News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Unreal Development > Mapping

Old 22nd Dec 1999, 05:27 PM   #1
Mute
All you have to do is smile!

Question

Are there any freeware/shareware CAD progams out there, or other utilities that will let me easily make complex brushes and meshes in a format that I can readily import into UnrealED? Just doing a search doesn't let me know which ones make brushes that UnrealED will understand... (also I haven't used a CAD program since ProEngineer in college and I'm sure the world has moved on since then!).

I want to make oddly shaped objects without having to resort to sticking cubes, cones, and circles together [img]/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif[/img]. And without spending (much) money!
Mute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Dec 1999, 10:32 PM   #2
Wanderer

Nope, I know of no... legal way... to get anything like that. These are they days you learn to use the 2d editor and pray it doesn't crash.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 1999, 02:01 AM   #3
NutWrench

Lightbulb

Hi everyone,

I found a freeware version of Caligaris Truespace a while ago on Son of Spys freeware website: http://www.sover.net/~whoi/Graphics.html
(near the bottom of the page)

Even though it's several years old, it has a really nice, fast graphic interface and it can export models in cob and dxf format (plus a few other older formats). This is a REAL nice program.

I had problems getting the Truspace's dxf format to import into UnrealEd, so I export the models in .cob format and use the cob2t3d utility on the Unrealized site: http://www.unrealized.com./

There's another freeware editor called the Behemot editor which is available at the PovRay site (www.povray.org, I think) but I didn't like it as much.

--Nut

[This message has been edited by NutWrench (edited 12-23-1999).]
NutWrench is offline   Reply With Quote