NewsUnrealEdFilesModsFragBULiandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Unreal Development > Mapping

Old 16th Nov 2000, 03:57 AM   #1
sckoobs

Lightbulb

Right I've got MilkShape and I want to make some UT models. Problem is I'm not sure how it is done. Does anyone know of any good tutorials that perhaps show the process of making a model then converting it to a format that can be used in UT? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Max
sckoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2000, 06:29 AM   #2
Fuzzpilz
klkk

I think there are some modelling tutorials on Machinima. Once your player model (if that's what you mean) is done and skinned, you'll first have to look at the default TournamentPlayer classes to see what animations there are. Animate your model and export it. You'll then get a <name>_d.3d, a <name>_a.3d and a <name>.uc file. Make a subdirectory in your UT folder and give it your package's name. Create a subdirectory called Models and one called Classes. The .3d files and the skins go into the Models directory and the .uc into the Classes folder, or at least that's how most people do it. You HAVE to put the .uc file into Classes, or the compiler won't find it. Once you've done that, edit the .uc. Change the paths according to the actual setup you decided to use. You'll also have to look for the texture imports, they're set to texture1, texture2 and so forth by default. Correct that, and then make your animation list by imitating that of, e.g., TMale1. Then make an entry for your package in the UnrealTournament.ini, as an EditPackage. Run ucc make in the System directory and that's it, I think. If your model looks wrong in UT, try changing the scaling in the .uc and recompiling. You'll have to delete the .u before.
Fuzzpilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2000, 03:51 PM   #3
Hetemti
Bargain Brand Being

I'm still lost... :(

Is there any site that has a simple animated skeleton that one could use just as a temp so that the model could be played and tested until one gets the animations planned and laid out?
Hetemti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Nov 2000, 05:09 AM   #4
rick2

You might try http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~chainsaw/ They have some good basic tutorials for getting started with milkshape and models you can download.
rick
rick2 is offline   Reply With Quote