News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Tournament Series > Original Unreal Tournament

Old 10th Nov 2000, 10:47 AM   #1
Poof

Angry

This is actually a bit funny but be honest now... How many times have you wanted to blow your own bot teammate partner to oblivion for:

1.) Camping by the shield spawn points
2.) Camping by and taking all the ammo (but rarely using it)
3.) Grabbing all the good powerups and relics
4.) Grabbing the health when you know you need it more
5.) Watching as an enemy kicks the sh*t out of you and then when you're just about dead, yells "I got you covered"
6.) Blocking your fschking view while you're trying to aim

I know that many times on maps like CTF-Face, I have pointed a Rocket Launcher at my own bot to blow him off the Tower so I could see to snipe. Nothing worse than zooming to 8.3x with a sniper rifle and getting a real ugly closeup of your own bot.

Is it just me? Just curious.
Poof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2000, 10:56 AM   #2
[Ci]Morgan
McBain-like

Smile

I noticed that the bots intelligence tends to increase with their difficulty level... Try playing them on Inhuman or Godlike, or just stick to playing it online... You'll notica that many players on public servers are even worse in your points 1 - 6
Old 10th Nov 2000, 11:09 AM   #3
Poof

Yeah... usually when I do single player, I have them up at the higher levels. But online, I've even spectated on servers and watched as bots annoying jumped into a team member's way. Seeing that has me ROTFL.... and especially when you fire at them and they finally get the message and get out of your way...
Old 10th Nov 2000, 11:23 AM   #4
Insecta
Insectacidal

Some of the bots are set to camp. I was going to change my bots to named, configured clans once, but never got round to it. One of the clans would be obsessed with camping...

Another thing that pisses me off is the way they run straight from node to node, then turn around at a rate of a degree per second, at which point you've minigunned them to death twice. Also, they have that stupid tendancy to run in front of you when you have loaded up 6 rockets, goop or razors. Or, they use the enforcer when they have the RL or something...

Bots are stupid.
Insecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2000, 11:28 AM   #5
Faus

Talking

One of my favorite things to do with stupid bots is in Face, get the reedeemer and when they are sniping or something next to the edge just blow them off the friggen cliff. Still tho they don't learn not to get in my way!
Old 10th Nov 2000, 11:37 AM   #6
Poof

LOL about them getting point blank in your way right when you had your RL loaded and aimed and you had released your volley. Then they have the nerve to yell "Same Team" as they deflect what _would_have_been_ a perfect Multi-kill.

That's when I load up another volley made just for them.