Color Palettes in Photoshop CS4 Help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rajada

Jan 21, 2008
rajada.tumblr.com
I just recently learned that the light type setting 'color palette loop' uses the indexed colors of a specified pcx texture entered into the light's skin field. The default palettes (mostly in GenFX.utx) work great, however, it doesn't seem like I can actually create new ones from scratch, as the indexed colors need to be in the same order as the gradient.

Photoshop CS4 doesn't seem to have this option in the indexed color modes, and I'm not too keen on clicking and defining 256 (you have to have all 256 filled in or it doesn't work either) indexed colors in the color table by hand. Has anyone here ever found a way around this? Is there some program or plugin I can more easily generate these kinds of palette textures with?

Spiney

Jun 12, 2010
I can't verify this right now, but have you tried opening the pallete file in a text editor and doing some kind of auto sorting on the values?