Diablo III

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
I'm curious. They mention having a Cash/Gold auction house in the game. How does that work? Let's say you put a rare item for 100k gold and 1k gold = $.50, meaning 100k gold = $50 (just an example) and someone buys that with actual cash, I'm guessing part of that $50 goes to Blizzard (if not all of it) and the rest goes into the auctioneer's account?

If the auctioneers gets real life cash for selling expensive items in this game I'm going with the guess that some people will live from playing this game. D:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/auction-house/how-to

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I'm curious. They mention having a Cash/Gold auction house in the game. How does that work? Let's say you put a rare item for 100k gold and 1k gold = $.50, meaning 100k gold = $50 (just an example) and someone buys that with actual cash, I'm guessing part of that $50 goes to Blizzard (if not all of it) and the rest goes into the auctioneer's account?

If the auctioneers gets real life cash for selling expensive items in this game I'm going with the guess that some people will live from playing this game. D:

Basically what it comes down to is Blizzard gets a cut, and if you want to move that money from your auctioneer account to a paypal account you have to pay a fee as well. Kinda stops people like me from screwing over idiots out of their money who must absolutely have that purple staff to function.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Basically what it comes down to is Blizzard gets a cut, and if you want to move that money from your auctioneer account to a paypal account you have to pay a fee as well. Kinda stops people like me from screwing over idiots out of their money who must absolutely have that purple staff to function.

How does it stop that? They just get a percentage of the transaction. You can still take money from idiots.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
So It's pretty much like I thought then. Hence the "My life stops on 15/5/2012." comments I've been constantly reading here and there.

Grinders/Farmers = Sellers

$$$ ▲▲▲▲ ▼▼▼▼

Blizzard = lol$

$$$ ▲▲▲▲ ▼▼▼▼

Workers/Family dads = Buyers

At least they might add free updates for this game right? I mean, if that's their new method for monthly subscription fee (updates/patches/servers) then I suppose it's fine since you can avoid it (having already paid $60 for the game).

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
So It's pretty much like I thought then. Hence the "My life stops on 15/5/2012." comments I've been constantly reading here and there.

Nah, that just has to do with the addiction of the game. Like I said, people, especially anyone in a first world country, wouldn't be able to compete with the bots or dupers or asian farmers at all.

It's pretty sad what Toilets says, because he calls them idiots and yet they would only have to work 1 hour at a real job and they would be able to buy the item and STILL come out with more money than him playing the game for 90+ hours. :lol:

Edit:
Hardcore Characters
Hardcore characters access an exclusive “Hardcore-only” gold
auction house. They do not have access to the normal gold
auction house or any real-money auction houses.

Looks like I found what mode I'll be playing.

Last edited:

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
dropbox-d3servers2.gif

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
6 minutes till derplo tres is playable.

Edit: Or not... hooray servers and disconfirmed expectations

Last edited:

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Heh, Slainchild briefly jumped into my game and proceeded to destroy everything because he's overleveled for the first dungeon. Then rolled a bit with him and Hazel on new characters, was fun :)

My first character's a wizard.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
I agree, awesome. Got a monk and WD to lv.10 but I have to work tonight so for the next few hours it's nap time.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Heh, Slainchild briefly jumped into my game and proceeded to destroy everything because he's overleveled for the first dungeon. Then rolled a bit with him and Hazel on new characters, was fun :)

My first character's a wizard.

Yeah, I like that you can just jump into anyone's game and have a fun time, with players getting their own loot drops and shiz.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Did they change anything from the beta? How does the skill system look? Is there a good selection of skills or any choices that make you non-cookie cutter? Screens plz? :)

Oh yeah, how long does the game look? Is the skel king the end of act 1 cause that is short as hell.

Last edited:

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Well that was fun. I guess I'll wait for a couple hours until the game is up and running again? You'd think that a studio known for having an online-only game with a 10+ million userbase would know how to deal with a massive amount of players for an online-only game, but here we are I guess.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Did they change anything from the beta? How does the skill system look? Is there a good selection of skills or any choices that make you non-cookie cutter? Screens plz? :)

Oh yeah, how long does the game look? Is the skel king the end of act 1 cause that is short as hell.

I've played about 5 hours and haven't beaten Act1 yet, Skeleton King quest took about 1.5-2hrs to beat. I am taking my time though.

The skill system is the same as Beta. The way it works makes it about as non-cookie-cutter as you can get imho. Instead of following a single path through a skill tree to "max out" lightning bolt or two-handed damage (for example), you get a bunch of equally awesome skills that you can switch to whenever you like. Then you get even more choices through modifying them with the runes you unlock. Plus passive skill choices that affect more general things.

I've been swapping back and forth through a couple of skillsets with my Barb just because different encounters call upon different methods of dealing with them, and its just fun trying new awesome stuff. Choosing the right skills for the right encounter will likely be crucial to beating the game on the higher tier of difficulties. Normal hasn't been hard so far, though it is ramping up a bit now.