News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Off Topic > BuF Classics

Old 17th Aug 2000, 11:15 AM   #1
The Dopefish

Arrow

First and foremost, I am sorry for exploding on everyone last night. It was my fault for not being more open-eyed about the all-star game threads. I am really into this community and hoped to be as good a part of it as I could, but missing the vote was a mental lapse on my part, as was my venting. I hope you will forgive me.

Before/during the closure of my thread, I was editing my last post on that thread in response to what Troll posted. Here was my reply.

"Let me tell you all something. I don't deserve SH!T, all right? If you haven't noticed, I haven't been posting NEARLY as much as I have in the past, because I'm starting to do other things now besides (the forums). I don't care what any of you think about me, my "ego", or whatever else you say I have that in real life I don't. The fact of the matter is that I've been here just about as long as the bulk of you and my post count has gone to my head, making me think I'm better than the lot of you when I know that I'm not better than anyone and no one is better than me.

I'm pissed because I'm a simpleton and I only go to threads that look interesting to me. So when the captain/player voting is started in a thread I have already gone to and looked at before, I think that those posts are just added crap that I don't need to see. Instead you guys are in there nominating people while I'm none the wiser. All of a sudden, I read that the captains for the all-star game have been selected and I start looking around like a chicken with my head cut off looking for someone to be pissed off at. Chaos ensues, I start taking the piss (as you Brits say), and I end up in Remorsefulville, population: me."

For those of you who think that these forums are my life, at this moment you're correct. All summer they have been. I haven't done much else all summer except stay on the forums and keep up to date with you people all day. In less than two weeks school starts, so that won't be the case any longer. But I'm still a part of this community, and as a well respected part of it I hoped to keep my respect as well as my dignity by staying a key part of it. I'm just sorry if I'm too emotional about it.
Old 17th Aug 2000, 11:19 AM   #2
PsychoMoggieBagpuss
Gone.

/me hugs the dopefish.

Now stop PMS'ing once a fortnight, it's getting irritating

PMB
Old 17th Aug 2000, 01:24 PM   #3
The Dopefish

Talking

All this virginity can't hurt as an excuse as well, can it?

Old 17th Aug 2000, 01:30 PM   #4
PsychoMoggieBagpuss
Gone.

Talking I've got an idea.....

How about we set up a

"Get the Dopefish laid" fund?

PimpMeisterBagpuss|PuF
Old 17th Aug 2000, 01:32 PM   #5
The Dopefish

Hehe, and get Sally Struthers to do the commercial...

"Please help this (sex)-starved Dopefish get a woman in bed...send 20$ and get a picture of the Dopefish getting laid..."

Old 17th Aug 2000, 01:37 PM   #6
Morety
The Farterator

Hey Doper. Like I keep saying, it's the quality of posts, not the quantity that counts.

You are a member of the PuF community, and we like you even with your little quirks. The thread was locked or I was going to say something. It's good to see you have written a sincere apology.

As far as I'm concerned, gratefully accepted.

btw: I'm glad I'm not paying your parents water bill.

Maybe you wouldn't be a virgin if you were outside trying to get laid instead of posting in here all summer long? Just a thought.
Old 17th Aug 2000, 01:38 PM   #7
Rooster
Local Legend

Quote:
send 20$ and get a picture of the Dopefish getting laid..."
For some reason, I DON'T think that will help.

My Rig(s)
Old 17th Aug 2000, 01:41 PM   #8
The Dopefish

Talking

Morety: Until I figure out what you're referring to by your water bill comment, I'm glad too. Especially since I'm not a major water waster in the house.

Old 17th Aug 2000, 03:55 PM   #9
Kaz
Godlike Drunken Spammer

LOL

LOL @ the dopey one...mortey don't hang the poor fishy out to dry like that tell him what us devirginized people know...*L* fat water bill dopey

kaz
Old 17th Aug 2000, 05:27 PM   #10
Boom
Rumpshaking Moderator

/me gives the Dopefish a playful smack on the back of the head.

I told ya noone was dissin you. You just missed something, no biggie.

