Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
No sir.
I commend thee, hater of GFWL.
Old 13th Apr 2012, 05:24 PM   #82
Capt.Toilet
Good news everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6p8q...G5oYKmb-lhvaQ=

His response to GFWL and it is a pretty damn good one. Take note at what he says at the tail end of the video.

If you don't want to buy it, boycott. Don't be a douchebag and pirate it or this will only add fuel to the fire and risk a 3rd entry in the series not even making it to the PC platform.

Last edited by Capt.Toilet; 13th Apr 2012 at 05:25 PM.
Capt.Toilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2012, 12:19 PM   #83
Sir_Brizz
More Than Just Mad Skill

But let's be realistic, this game is going to be pirated to heck and back. I know it, you know it, TB knows it. At the end of the day, chances are pretty high that From and Namco are going to blame it on PC gamers instead of where it actually belongs: with GFWL.

As I said earlier, I won't boycott the game, but I won't be buying it at launch or for some time afterward. I do agree with him that at this point it is a lost cause trying to get GFWL out. It is a massive disappointment, but nothing is going to change.

Liandri Archives - A veritable smorgasbord of information about the Unreal series
If Titanic taught me anything, it's to never let go until you're a frozen corpse staring hopelessly into a barren horizon.
Sir_Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2012, 10:16 AM   #84
Sjosz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tomb of the Giants cleared, Gravelord Nito defeated. Going to be spending some time upgrading various weapons to the max level before Vaskadar and I are going to hit the last 2 bosses (as far as I know 2 bosses, Gwyndolin and then Gwyn). Game stays compelling.

On a side note, I got pretty lucky last night with item drops. I had the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring equipped, as well as 10 humanity on me, went to the Great Hollow to find crystal lizards. 2 of the 5 I found dropped a Titanite Slab each. Score!
Old 17th Apr 2012, 10:45 AM   #85
SlayerDragon
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES

Quote:
But let's be realistic, this game is going to be pirated to heck and back. I know it, you know it, TB knows it. At the end of the day, chances are pretty high that From and Namco are going to blame it on PC gamers instead of where it actually belongs: with GFWL.

As I said earlier, I won't boycott the game, but I won't be buying it at launch or for some time afterward. I do agree with him that at this point it is a lost cause trying to get GFWL out. It is a massive disappointment, but nothing is going to change.
Well, the PC gamers who pirate the game are the ones to be blamed for pirating the game. There are many who would do it no matter what DRM is in place, even a complete lack of DRM, so let's not imply that's the only reason it will happen. GFWL is pretty terrible, and I have avoided it entirely since Fallout 3, and will continue to do so. Then again, equating a pirated copy with a lost sale is also folly.
  \_/|/\__/  \/ |__/ \__/  \/
    /|         /|  
    \|         \|
SlayerDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2012, 10:51 AM   #86
Al
Hear Me Roar

Maybe another petition would work?

http://kotaku.com/5902387/a-whole-lo...r-windows-live
Old 17th Apr 2012, 11:35 AM   #87
Sir_Brizz
More Than Just Mad Skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerDragon View Post
Well, the PC gamers who pirate the game are the ones to be blamed for pirating the game. There are many who would do it no matter what DRM is in place, even a complete lack of DRM, so let's not imply that's the only reason it will happen. GFWL is pretty terrible, and I have avoided it entirely since Fallout 3, and will continue to do so. Then again, equating a pirated copy with a lost sale is also folly.
I don't disagree with that at all. GFWL tends to lead to lower sales which makes the piracy numbers look even worse than they actually are.

Liandri Archives - A veritable smorgasbord of information about the Unreal series
If Titanic taught me anything, it's to never let go until you're a frozen corpse staring hopelessly into a barren horizon.
Old 17th Apr 2012, 05:24 PM   #88
Capt.Toilet
Good news everyone!

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1326009..._backlash.html

They have responded and it is exactly what TB said. GFWL is not going anywhere. The petition is pointless.

As for this

Quote:
Miyazaki also explained that Dark Souls on PC is in fact, a straight port of the console version, "As for improvements to graphics and such, they are not planned at this point. A we said, this is a straight port of the console version."
I hope we can at least change the resolution.

