News • UnrealEd • Files • Mods • FragBU • Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th Nov 2010, 10:51 AM   #41
Crotale
_________________________ _______________
 
Crotale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 20th, 2008
Location: Anywhere But Here
Posts: 2,401
Don't touch my junk, bro!
Crotale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2010, 10:52 AM   #42
kiff
That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
 
kiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 19th, 2008
Location: Tx.
Posts: 3,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balton View Post
dunno, that's an invitation to a person that has the authority to go full cavity commando on you. I'd rather play with fire.
that's cool, a stroking and a lawsuit
kiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2010, 10:54 AM   #43
Balton
The Beast of Worship
 
Balton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar. 6th, 2001
Location: Berlin
Posts: 12,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiff View Post
that's cool, a stroking and a lawsuit
dude, you're such a whore.
__________________

"God made Hitler and Saddam!!! Not schnitzel and the bomb!!!"
- oosyxxx
Balton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2010, 11:52 AM   #44
Big-Al
amateur de bi่re
 
Big-Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 14th, 2003
Location: Under a black flag.
Posts: 8,037
boy oh boy.
__________________


I drink moosepiss
Big-Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2010, 12:23 PM   #45
Hadmar
Queen Bitch of the Universe
 
Hadmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 29th, 2001
Location: Nerdpole
Posts: 5,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polychron View Post
There is no big deal. An image algorithm automatically recognizes your genitals depending on the size and covers them with a colored box on the monitoring screen.
And the unedited pic would never be kept somewhere. Ever.
__________________
Hadmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2010, 12:27 PM   #46
Balton
The Beast of Worship
 
Balton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar. 6th, 2001
Location: Berlin
Posts: 12,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by BITE_ME View Post
What are they going to do when, Girl with balls and shaft comes through the line?
They'll measure it, what else?
__________________

"God made Hitler and Saddam!!! Not schnitzel and the bomb!!!"
- oosyxxx
Balton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2010, 12:45 PM   #47
Animus
bladiebladibla
 
Animus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep. 24th, 2004
Location: in Manta under water
Posts: 251
this whole TSA thing and invading privacy in the US is sickening, i cant understand how this can happen while in my idea 95 percent of the people hate all this privacy invading measurements.
__________________
laying on the floor with my hands in my hair is the best i feel right now.
Animus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2010, 01:55 PM   #48
d3tox
Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
 
d3tox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 8th, 2008
Posts: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polychron View Post
My box was rather big and suited my size well
She's not much of a wrestler, but you should see her box.
d3tox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2010, 02:04 PM   #49
Leo(T.C.K.)
Registered User
 
Leo(T.C.K.)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May. 14th, 2006
Posts: 3,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
Don't you think it would make you uncomfortable to look at a dude in the scanner with a giant boner?
I have no idea..however it could as well amuse him, I mean the guy who checks the scanner images. I don't see what positive effect would it have? It could turn him off, but as well as oposite, depending on his sexuality, or it could do nothing at all.

Last edited by Leo(T.C.K.); 17th Nov 2010 at 02:06 PM.
Leo(T.C.K.) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2010, 03:02 PM   #50
JaFO
bugs are features too ...
 
JaFO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 5th, 2000
Posts: 5,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
this whole TSA thing and invading privacy in the US is sickening, i cant understand how this can happen while in my idea 95 percent of the people hate all this privacy invading measurements.
Everyone may hate it, but as soon as the T-word is used they'll happily obey the almighty leader.
Never mind the old excuse "if you're innocent you won't have anything to hide so what are you afraid of anyway?" ...
And failing that giving free stuff as a reward will do the trick as sites like Facebook have discovered that people will reveal every bit of personal info if they can get 'free' stuff.

The only thing that might stop this is parents claiming the guards are pedophiles because they will be looking at naked kids as well ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadmar
And the unedited pic would never be kept somewhere. Ever.
I seem to remember an article that said that the unedited pictures were stored despite manufacturers and politicians claiming they weren't ...

