News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Unreal Development > Coding

Old 6th Aug 2011, 09:08 AM   #1
gopostal

Bombing Run for UT

Is anyone interested in helping dev a decent BR mod for UT? I know there is a community of SLV players who love BR but the mod has some serious issues (like crashes and meshes being wrong, zero bot support). Athos did a serviceable version that sees playing time but I'd like to take it further.

Ideally I'd like to do a two part mod and simplify the choices. You could play iBR with a configurable insta or play SLV BR (the popular choice).
Much depends on whether I can access the source code for SLV (I have requested permissions) because I need to fix a serious crashing error concerning the rocket and crouching. I'd also like to add team colors to the SLV so you'd know who is who from a distance and maybe some offensive weaponry into the SLV itself (a mild gun of sorts).
If the SLV coders decline I have permissions from Ferali to switch to the VX and use that.

UT's limited physics could be overcome for this mod and I think if there were an actual "live" ball that could bounce around along with some bot support this mod could do well in the community.

I have a test server up here: 206.51.238.106:5555 running both versions if you might be interested.

Don't lament the "death" of UT, fight it: Make something!

Last edited by gopostal; 6th Aug 2011 at 09:22 AM.
gopostal is offline   Reply With Quote