Last edited by Capt.Toilet; 17th Apr 2012 at 05:26 PM.
Capt.Toilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2012, 06:09 PM   #89
Sir_Brizz
More Than Just Mad Skill

So, in other words, this is a "lazy port". The kind that people hate and don't want to buy.

Old 17th Apr 2012, 06:19 PM   #90
Capt.Toilet
Good news everyone!

Quote:
So, in other words, this is a "lazy port". The kind that people hate and don't want to buy.
Will depend if the performance issues are ported over as well
Old 6th May 2012, 04:19 PM   #91
Balton
The Beast of Worship

so this is like the best game from last year IMO!
When they released Castlevania Lords of Shadow this is what LoS should've been like.

_
Currently I'm in the dukes archive but I cleared out the tomb of giants sans defeating nito, so if anyone is somewhere there around the SL 110 ...

"God made Hitler and Saddam!!! Not schnitzel and the bomb!!!"
- oosyxxx
Balton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2012, 06:48 PM   #92
Vaskadar
It's time I look back from outer space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balton View Post
When they released Castlevania Lords of Shadow this is what LoS should've been like.

_
Currently I'm in the dukes archive but I cleared out the tomb of giants sans defeating nito, so if anyone is somewhere there around the SL 110 ...
It's on my list for best games of 2011. Jos and I are around SL 130, so it is unfortunate, but we cannot co-op with you at this point. We are wrapping up the rare weapons achievement and are going after all sorceries, pyromancies and miracles.
Vaskadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 10:51 AM   #93
Sjosz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:

_
We could try and wait around for you a bit. We're kinda stuck on Four Kings in NG+ because we just can't seem to kill them fast enough to prevent fighting all of them at once. Our luck with summoning a third party member into the world has not been great either.
I'd gladly help out with either/both the archives and tomb of the giants (though I just remembered that I've not yet gone to the Catacombs at all in NG+)
Old 10th May 2012, 01:11 PM   #94
Balton
The Beast of Worship

Seath and the Bed are down

- oosyxxx
Old 10th May 2012, 01:14 PM   #95
UBerserker
old EPIC GAMES

Quote:
Thanks god it didn't
[09:52:48] <Specineff> Area man gains z axis, becomes volume man, won't stop yelling
UBerserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 01:17 PM   #96
Vaskadar
It's time I look back from outer space

Quote:
Seath and the Bed are down
Bed of Chaos is awful. Seath was fun to fight.

Last edited by Vaskadar; 10th May 2012 at 03:57 PM.
Vaskadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 11:50 AM   #97
Mister_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBerserker View Post
Thanks god it didn't
LoS was a good God of War-style game but far removed from what is typical of a Castlevania game. When I think of what a third person, open world Castlevania game might look like I think something like Dark Souls is closer to that standard. The only glaring difference is that Dark Souls is slower paced, but the metroidvania is there. I can't think of too many non-sidescrolling games that can successfully accomplish (and surpass) this.
Mister_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 05:26 PM   #98
Balton
The Beast of Worship

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBerserker View Post
Thanks god it didn't
How would you know after only defeating the first boss, which concludes the tutorial?

Also I am saying this having played and finished almost all Castlevania games.

- oosyxxx
Old 31st May 2012, 09:16 AM   #99
Capt.Toilet
Good news everyone!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/dark-so...60-ps3-6379474

Steam version confirmed, but that doesn't necessarily mean that GFWL is still not included. Looks like it just means it will need to be activated twice to be used if bought through steam.
Old 31st May 2012, 12:03 PM   #100
dragonfliet
I write stuffs

Yeah, the Eurogamer article strongly implies that the steam version will just be steamworks and not GFWL (" There's a Games for Windows - Live version that will be sold in shops."), but it's not entirely clear. Here's hoping.

WW1 I think it was more like "Hey allies! We'll lend you a hand" and Europe was like, "Pfff, whatever. Okay, like stand over there and do stuff", and America was all like, "Oh really!? You mean it! Oh Boy!", and after awhile the European allies were like, "Hey they're actually not bad. Fair play to the Yanks" and the French Allies were like, "Oh wee wee, they held their own", and the Americans were like, "Hey, what did you say France?" and France was all like, "Nothing. Go **** yourself."
dragonfliet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard game is hard, prepare to die