d3d wont work!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

critical9

Dec 12, 1999
Visit site
my version of ut demo runs great with direct3d (directx7), but my retail version wich has the latest patch, will not run in direct 3d, the error message is as follows and appears when the game is loading and the screen "flickers" to start up.
i have a ati rage pro turbo with the latest drivers.

failed to preallocate initial textures,8x8: dd_ok

history: alloc textures<-ud3drenderdevice::setres <-ud3drenderdevice::init<-uwindowsviewport::tryrenderdevice <-uwindowsviewport: /~unreal/ubb/html/redface.gifpenwindow <-ugameengine::init <-initengine

the game runs in all other modes,but the game looks so much better in direct3d mode, i dont understand why the demo works in this mode, but not the retail version?any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jason