News • UnrealEd • Files • Mods • FragBU • Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Off Topic

Old 16th Apr 2011, 02:52 AM   #1
dirtmcgirt
dirtmcgirt

P90X BuFers

Any BuFers on the X? I wanna know how many of you have tried, completed or are in the process of completing the P90X program. Don't be afraid to post results either.
I'm on day 70, and so far I love the program. I'm gonna start my second round about May 20th, and I'm planning on putting more focus on my core. It's tough for guys with bad ab genetics. I've got about 10% body fat, I'm 6'2", 185 and even after 70 days of ab ripper x my 6 pack only wants to show when I flex my stomach. Other than that, I've had some awesome results.

deviantART
Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered but legends never die.
dirtmcgirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 03:00 AM   #2
dragonfliet
I write stuffs

I have started it a few times, but seriously don't have the kind of schedule that allows me to work out for 7 hours a week, every week, and so I generally go three weeks, drop it entirely for two, start up for two days, stop for a week, etc., until about a month before classes end and the crush of grading student papers and writing papers of my own buries me to the point where no work will be done until the summer.

That being said, I love the workouts, as I already have weights in the house and the routines are interesting, challenging and easy to follow.

~Jason

WW1 I think it was more like "Hey allies! We'll lend you a hand" and Europe was like, "Pfff, whatever. Okay, like stand over there and do stuff", and America was all like, "Oh really!? You mean it! Oh Boy!", and after awhile the European allies were like, "Hey they're actually not bad. Fair play to the Yanks" and the French Allies were like, "Oh wee wee, they held their own", and the Americans were like, "Hey, what did you say France?" and France was all like, "Nothing. Go **** yourself."
dragonfliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 03:14 AM   #3
dirtmcgirt
dirtmcgirt

Yeah, it's really tough to stay on top of. I'm proud to say I've never missed a workout. I know I've been privileged to have the time to do so.

deviantART
Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered but legends never die.
Old 16th Apr 2011, 03:30 AM   #4
Phopojijo
A Loose Screw

I'm on the BFG90XX regiment. I carry around about 300 lbs of weaponry and body armor and run an obstacle course.

(Thumbs up if someone gets where I grabbed that pic from)
Phopojijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 03:57 AM   #5
(GR)Killer

I start in May.
(GR)Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 04:09 AM   #6
BITE_ME
Bye-Bye

I will not get on the X.
Cartoons taught me, thats were they drop the piano.
Old 16th Apr 2011, 05:13 AM   #7
dirtmcgirt
dirtmcgirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by (GR)Killer View Post
I start in May.
Yeah? Good luck. Got any goals?

deviantART
Old 16th Apr 2011, 06:11 AM   #8
Jackal
Crapass

I've had it for like 2 years now. I've done 2 workouts. That's it. I did the first one and I was so sore for 2 days I didn't do any other ones. Then I did the ab ripper episode one morning and that was ok. I get up at 5am to go to work, I get home at 7pm. I don't really have the time to do it. I want too. I really do, but I just cant' seem to get myself up at 4am to do a workout. I'm also 6'2, currently 198lbs. I would like to get down to 180 or so.

Oh well. Who gives a crap anyways. You don't need a good healthy body if all you do is play video games lol.
Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 09:07 AM   #9
Festering Anus
Cheeto Hans

p90x is alright but it has it's problems.

I do the ab ripper pretty frequently when I'm not being a fatass. Otherwise I just do my own workout and it works fine. I think it's important to develop a customized workout plan that works for you as it will keep you motivated and on track. It also needs to be able to change if required. Like Jackal said above, what if you're sore as **** after a workout and literally cannot move? Well in that case I would do a lesser workout.. but the p90x will just poop in your mouth.
Old 16th Apr 2011, 09:17 AM   #10
Kantham
Fool.

I heard it works, but to be honest, I'd rather stick with the gym.
Kantham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 09:41 AM   #11
Balton
The Beast of Worship

I'll just rely on my genes and the fact that
I walk over 5 km every day. If anythign at all I need to gain 5 kg.

"God made Hitler and Saddam!!! Not schnitzel and the bomb!!!"
- oosyxxx
Balton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 11:20 AM   #12
Neddaf
Just a flesh wound!

The things that P90X preach are what body builders and other physical fitness experts have been preaching for years upon years, but now it's in pretty packaging. Honestly, you can use these exercises but there is so much out there you can create your own.

I frequently stop at www.rossboxing.com and I have his book Never Gymless. The sheer magnitude of exercises in Never Gymless is insane, but can all be used to get to P90X goals.
Old 16th Apr 2011, 11:30 AM   #13
(GR)Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr4g D3mon View Post
Yeah? Good luck. Got any goals?
Just to get into shape. Been going to the gym for 3 months.
(GR)Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 12:54 PM   #14
SnaKe-Fu
Thread Killer.

Meh, P90X is ok imo. I did it for awhile and yeah I was seeing results, but it wasn't that appealing to me. I hate spending 1 - 1 1/2 hours working out when there are better, more efficient ways to do it. I've been doing Crossfit for awhile now, and I can say that it's more taxing then P90X and way more efficient. Plus it a Crossfit workout typically takes a fraction of the time that a P90X workout takes, and it's free! Over the past 7 months I've been doing Crossfit and eating a Paleo diet and I've lost over 40lbs and I've gotten a lot stronger. I also feel better, sleep better, and have a ton of energy throughout the day.

@Fr4g D3mon - Abs are made in the kitchen bro.

Steam: SnaKeFu
deviantART
SnaKe-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 12:56 PM   #15
Big-Al
amateur de bi่re

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balton View Post
... If anythign at all I need to gain 5 kg.
Hells yeah!!

I drink moosepiss
Big-Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 07:40 PM   #16
dirtmcgirt
dirtmcgirt

On the kitchen abs note, yeah. Sad thing is, I was dieting so much and eating so lean that it had a detrimental effect on gaining size in my arms and chest. I've decided to let nature take it's course and if I don't end up with the six pack of my dreams then so be it. I'd rather be a guy with a big chest and arms than an average guy with abs.

deviantART
Old 16th Apr 2011, 07:47 PM   #17
Kantham
Fool.

As much as generic as guys with six packs can be, I salute them. It's hard training and abs are the hardest muscles to train next to legs. Training your upper chest is the best part of working out and it's the most attractive part of the masculine body next to something else, that's what she said.
Kantham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 07:55 PM   #18
Juggalo Kyle
Sup brah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phopojijo View Post
I'm on the BFG90XX regiment. I carry around about 300 lbs of weaponry and body armor and run an obstacle course.

(Thumbs up if someone gets where I grabbed that pic from)

Immersion's Video Game Inventory Video.

I've started the P90X a few times, but I just don't really get into it. I'm more of the kind of person who prefers to go to a Gym rather than doing it at home. Just a bummer that I had to cancel my Gym membership last April. Budget cuts are a bitch.
Old 16th Apr 2011, 08:25 PM   #19
SnaKe-Fu
Thread Killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr4g D3mon View Post
On the kitchen abs note, yeah. Sad thing is, I was dieting so much and eating so lean that it had a detrimental effect on gaining size in my arms and chest. I've decided to let nature take it's course and if I don't end up with the six pack of my dreams then so be it. I'd rather be a guy with a big chest and arms than an average guy with abs.
Hypertrophy of the arms and chest through body building isn't exactly natural, but if that is what you're going for then best of luck!

Steam: SnaKeFu
deviantART
SnaKe-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 08:43 PM   #20
BITE_ME
Bye-Bye

2 tag limit sucks

Tags
fat people itt, fat video gamers need to exercise, fatties buy games from steam, kanthams penis, only think that isnt fat is kathams penis, wat