News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Off Topic > Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting

Old 22nd Jan 2000, 10:12 AM   #1
Aquahutch

Red face

Thanks for reading...I've got two computers here. One has a V770 Ultra and the game works great. My other has a V550 and I have a problem where if I try to use direct3d I get a black screen, and it's not a brightness issue because I see that my monitor actually loses the signal.
I have run UT in safe mode and changed to using the OpenGL. I can see the game now but it the game runs wierd. The frame rate wigs out about every 5-8 seconds when I move around. I would think this is because the OpenGL is set to only use so much of the video RAM maybe?

I'm using the latest 405B patch for UT and the latest nvidia drivers for my card are being used.

A solution for using either D3d or OpenGL is greatly appreciated....I would almost prefer to use D3D since the game apparently works better with it according to others. Thanks

Aquahutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2000, 10:31 AM   #2
Rooster
Local Legend

Try going into the unrealtournament.ini file and changing the default resolutions for everything (Glide, D3D, OpenGL) from 520x??? to 640x480. It sounds like your monitor cant handle the low res, and gets out-of-sync, shutting it down.

Ain't found a waayy..to kill me yet...
nguid:167703

Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2000, 11:21 AM   #3
Aquahutch

I'm in the ini file but it's very large and the language is a bit greek to me. Where exactly is this default setting at? Do I need to add it in somewhere? What exactly do I type in?
Aquahutch is offline   Reply With Quote