.umx files

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ManiCoder

Jan 18, 2001
Visit site
Is there a umx player or a program that converts umx to mp3 I would like to listen to the whole Dues Ex soundtrack. By the way incredible game. The maps look like they use the original Unreal engine but the enitiy's look much more advanced. Some people say it is a modified Unreal engine and some say its a modified UT. I'm guessing it's somwhere inbetween the technologys, I guess my question is what engine is Dues Ex modified from?

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
There is a program that converts umx to wav. It's called modplug. modtrack or something like that. But I'm not sure :(
Do a Forums Search for it, as this question has been answered before

About the engine:
It can only be a modified UT engine, as this one is based on the Unreal engine. They are all based on the previous game

Reaper

-----------------
Nov 14, 2000
Bedburg-Hau, Germany
www.hergaden.de
To achieve your task you need the "ModPlug Tracker"! The ModPlug Player won't do it correctly.

Get the Tracker here: http://www.modplug.com/

After d/l finishes fire it up, open the umx file you want to convert, select [ File | Save as Wav ] and click ok. Then convert it via your favourite mp3 encoder.

I'd recommend "LAME" in VBR Mode but i don't have its URL at hands.

NOTE: Unlike UT, the Deus Ex UMX's have several jumps in them, possibly the "save as wave" dialogue writes till your HD is full, because it jumps happily through the track!

This doesn't apply for all tracks but for the most of them.

Now you have only 1 reasonable choice:
Discard your plan and play all the files via ModPlug Player.