BTW, It looks bad when you say that you are well respected here and stuff (whether it is true or not). You may notice that when you forget to compliment yourself for a while, the rest of us tend to take up the slack. Compliments are much better when they come from other people, and you do get your fair share here. You got nothing to feel bad about.

LOL at Rumple!!! I also noticed that Dopey seems to be on a cycle or something. He has one of these ego freakouts just about once a month, threatens to leave the forum for a few days, and apologizes for the misunderstanding after a good night sleep. I definitely think that guys have emotional cycles just like women. We just don't have that whole ovary thing to deal with, and the male cycle is a lot more sporadic. My moodswings sometimes shift every 5 seconds, and sometimes shift every 5 years. That is why guys are more crazy then women. At least women (and apparently Dopey) can schedule their moodswings.

One more thing

Quote:
If you haven't noticed, I haven't been posting NEARLY as much as I have in the past - Dopefish
How the hell do you figure that?!?!?! I used to be keeping up with you, we were neck in neck when you turned godlike. Since then you have gotten 1000 posts in the same time that I got 500!! I think you have speeded up, if anything, since you hit godlike. You always seem to be aware of who is the next person for you to pass in terms of postcountage. If there is such a thing as a postcountho (like a ngstat-ho), you would surely be under consideration. Seriously, remember when you turned godlike you figured out your posts per day average? See if you can find that thread, and refigure your all time posts per day average, and compare the two. Also see if you can figure your posts per day average from the time you turned godlike, till now. I think you may really surprise yourself. I may be wrong (I am wrong all the freaking time lately) but I really doubt that your posting has gone down as much as you think it has, if at all.

Dopey, I think you may have a posting addiction, just like mine. But yours is much worse (twice as bad since we turned godlike together) and you are in denial about yours.

Now repeat after me.

"Hi, My name is Dopefish and I am a postaholic."

Although, My posts seem to have gotten twice as long recently. If there was a way to count lines posted (as opposed to number of posts) I think we may reveal that I am the one with a real problem.

In that case....

"Hi, My name is Boom and I am a postaholic.
Old 17th Aug 2000, 06:21 PM   #11
~Cobra~
Cursed!

that was a very mature of you dopey... we all make mistakes... God knows i made my share of them...

Old 17th Aug 2000, 06:40 PM   #12
The Dopefish

Arrow Boom

(BTW I'm checking to see if Y5 did reset my post count...)

If I had increased my rate of posting I would've been double godlike July 17th.

Old 17th Aug 2000, 06:43 PM   #13
The Dopefish

Talking

DAMNIT! I'VE BEEN CHEATED OUT OF A POST! I AM SO PISSED OFF NOW!

Old 17th Aug 2000, 07:34 PM   #14
Boom
Rumpshaking Moderator

Well, you certainly didn't decrease your posting rate. (I don't think it would have been possible to increase it).

Old 17th Aug 2000, 08:05 PM   #15
Temporary Account
Temporarily Permanent

Talking

How can I get in on this "get so-and-so laid fund"?

"WANNE CYBARR???///" - YellaXan

"I WILL SEXX0R J00!" - Soul-Crusher
Old 17th Aug 2000, 08:23 PM   #16
Morety
The Farterator

Hell, just send me $10 and I'll show you a picture of me getting laid.

Uh, the water bill thing? I thought it was obvious. Oh well. As long as you love yourself.
Old 17th Aug 2000, 09:31 PM   #17
hal
Dictator

Talking

fahgedddd-a-boudit.
Old 17th Aug 2000, 10:56 PM   #18
TheMan

Dope, try going outside every once in awhile. Like every other day or something.
Old 18th Aug 2000, 09:17 AM   #19
Boom
Rumpshaking Moderator

my guess on the water bill mystery...

Morety, when you are alone in the bathroom (meditating) do you run the water to drown out any sounds you might make?

Just a guess.
Old 18th Aug 2000, 09:28 AM   #20
Morety
The Farterator

Talking

Not only that. Think of all the additional flushing required.

I change my mind. Send me a postage stamp and I'll send you a picture of me having sex.