News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games

Old 4th Aug 2011, 05:28 PM   #21
Capt.Toilet
Good news everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyllian View Post
Isn't that what people are already doing?
Craw runs, Farmory, etc
People are already going back to the same area over and over trying to get good stuff
People are going back to those areas because they are exploitable.

I found 2 pearlescents just by farming Knoxx's armory by way of falling through the floor.

Gearbox won't fix it because something about the 360's way of patching, can't quite remember. So yes thank the consoles for giving us unlimited nummies.
Old 4th Aug 2011, 05:36 PM   #22
Kyllian
if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_5 View Post
True enough, but the farming examples you mention give immediate results. A crafting system would most likely add more steps to the process.
Depends on how they implement it. I kinda doubt they'll put a crafting/smithing system in, but it'd be nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Toilet View Post
People are going back to those areas because they are exploitable.

I found 2 pearlescents just by farming Knoxx's armory by way of falling through the floor.
Eh, I don't see Craw as really exploitable unless you're referring to the one spot you can stand and Craw won't attack
Armory tho, oh yea, easily exploitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azura View Post
Welcome to BuF, home of the bukkake angel O_o...

Last edited by Kyllian; 4th Aug 2011 at 05:38 PM.
Kyllian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Aug 2011, 05:37 PM   #23
Darkdrium
20% Cooler

Rape bird will not be in the game Mordecai will be an NPC.

Link.
Darkdrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Aug 2011, 12:55 PM   #24
Agent_5
Replica?

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/08/bo...s-and-weapons/
Quote:
Gearbox have also decided to scrap all of the weapons from Borderlands 1.
wat

It also looks like we're on Pandora again. With the news about Gearbox trademarking Borderworlds I was kinda hoping that the sequel would feature planets you could travel between. Then again, if that were the case it'd probably just be an ice world, lava world, and jungle world with Pandora filling the role of the desert world.
Old 20th Feb 2012, 02:46 PM   #25
FlashIV
King of the Impossible

Borderlands 2 on a touch screen?

http://androidandme.com/2012/02/game...to-tegra-zone/

I read the internet for the articles.
FlashIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2012, 04:55 PM   #26
SleepyHe4d
fap fap fap

Diablo 3 is being released soon, this thread is invalid.
SleepyHe4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2012, 07:42 PM   #27
Sir_Brizz
More Than Just Mad Skill

Borderlands > Diablo. Sorry.

Liandri Archives - A veritable smorgasbord of information about the Unreal series
If Titanic taught me anything, it's to never let go until you're a frozen corpse staring hopelessly into a barren horizon.
Sir_Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2012, 11:48 PM   #28
DarkED
The Great Oppression

Meh, another "singleplayer" game that will be mind-numbingly boring unless played online. I'll pass.

(Yes, I did play Borderlands. Yes, it bored me to tears after a couple of hours.)
DarkED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2012, 12:43 AM   #29
Arnox
UT99/2004 Mod Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkED View Post
Meh, another "singleplayer" game that will be mind-numbingly boring unless played online. I'll pass.

(Yes, I did play Borderlands. Yes, it bored me to tears after a couple of hours.)
That's because they made Borderlands with the EXPRESS INTENT of just focusing on online and co-op play. The game pretty much screamed at you to get at least one other person to play with.

And as to the second Borderlands, I think Gamespot's article here would do this thread great justice.

http://www.gamespot.com/borderlands-...eview-6329613/

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.intosanctuary.com/index.php?topic=2.0
It doesn't matter if you like music. It doesn't matter if you like demolitions. It doesn't matter if you like games. Doesn't matter if you like sports or swearing or drugs or even pirating. This forum has what you need.

Last edited by Arnox; 21st Feb 2012 at 12:48 AM.
Arnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2012, 01:47 AM   #30
Sir_Brizz
More Than Just Mad Skill

I really enjoyed Borderlands. I played maybe half to three quarters of the game with another person, though. Co-op is awesome. I really don't mind when games are geared towards it.

Liandri Archives - A veritable smorgasbord of information about the Unreal series
If Titanic taught me anything, it's to never let go until you're a frozen corpse staring hopelessly into a barren horizon.
Sir_Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2012, 06:11 AM   #31
Capt.Toilet
Good news everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyHe4d View Post
Diablo 3 is being released soon, this thread is invalid.
At the rate Blizzard is going with Diablo, I wouldn't be surprised if this comes out first.
Old 25th Feb 2012, 02:22 PM   #32
d3tox
Face down in a pool of his own vomit.

