawn, Kosovo and Sicily?
I still cant do it myself.. any hints/help??
Many thnaks in advance,
CD

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
HI
There is nothing like a climb button. These guys get to this positions by, .... um finding a "path". To get on roofs in Kossovo just look for stuff you can jump on (like broken windows). To be a (ex) Super Mario player helps :)

[L]-Lestat

LOL? I nearly ROFLed!(IF)
Apr 4, 2001
He's behind you!
On Kosovo, start as red, and go to the house to the right of your spawn (If you start facing the house with the tower) Go up the stairs, then up the ladder, then past the hole in the floor to the blasted corner on the left. Then you........... ;)

CHrOmE-DoMe

mess with me son, and its good night
Mar 20, 2001
UK
www.scoobyfanatic.co.uk
fair dues on kosovo..

Hey Hadmar/Lestat..
Thanks for the advice:)

Still curious about cuban dawn.. whenever I try to follow them, all I do is "slide" and I cant get up the cliff.

(If you are in spectator, start at the bay (of pigs?:) and rise up and go right towards the "coke house" and hut.. th cliffs just by the low wall overlooking the bay are the usual palces I see people sniping.. but I am stuck as to how to get there.. the angles are too great to just walk/jump up.. so how do they do it?)

Likewise sicily..

BTW> I'm loving INF big time! I havent played vanilla UT since!

See you on the battelfield:) ..

CD

Hadmar

Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Im not shure wich place you mean so..

The one in the upper pic is easyly reached by jumping in the "corner" (it's the place Lestat meant, i think)

The one in the lower pic is tricky. You have to jump out of the window on these platform thing. Hard to do, i sucessed in it only one time (offline).

Ah, now i spoiled the whole "how to get there" research fun. Oh well...

Antedeluge

I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.
Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
Are you saying you made it to that flat grey area from the window?????? I tried that several times but was never able to make it.

Hadmar

Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Yes I did it.

But only 1 time, it IS damn hard.

The grey area is not the end. Take a deeper look at the picture, i thowed a M16 & a MP5 at one place, thats the highest (flat) point you can reach in this map. I saw someone online doing this and I had to know how he get there, so I flew around as a ghost and the only way I found was this window.

Warning: If a server dosn't use standard gravity, it may be impossible. And lag dosn't make it easy too. Practice offline.

The trick is to jump 0.00001 second before you fall down. This prevents you from getting headache by smacking your head at the window frame and also prevents the pain you get in the rest of your body by falling down :D

Hadmar

Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
drunkenmaster2000, I'm not shure about that. As I did this my loadout had a bulk about ... 32 - 38 I think (hell yes, it's heavy, so what? If 2.86 is out I will change it or run at snarl speed :D )

The only problem is the timing of the jump, couse you crash at the window frame with your head if you jump to soon (resulting in flatfood, falling hurts :) ). You also would have to pay the repairs for the window frame so it's something you should avoid :D

I'll try it again and tell you the outcome.

Hadmar

Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
OK I tested it.

My 1st standard loadout has a bulk of 39 (assault), 2nd has 34 (sniper) and 3th has 38 (CQB). I also created a 0 bulk loadout.

Worked with all of them.

I created a test loadout with a bulk of 100 (I call it the "Ah, no problem. Arnold Schwarzenegger is weak compared to me" loadout ;) ). That didn't work.

You have to stay almost in the air at the moment you jump off.

Antedeluge

Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
About what angle to you run and jump at? I may be trying to go too far left. Could you post a shot of where you stand and point yourself just before attempting the jump?

Antedeluge

Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
Nevermind posting starting position. I've made the jump 3 times now. I'm starting to get a system down for it.

Hadmar

Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Originally posted by SoSilencer
Getting onto the grey part is the easy part. It's getting onto the building roof that's hard ;)

Ok, it's not easy to get on the roof, but it's easyer than get to the grey part and you can't get hurt by trying. ;)

Also you can throw your weapons on the roof, wait til your stamina rises and then jump. Works fine.