Key Bindings?!?!(Yet Again, i know, i know)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{WAC}DJ JaKe

Wild And Cruel
Dec 11, 2000
Toronto
www.wildandcruel.cjb.net
Ok i have two questions, here they are:
1)Is there a way to bind the action "switch to red" or "switch to blue". I play with my clanmates alot, and i find myself on the wrong team many times. And the time wasted going to the options menu, and player setup, is a real pain. I would like to know if there is a quick way to do this, particularly to gind the action to a certain key. HELP!
2)Theres been plenty of dicussion on double-tap/dodge techniques, however, i have yet gotten a straight answer on how to change the speed at which you can double tap. Right now i have to do it really quick, and after i do manage to dogde succefully, i have trouble dodging again once i hit the ground. If you knwo what i mean, please respond and let me know how to change the speed of how fast you can 2x tap/dodge

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
1) That's not possible; although its a popular demand. The setteam command listed on Epic's console command page never worked. The fastest way is to bind a key to menucmd 2 1, which will bring up the playersetup with one keystrike.

2) The "sensitivity" of dodging is defined by the DodgeClickTime in the [Engine.PlayerPawn] of the ..\system\user.ini. The max value you can set it to is 0.3 seconds. But no matter how high you set it, there is always a pause between two dodges. This means, human players can not do what bots do all the time: Dodge and immediately dodge back in the other direction. (Which is f@ckin unfair :mad: )

{WAC}DJ JaKe

Wild And Cruel
Dec 11, 2000
Toronto
www.wildandcruel.cjb.net
OK guys thanks. IM surprised there isnt an alias though, that can change teams by a simple push of a button? What kind of message does UTengine recieve when i change my color to red, or blue? I find it hard to believe that it cant be done!
As for the dodge time thing, if the maximum is .30 in the user.ini, does it being set at .30 make it possible to dodge faster or slower? If it were set at .01, would it work faster that way?

ION_Ace

Assault player
Dec 26, 2000
Behind you
www.clan-ion.com
set it to 0.30 and if u tap twice but not that close together u will still dodge, set it really low like 0.1 and u will have to tap REALLY fast to still be able to dodge. After u dodge onc eu have to w8 like 0.5 secs or so till u can dodge again.

And I'm sure there isn't a normal bind to switch teams unles syou have a mutater on the server
binding MenuCmd 2 1 | say Switching,..
is the closest u can get

X-Terminator

"Astalavista baby"
Originally posted by Cleaner
That should be ...
set Engine.PlayerPawn bNeverAutoSwitch 1 to switch it off.
set Engine.PlayerPawn bNeverAutoSwitch 0 to switch it on.

Try toggle bNeverAutoSwitch, that might work too.

Well, it just doen't work for me :(. When I enter the commands, the User.ini IS updated, and the checkbox at the weapons menu gets checked/unchecked, but in the game, nothing changes. It's weird.

But thanks anyway.