Last edited by JaFO; 17th Nov 2010 at 03:04 PM.
JaFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2010, 03:39 PM   #51
kiff
That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
 
kiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 19th, 2008
Location: Tx.
Posts: 3,809
It would be hilarious if the guy watching the monitor was really big and fat with pieces of the popcorn he's eating rolling off his belly as he loudly chuckles everytime someone passes through it
kiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2010, 04:32 PM   #52
SlayerDragon
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
 
SlayerDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 3rd, 2003
Posts: 7,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFO View Post
I seem to remember an article that said that the unedited pictures were stored despite manufacturers and politicians claiming they weren't ...
It was at a courthouse in Florida, so it's only remotely related.
__________________
Code:
        __   ,    _   __   ,
 |   | /  \_/ \_|/ \_/  \_/ \_
  \_/|/\__/  \/ |__/ \__/  \/
    /|         /|  
    \|         \|
SlayerDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2010, 06:34 PM   #53
Jacks:Revenge
╠╣E╚╚O
 
Jacks:Revenge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 18th, 2006
Location: somewhere; sometime?
Posts: 9,407
saw another ridiculous story on the news tonight about this TSA hooplah.
they said people should boycott airport security over the holiday as a sign of protest. oh, great. so it takes me an additional 14 f*cking hours to get to my flight.

this sh*t is ridiculous.
you know what? I can't wait for the next successful terrorist attack.
yeah it sucks that people are going to have to die, but that's what it's going to take.

I can't wait for the next plane to fall from the sky in a ball of fire, because that will prove (once again) that all these enhanced security measures don't actually make us any safer. when you're trying to fight terrorism at the lines in the airport itself, then it's too late. the security we had in place just prior to 9/11 was fine.

the reason 9/11 was successful had NOTHING to do with airport security.
the reason that the underpants bomber failed had NOTHING to do with airport security.

wake up people.
__________________
"Aut inveniam viam aut faciam."
Jacks:Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2010, 06:37 PM   #54
Mozi
Zer0 as a number
 
Mozi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 12th, 2002
Location: In the Borderlands..
Posts: 3,537
Underpants bomb...

A lot of people are armed with those. AKA farts..in a claustrophobic flying tube of people crowded together, there is nothing worse than having that one asshat rip one right there and then...
__________________
'Friendly Fire: Just A Finger Slippin' Good Shot!'


mozidesign.com
twitter: @mozidesigner
Mozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2010, 07:18 PM   #55
Lizard Of Oz
Demented Avenger
 
Lizard Of Oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct. 25th, 1998
Location: In a cave & grooving with a Pict
Posts: 10,550
Knock a hole in the deficit. Eliminate Dubya's TSA and the Dept. of Fatherland Homeland Security.



.

Last edited by Lizard Of Oz; 17th Nov 2010 at 07:22 PM.
Lizard Of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2010, 07:50 PM   #56
Jackal
Crapass
 
Jackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 13th, 2003
Location: Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
Posts: 7,999
Really?

You guys are going to complain about a full body scan that you may or may not get? ****ing l o l

First thing, if you don't like the chance that you may be scanned or frisked, take the bus, drive your car, take the train, walk. Whatever. It's not a 'right' to fly on a airplane. You buy the ticket, you gotta follow the rules. It's part of flying.

You honestly think that ANYONE will want to see any of you as a blob in a computer screen after they have seen much better and much worse and boast about it? Really? It's a couple of mins out of your day to get a quick scan to make sure that you aren't about to kill anyone etc. Of course YOU know you aren't going to do it, but that doesn't mean everyone else on the plane knows.

I personally don't care. It's not invasive to me, I'm not going to die from it any faster than I am from sitting in the car in traffic or eating fast food etc. I'm sure almost all of you drive around in a city with traffic cameras. Those things are always recording you. The government can track where you go, and how you got there just by replaying those tapes.

So for someone to be upset that some dude in a small office is looking at hundreds or thousands of blobed people is just crazy. It's not a loss to our "freedom" or anything like that, it's a simple security measure that was introduced after the underpants bomber got through security because I'm pretty ****ing sure that not one of you would like to be seated next to the next Underpants bomber, now would you?

Also, I'm almost 100% sure that if you took a vote of people and asked, "This plane has been checked by security and gone through the full body scanner, and this other plane has not" that everyone would vote to fly on the plane that has been scanned and been made secure.

But that's just my thoughts and maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we should abolish all pat downs and bomb sniffers and anything that takes pictures of us and helps fight against crime and have more terrorist attacks (because IIRC, we haven't had another one since 9/11 and all these new security measures have been put in place, we are still learning after all)

Last edited by Jackal; 17th Nov 2010 at 07:54 PM.
Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2010, 08:16 PM   #57
Jackal
Crapass
 
Jackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 13th, 2003
Location: Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
Posts: 7,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks:SmirkingRevenge View Post
the reason 9/11 was successful had NOTHING to do with airport security.
the reason that the underpants bomber failed had NOTHING to do with airport security.

wake up people.
So what your saying then is that if these bombers had gone through this full body scan, the "attacks" would have still happend.

