NewsUnrealEdFilesModsFragBULiandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > News & Articles

Old 18th Jan 2013, 10:44 PM   #1
hal
Dictator

DM-CBP3-Maidenlike Released

Apologies to the CBP3 crew for the late news. I am awaking from my long winters' nap and have found Community Bonus Pack 3, Volume 5 has a lovely new addition called DM-CBP3-Maidenlike. This level was originally intended for release along with the others but time was up and it missed the date.

Apparently the level has a few nice touches such as a day to night cycle and health-bestowing flies. Author Dan Green Rozanski recommends 4-6 players.

Old 19th Jan 2013, 09:33 AM   #2
[GU]elmur_fud
I have balls of Depleted Uranium

I always like a map with a healing gimmick. This map is fun and looks Thnx 4 da low down.
Old 19th Jan 2013, 04:06 PM   #3
Capt.Toilet
Good news everyone!

People that play this map - handful

Another piece of UE work added to the resume - a lot more valuable.
Old 19th Jan 2013, 09:21 PM   #4
[GU]elmur_fud
I have balls of Depleted Uranium

My critique: I played it for about 1.25hrs before bed today. I definitely love it. I wish I could model caves that well. Also I always put some healing effect in my maps someplace so that was a cool touch to me. Though those darn bugs keep flying out of reach. The random ominous laugh seems to be associated with a pickup respawn though it sometimes seems to coincide with some random damage. Plenty of Z-axis gaming tight spaces and loot keeps it action packed. All those meshes and the visible seems were very minimal. All in all well done and great fun... My 2 cents anyway.
Old 24th Jan 2013, 02:28 PM   #5
Manticore
Official BUF Birthday Spammer

That looks pretty sweet.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 03:15 PM   #6
SkaarjMaster
enemy of time

Thumbs up great map!

What is maiden-like? If you had to call one UT3 map maiden-like, then I guess this would be it. This one has somewhat tight gameplay in a medium-sized cave system with crystals, roots, “sprite lights”, falling leaves and overhanging trees. For a rather tight map at times, there is plenty of z-axis but not was some would consider extreme z-axis; the map is fun and the bots put up a great fight when they go for the powerups (I need to find those). The atmosphere in this map really makes it though and can be a little dark in the caves, but not too dark. I like the scenery, terrain, trees, outside scene with mountains and lake, skybox, lighting/shadows, water, waterfalls, custom stuff, and added sounds (birds, insects, music, etc.). Be careful to not look at the scenery too long as this can be hazardous to your health. This map definitely deserves to be part of the CBP3 DM maps just like Radiant, Incapacitate, Endura and Q1DM4.

Insite Reviews: right here in the web archive
SkaarjMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2013, 03:54 AM   #7
EmoLevelDesigner

When I saw this map, I immediately installed UT3 and started playing it, because it is so beautiful! Very skillfully modeled terrain covered with various colorful plants and flowers. The vista is very impressive, it made me wish it was a bigger world that I could explore. And finding that it has day-night cycle was a pleasant surprise.

Natural bridges, hanging ivies, crystals, waterfalls, caverns... Seems like every idea you can come up with while creating a landscape was beautifully realized and put in the map.