News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games

Old 31st Jul 2012, 07:22 AM   #1
Thrash123
Obey Leash Laws

The Secret World

Any BuFers playing it? I picked it up this past weekend, and it's pretty amusing thus far. The cutscenes get a little old, but are at least good enough to be nice to watch (and are skippable). Not like many MMOs; I'd say it has quite a bit in common with Guild Wars, just.. better.
Old 31st Jul 2012, 09:08 AM   #2
Arnox
UT99/2004 Mod Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash123 View Post
I'd say it has quite a bit in common with Guild Wars, just.. better.
Yeah, I don't know about that. Guild Wars is purely a PvP experience. If you went into it expecting a PvE experience then you went in with the wrong mindset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.intosanctuary.com/index.php?topic=2.0
It doesn't matter if you like music. It doesn't matter if you like demolitions. It doesn't matter if you like games. Doesn't matter if you like sports or swearing or drugs or even pirating. This forum has what you need.
Arnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2012, 07:46 PM   #3
Capt.Toilet
Good news everyone!

It is also going to fail hard unless it adopts a free to play option as well.

People doubted me when I said Old Republic would go free to play within a year, and now I bet they are eating their own words.

The MMO market is saturated and The Secret World will not last long if it doesn't offer something unique for that price point.
Old 31st Jul 2012, 11:11 PM   #4
dragonfliet
I write stuffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Toilet View Post
The MMO market is saturated and The Secret World will not last long if it doesn't offer something unique for that price point.
Have you seen the game at all? It is CRAZY unique. Very seriously, I have never seen anything else quite like it. Will it be enough to justify $15/mo? Who knows, but it is certainly interesting as hell.

WW1 I think it was more like "Hey allies! We'll lend you a hand" and Europe was like, "Pfff, whatever. Okay, like stand over there and do stuff", and America was all like, "Oh really!? You mean it! Oh Boy!", and after awhile the European allies were like, "Hey they're actually not bad. Fair play to the Yanks" and the French Allies were like, "Oh wee wee, they held their own", and the Americans were like, "Hey, what did you say France?" and France was all like, "Nothing. Go **** yourself."
dragonfliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2012, 01:27 PM   #5
dragonfliet
I write stuffs

Also: free weekend starting now for the game, for those interested in checking it out: http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/c...e_secret_world

WW1 I think it was more like "Hey allies! We'll lend you a hand" and Europe was like, "Pfff, whatever. Okay, like stand over there and do stuff", and America was all like, "Oh really!? You mean it! Oh Boy!", and after awhile the European allies were like, "Hey they're actually not bad. Fair play to the Yanks" and the French Allies were like, "Oh wee wee, they held their own", and the Americans were like, "Hey, what did you say France?" and France was all like, "Nothing. Go **** yourself."
dragonfliet is offline   Reply With Quote