News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Unreal Development > Mapping

Old 21st Feb 2000, 11:13 PM   #1
puff puff

Unhappy

I use 3ds max every day and have been using it since 3ds r3 ('93) and am ashamed to say that I can not figure out exactly how to get a model out of 3dsmax3.1 into unrealed.

Can some one point me to a website with some thurough instructions on how to do this. I have the plugin in max and I can export the files ie ****_d.3d but I don't know what to do with this file. I have maid the models inside the 128 parameters and named my mesh inside of max with an 01 designator and named the material skin01 etc.. what am I doing wrong?

I have only been playing unreal since UT came out and can't wait to get started making a map. Once I figure this stuff out I will be able to create maps in no time. I have 2 great ideas I can't wait to get started on.

If anyone can help me get some step by step instructions on how to get my models into
unrealed I will be forever indebted.

thanks for your help

puff puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2000, 07:40 AM   #2
Wanderer

If you're looking to get in new models for stuff like decorations and weapons, best I can do is send you down to here...
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount...utorials.shtml

If you're just trying to import a model to be used as a brush in UnrealEd then just make sure that the model is no more then 500 faces. Then export it as a .dxf file. Import it as a brush in UnrealEd (Brush=>Import).
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote