Cliff B Tweaks PC Gamers Over MIA Bulletstorm Demo

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
In a recent tweet, therealcliffyb (AKA the real Cliff Bleszinski) tweaks PC gamers over the absence of a Bulletstorm demo for their platform.

BULLETSTORM DEMO COMING TO 360/PS3 JANUARY 25th. In other news, PC gamers are grumpy about this.

Et tu, Brute??

Now I, like many others no doubt, am solidly in the "buy" camp and a demo won't matter to me a whole lot. I am a great fan of People Can Fly and I have faith... but we need some good news, Epic. Don't bait us!

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I suppose it's us who are being douches about it as well. Let's just all be douches and be happy!

U

ut04trials-arlopunk

Hal is immensely witty

YOU ARE IMMENSELY WITTY HAL.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
You can read this as the most douchey response from a Epic's representative, or read it as a way to let you know they are aware about the recent vents.

Either way, ****ing unprofessional.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Nope actually this is driving me further away from the "buy" camp.

But hey, if stuff people say on the internet about wanting a PC demo doesn't matter to Cliffy B, can I say **** you Cliffy B?

Because it doesn't matter, right?

^Not only Kantham.

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
Wow, and I thought Cliffyb couldn't become more of an asshole than he is already.

U

Unregistered

very unprofessional. announce a demo for consoles but nothing for pc, then salt the wound by belittling the pc fanbase with such comments? not a good marketing strategy.

this doesnt change my views on the game itself, but i must say it has affected my faith in epic as a whole.

whilst i am a pc gamer, i do have ps3 and xbox360 in the house so ill prob check it out on one of them to get an idea of how the game feels. but still, judging by other comments which i cant disagree with, of torrenting the game to try before a buy, seems epic is actually indirectly promoting piracy with this move.
not to mention the fact people need to actually try a demo before buying, shows im not the only one losing faith in epic.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Just because it's 140 characters maximum does not give him the right to be a douche.
He's PR for the company he works for. He should have higher standards than that.
He doesn't? He deserves the flak he gets IMO.

Last edited:

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
It's a freakin twitter post, folks.

^^

Twitter is a place to be pithy, witty, full of tude, etc. It's no biggie at all. How can people whine so much and take this so seriously?

I wouldn't bother trying a demo anyways when I know I am going to play the real deal. I know a demo would be nice for those of you on the fence.

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
It's a freakin twitter post, folks.
^^

Twitter is a place to be pithy, witty, full of tude, etc. It's no biggie at all. How can people whine so much and take this so seriously?

So if it wasn't on twitter but elsewhere it would be a problem? What kind of flawed logic is that?
Try working for a company or the goverment and say things about it on twitter... you 'll be surprised how fast you will be thrown out

Clitoris. He has one.

:lol:

Last edited:

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
So if it wasn't in twitter it would be a problem? What kind of flawed logic is that?

Did I say in what media that behavior is and isn't acceptable? Looks like you tried to add a lot of meaning to my statement that wasn't there. The internet is full of such dweebs.

Try working for a company or the goverment and say things about it in twitter... you 'll be surprised how fast you will be thrown out
Wouldn't go well with my company, the government, or wherever you work. He works for a gaming company where it is perfectly OK to spout profanity in PR videos. CliffyB is payed big bucks to put on his persona, whether you like that persona or not.

I wish there was a game demo. But to get so worked over a tweet that used the word "grumpy"? Laugh out freaking loud.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
You guys are idiots. There is no PC demo yet because they haven't finished porting the demo/game over for us yet. As soon as they port the console version for us, I'm sure a demo will be released.

Deal with it.

Yeah, because console ports have always worked so well so far... UT3 anyone?

Last edited: