NewsUnrealEdFilesModsFragBULiandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games

Old 22nd Sep 2010, 11:55 PM   #61
(GR)Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyHe4d View Post
Psh, glass is for nubs, nothing can compare to my under-ice house. How do I take screenshots? PrtScn won't work because when I paste in Paint it just shows up all black.

Are you guys on Steam or something I can chat to y'all with? Besides IRC...
shloww is my steam but i rarely am on it, i just buy games from it because those deals they have make my penis have a nice feeling. I'm mostly on xfire.

BTW those fire in a block under the water would be the ultimate eye candy at night.

Last edited by (GR)Killer; 22nd Sep 2010 at 11:57 PM.
(GR)Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 12:01 AM   #62
(GR)Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdrium View Post
I do think there is a limit yes. I am not sure what it is, if it's time based or amount based.

Since we're in SP anyways, have no fear and build chests as much as you need because nobody can steal them. (That's one of the problems in MP public I'm reading, people steal and grief.)

Also make your house near the spawn location. That way when you die you are near your base. Or put signs along the way to your place, or some other landmarks.

Finally, a compass can be handy to. Make it by surrounding a redstone dust with four iron ingots (two vertical and two horizontal.) It will only point to your spawn location though.
Lol, i didn't steal anything in your chest, i swear. I prefer finding my own things.
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 12:38 AM   #63
Breadtruck
All's Well That Ends Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by (GR)Killer View Post
No idea, ask on the minecraft forums or better yet, search their forums for an answer.
I've been looking around, and haven't found a single answer to it. It seems I'm not the only one with the issue, but no one has really seemed to fix it. The only way it seems they fixed it was by switching computers, or because they were on a Mac or Linux and switched to using Java, which solved it?
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 01:26 AM   #64
haarg
Banned

Playing on DarkED's server I found a dungeon, so naturally I brought some friends with me back to town.

Old 23rd Sep 2010, 06:44 AM   #65
Zxanphorian
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This game gave me a whopping 3 hours of sleep last night. This game likes to cut through time like a hot knife through butter!
Zxanphorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 07:07 AM   #66
SleepyHe4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zxanphorian View Post
This game gave me a whopping 3 hours of sleep last night. This game likes to cut through time like a hot knife through butter!
I've been playing a lot too. Oh hai 7 am.

Too bad I have no one to play with though, if only Dark's server would work for meh!
SleepyHe4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 02:14 PM   #67
anaemic
she touch your penis?

how the piss do i fullscreen this game, its tiring building a tower to heaven in miniature
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 03:02 PM   #68
Zxanphorian
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Finished my glass staircase, and now i am working on my tower-top garden!
Zxanphorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 03:32 PM   #69
Darkdrium
20% Cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaemic View Post
how the piss do i fullscreen this game, its tiring building a tower to heaven in miniature
You use that button right on the left of the red X in the upper right corner
Darkdrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Sep 2010, 03:00 AM   #70
DarkED
The Great Oppression

Okay, so I haven't checked this thread since the server went up. I pretty much have all the little quirks ironed out with the server, so it's basically stable now. It ran all night last night and all day today with no hitches. I've also been saving and making backups of the world regularly. On top of that, I now have QoS setup for the server so lag is greatly reduced. And finally, I upgraded the server so it has 1GB of RAM now. So I got a lot done

Here's a couple renders of our world so far. These have been cropped to reduce filesize.

Day:
This image was resized using the screenshot tag.  Click to view the full version
This image was resized using the screenshot tag.  Click to view the full version

Night:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Mapper View Post
Wha happa Sine?
I figured out how to make pools and such that don't disappear. I fixed the hot tub in your treehouse

Quote:
>Connection lost.
>
>Failed to logon: User not premium.

Can you do what Angel said and turn off authentication or whatever?
(EDIT: It's done. Connect at will )

I'll change it sometime tonight or tomorrow for ya. Just gotta wait till nobody is on the server. I will let you guys know when.

Last edited by DarkED; 24th Sep 2010 at 06:27 AM.
DarkED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Sep 2010, 06:09 AM   #71
SleepyHe4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkED View Post
Here's a couple renders of our world so far. These have been cropped to reduce filesize.

(EDIT: It's done. Connect at will )
Holy crap that is awesome, how do I make those renders, do you need to run it as a server or something?

(Holy crap that is awesome, thank you very much. I'll see you guys there sometime!)
Old 24th Sep 2010, 06:10 AM   #72
(GR)Killer

I now got a glass floor with a pool under it and i have destroyed my house and built a marketplace going around my place. Tomorrow i will be filling the chests up with weapons, armor, wood, etc. I will probably go farming for glass eventually and fill it up for a glass store i'll make. Also got an outpost, and a bunch of free **** for anyone who needs stone or dirt or just random **** i collect. I can't wait for dragons!
Old 24th Sep 2010, 06:21 AM   #73
Rambowjo
Das Protoss

Hi DarkED, what is your connection speed? I went on the server yesterday, but it all seemed a little choppy. Of course, there's bound to be latency issues, since you're in the US, but I thought it felt like a little more than that. Anyhow, I might jump in later today and see if anybody is around.
Old 24th Sep 2010, 06:30 AM   #74
NRG
Master Console Hater

Wow, I'm really tempted to purchase this. Played with a teammate for a few hours the other night while the login server was broke and spent a bunch of hours just exploring the generated world and figuring out the basics. I'm afraid to do it though, I feel like one massive attack on the Minecraft servers and a lot of people will lose their accounts and/or maps.

I'd love to play in your server Darked and be part of an empire cooperatively built by BUFers.

Steam
NRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Sep 2010, 06:33 AM   #75
DarkED
The Great Oppression

Quote:
Holy crap that is awesome, how do I make those renders, do you need to run it as a server or something?
You already know now, but for posterity I will tell the rest of you. Those are made with a program called Cartographer.

Quote:
(Holy crap that is awesome, thank you very much. I'll see you guys there sometime!)
Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambowjo View Post
Hi DarkED, what is your connection speed? I went on the server yesterday, but it all seemed a little choppy. Of course, there's bound to be latency issues, since you're in the US, but I thought it felt like a little more than that. Anyhow, I might jump in later today and see if anybody is around.
It's 384k up, but that should be fine for up to 6 clients. I think the main problem was that the server didn't have enough RAM to handle the game. Can cause it to be laggy. I upgraded the server to 1GB of RAM last night and I setup QoS rules for it so it should be less laggy for everyone now. I have the player cap set to 8. We had 7 clients on yesterday and the game was a little laggy but playable, and that was before the upgrade and QoS rules. So hopefully it will be better for everyone.

Last edited by DarkED; 24th Sep 2010 at 06:35 AM.
DarkED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Sep 2010, 11:08 AM   #76
SleepyHe4d

I banned DarkEd from his own server.

Goodnight.
Old 24th Sep 2010, 11:37 AM   #77
Angel_Mapper
Noblesse Oblige

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkED View Post
I figured out how to make pools and such that don't disappear. I fixed the hot tub in your treehouse
Oh nice, thanks! I see my Wickerman's still on fire too.
Angel_Mapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Sep 2010, 01:14 PM   #78
Breadtruck
All's Well That Ends Well

Finally got the game to work! I made myself a simple base of sorts, and began building myself tools. I only spent about 2 hours playing last night, but I feel like I did good for the time I spent playing. I covered my place on the outside with torches, simply because everyone I know who plays has gotten lost at night and couldn't find there way back home. I don't think that will be a problem for me with the amount of torches and structures I made at my base
Old 24th Sep 2010, 01:25 PM   #79
Darkdrium
20% Cooler

Okay so I'm trying to connect to DarkEd's server and I get this incomplete world which looks nothing like your map, and then the error: "End of stream."

:|

I guess it's back to branch mining for diamonds in solo.
Darkdrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Sep 2010, 01:42 PM   #80
(GR)Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG View Post
Wow, I'm really tempted to purchase this. Played with a teammate for a few hours the other night while the login server was broke and spent a bunch of hours just exploring the generated world and figuring out the basics. I'm afraid to do it though, I feel like one massive attack on the Minecraft servers and a lot of people will lose their accounts and/or maps.

I'd love to play in your server Darked and be part of an empire cooperatively built by BUFers.
Yeah, let's get a bunch of us over. The game is not a time waster, it's a time STEALER! a few hours feels like 30 minutes. I had nothing to do last night so i spent like 10 hours in it...

Tags
'its a work of art.. uh.' *bang*, darkdrium is not mad at tnt, f**k minecraft what's wrong with you people?, f**k minecraft: f**k this regression, fireflu, jeep cancer, minecraft, miners gonna mine, official unofficial, recreating deus ex in minecraft awww yea, sinedeviance.co.cc, sleepyhe4d is a hypocrite, sleepyhe4d: always angry all the time, sweet graphics bro, unofficial official, vaskadar stopped by. said hi. left shortly after.