So I just picked up the original, having ignored it for this long. Decent game, but hardly the game this thread makes it out to be.
d3tox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2012, 02:34 PM   #33
Darkdrium
20% Cooler

Like they say, if you play alone it's really boring. It is much less so in coop.
However it is something that I hope is addressed in the second game.
Darkdrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2012, 05:38 PM   #34
hal
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3tox View Post
So I just picked up the original, having ignored it for this long. Decent game, but hardly the game this thread makes it out to be.
Either you aren't a fan of the genre or were expecting something different going in. How far have you played and are you doing it solo or with friends?
Old 25th Feb 2012, 05:50 PM   #35
d3tox
Face down in a pool of his own vomit.

Not really much of either. I'm heading into Janistown, so I have spent some time with it. I am playing it solo, and haven't had to much trouble getting thru it.

However, I've had a couple of instances where I died only to find enemies respawned at the save point. In those instances you have to quit the game. Of course, quitting means starting the level over and respawning means $$ spent. You'd think they could have added an exception that the active spawn points gets a radius where enemies don't spawn, but whatever...

I'm sure its intended to be a coop game, and I don't mind the extra difficulty. In fact I appreciate it because too many sp games last 2 weeks on their hardest difficulty. But cmon, spawn killing in a sp game?
d3tox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2012, 06:34 PM   #36
dragonfliet
I write stuffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3tox View Post
I'm sure its intended to be a coop game
I played it solo for about two hours before I put it down. It simply isn't very good as a SP game. Coop, however, it is ****ing awesome. It is really the only worthwhile way to play the game. Sure, that's kind of a flaw on Gearbox's part, but it is well worth it.

WW1 I think it was more like "Hey allies! We'll lend you a hand" and Europe was like, "Pfff, whatever. Okay, like stand over there and do stuff", and America was all like, "Oh really!? You mean it! Oh Boy!", and after awhile the European allies were like, "Hey they're actually not bad. Fair play to the Yanks" and the French Allies were like, "Oh wee wee, they held their own", and the Americans were like, "Hey, what did you say France?" and France was all like, "Nothing. Go **** yourself."
dragonfliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2012, 09:17 PM   #37
JohnDoe641
Killer Fools Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
I really enjoyed Borderlands. I played maybe half to three quarters of the game with another person, though. Co-op is awesome. I really don't mind when games are geared towards it.
I've barely done more than 10% of the game in co-op, the rest was all in SP mode for the main plot and the DLC's.

The one time I did try and do full co-op was for my first play through of the Claptrap DLC and Haarg joined as a level 69 but me and the game were at level 35 or so. He pretty much did a speed run that kept him so far ahead of me and everyone else that he basically one-shotted and killed every boss before I could even get halfway there. I literally didn't see any of the mini-bosses because they were all dead before I could catch up and the final fight lasted about 20 seconds and that sort of soured any interest in future co-op sessions for me. So I've tended to stick with SP even in games that are geared towards co-op.

Yeah I probably shouldn't let one thing stop me from doing co-op, but meh.

Ci.ctf pdX.tdm
JohnDoe641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2012, 12:44 AM   #38
Kyllian
if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

I had to reinstall XP not too long ago, one of the things I forgot to back up were my Borderlands saves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azura View Post
Welcome to BuF, home of the bukkake angel O_o...
Kyllian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2012, 01:01 AM   #39
funkblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe641 View Post
I've barely done more than 10% of the game in co-op, the rest was all in SP mode for the main plot and the DLC's.

The one time I did try and do full co-op was for my first play through of the Claptrap DLC and Haarg joined as a level 69 but me and the game were at level 35 or so. He pretty much did a speed run that kept him so far ahead of me and everyone else that he basically one-shotted and killed every boss before I could even get halfway there. I literally didn't see any of the mini-bosses because they were all dead before I could catch up and the final fight lasted about 20 seconds and that sort of soured any interest in future co-op sessions for me. So I've tended to stick with SP even in games that are geared towards co-op.

Yeah I probably shouldn't let one thing stop me from doing co-op, but meh.
haarg is a poopy. me you and oh i dont know endo or maybe the poopman should play new characters or something.
Old 16th Mar 2012, 10:24 PM   #40
Agent_5
Replica?

http://www.borderlands2.com/loveletter?x
I <3 you too Gearbox. Just don't screw it up.

Tags
berderlernds ter, borderlands 2, negros all look alike