hrm, intresting theory you have here sir!
Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2010, 08:16 PM   #58
DarkED
The Great Oppression
 
DarkED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar. 19th, 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Posts: 3,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Also, I'm almost 100% sure that if you took a vote of people and asked, "This plane has been checked by security and gone through the full body scanner, and this other plane has not" that everyone would vote to fly on the plane that has been scanned and been made secure.
They can't make a plane completely secure. It's impossible. Too many people have access. They can only give you the illusion of security.
DarkED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2010, 08:26 PM   #59
Jacks:Revenge
╠╣E╚╚O
 
Jacks:Revenge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 18th, 2006
Location: somewhere; sometime?
Posts: 9,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Maybe we should abolish all pat downs and bomb sniffers and anything that takes pictures of us and helps fight against crime and have more terrorist attacks (because IIRC, we haven't had another one since 9/11 and all these new security measures have been put in place, we are still learning after all)
nah man, you don't get it.

the reason we haven't been attacked since 9/11 has nothing to do with the enhanced security at the lines that lead into the airport terminal. that guy with the bomb in his pants wasn't caught in the security line. he was caught in his seat - on the plane - because he was obviously an amateur bombmaker. if not for his being an idiot, his attack would have gone on without a hitch.
it's basically the same case with the would-be Times Square bomber.
nobody caught him until after the fact. we just got lucky because he f*cked up.

sure, some people feel violated by the extra security measures.
but that's not the point. the point is that all the extra measures are simply unnecessary. they don't make us any more safe. they're expensive, time consuming, and a hassle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
So what your saying then is that if these bombers had gone through this full body scan, the "attacks" would have still happend.
careful, your ignorance is showing.

attacks will happen in spite of full body scanners and pat-downs.
it's true that the underpants guy would have been caught. but that's one case concerning one guy who was obviously poorly trained and apprehensive. you're not thinking about hardened, determined, and better trained terrorists. because REAL terrorists will find a way around anything we could possibly throw at them.

you can't fight terrorism at the airport.
once it gets there, it's too late.
__________________
"Aut inveniam viam aut faciam."
Jacks:Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2010, 08:29 PM   #60
Leo(T.C.K.)
Registered User
 
Leo(T.C.K.)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May. 14th, 2006
Posts: 3,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Really?

You guys are going to complain about a full body scan that you may or may not get? ****ing l o l

First thing, if you don't like the chance that you may be scanned or frisked, take the bus, drive your car, take the train, walk. Whatever. It's not a 'right' to fly on a airplane. You buy the ticket, you gotta follow the rules. It's part of flying.

You honestly think that ANYONE will want to see any of you as a blob in a computer screen after they have seen much better and much worse and boast about it? Really? It's a couple of mins out of your day to get a quick scan to make sure that you aren't about to kill anyone etc. Of course YOU know you aren't going to do it, but that doesn't mean everyone else on the plane knows.

I personally don't care. It's not invasive to me, I'm not going to die from it any faster than I am from sitting in the car in traffic or eating fast food etc. I'm sure almost all of you drive around in a city with traffic cameras. Those things are always recording you. The government can track where you go, and how you got there just by replaying those tapes.

So for someone to be upset that some dude in a small office is looking at hundreds or thousands of blobed people is just crazy. It's not a loss to our "freedom" or anything like that, it's a simple security measure that was introduced after the underpants bomber got through security because I'm pretty ****ing sure that not one of you would like to be seated next to the next Underpants bomber, now would you?

Also, I'm almost 100% sure that if you took a vote of people and asked, "This plane has been checked by security and gone through the full body scanner, and this other plane has not" that everyone would vote to fly on the plane that has been scanned and been made secure.

But that's just my thoughts and maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we should abolish all pat downs and bomb sniffers and anything that takes pictures of us and helps fight against crime and have more terrorist attacks (because IIRC, we haven't had another one since 9/11 and all these new security measures have been put in place, we are still learning after all)
Jackal loves posing for full body scan pictures apparently or strip in front of everyone.

And waht about if he just ate the explosive or have it operated in him? How would the scan show it? It isn't exactly deep xray or something like that anyway.

Last edited by Leo(T.C.K.); 17th Nov 2010 at 08:31 PM.
Leo(T.C.K.) is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
badda bing badda boom, kantham is mad at x-rays, larkin don't get it, leo(t.c.k.) was here (unfortunately), lolitics, neocons, neocons everywhere

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Copyright ©1998 - 2012, BeyondUnreal, Inc.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
Bandwidth provided by AtomicGamer