News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Tournament Series > Unreal Tournament

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th Sep 2010, 03:14 AM   #1
Mang Nux
Registered User
 
Mang Nux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep. 14th, 2010
Posts: 103
UT Community Patch

Which is the best/latest patch for UT? I've seen a few, and now I'm confused as to which I should install...
Mang Nux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Sep 2010, 04:00 AM   #2
IronMonkey
Moi?
 
IronMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 23rd, 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mang Nux View Post
Which is the best/latest patch for UT? I've seen a few, and now I'm confused as to which I should install...
You'll find most of the basic patches here:

http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Unre...ssential_Files

Unless you are running a server then the appropriate 436 patch is what you want (451 for a server only installation).

You might find this thread of interest.
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=160250
__________________
IronMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Sep 2010, 04:36 AM   #3
Mang Nux
Registered User
 
Mang Nux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep. 14th, 2010
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonkey View Post
You'll find most of the basic patches here:

http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Unre...ssential_Files

Unless you are running a server then the appropriate 436 patch is what you want (451 for a server only installation).
I was meaning the latest community patch, or does using one of those break online gameplay?

OMP-UT V0.2 patch and then add the OpenGL 3.6 renderer. Would that be the way to go?
Mang Nux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Sep 2010, 05:13 AM   #4
IronMonkey
Moi?
 
IronMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 23rd, 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mang Nux View Post
I was meaning the latest community patch, or does using one of those break online gameplay?

OMP-UT V0.2 patch and then add the OpenGL 3.6 renderer. Would that be the way to go?
Ahh. Sorry, I don't use the OMP patch for UT but I do use the OpenGL patch and it certainly doesn't cause a problem with online play for me. That said, I'm sure that there would be howling from the rooftops if the OMP patch caused a significant problem with online play.

The only scenario that I can think of the might be an issue is if some server is running a custom anti-cheat package that looks at the loaded DLLs but I quite often find that I'm not going to play on those because of the amount of non-standard rubbish that they try to download.
__________________
IronMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Sep 2010, 05:20 AM   #5
Mang Nux
Registered User
 
Mang Nux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep. 14th, 2010
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonkey View Post
Ahh. Sorry, I don't use the OMP patch for UT but I do use the OpenGL patch and it certainly doesn't cause a problem with online play for me. That said, I'm sure that there would be howling from the rooftops if the OMP patch caused a significant problem with online play.

The only scenario that I can think of the might be an issue is if some server is running a custom anti-cheat package that looks at the loaded DLLs but I quite often find that I'm not going to play on those because of the amount of non-standard rubbish that they try to download.
Why don't you use the OMP patch? ...I mean to say; is there any reason not to use it? (cause some problem?)
Mang Nux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Sep 2010, 05:24 AM   #6
IronMonkey
Moi?
 
IronMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 23rd, 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mang Nux View Post
Why don't you use the OMP patch? ...I mean to say; is there any reason not to use it? (cause some problem?)
Laziness.

I am unaware of any issue with the patch that should give you cause for concern but (as I noted) I don't use it so I'm not best placed to advise. I suspect that some Googling is in order...
__________________
IronMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Sep 2010, 05:28 AM   #7
Mang Nux
Registered User
 
Mang Nux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep. 14th, 2010
Posts: 103
I just wanted the OpenAL/Fmod audio drivers from the patch, that's why I install it (now I have to figure out which is better!).
Mang Nux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Sep 2010, 08:00 AM   #8
medor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar. 15th, 2009
Posts: 354
Why complicate the installation of new players?
Takes an optimized version.
You just have to change for the D3D9 if you do not like opengl.opengl is set by default.

V3 in my signature last day update 08/29/10 support here http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/f...ic.php?f=4&t=7
__________________



Files for UT99 utfiles All new releases and updates are listed here All news
Most popular is UnrealTournament-V3 With over 8800 visits to date.It is an optimized UT99 to download.
medor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Sep 2010, 10:30 AM   #9
GreatEmerald
Khnumhotep
 
GreatEmerald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 20th, 2008
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 4,026
Nope, no reason not to use OMP. Well, unless you really hate the green icon, but it's not really a huge problem now is it.
GreatEmerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Sep 2010, 06:12 PM   #10
Mang Nux
Registered User
 
Mang Nux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep. 14th, 2010
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmedor View Post
V3 in my signature last day update 08/29/10 support here http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/f...ic.php?f=4&t=7
Sorry? I don't quite understand. What is that V3 thing? It's about 300mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatEmerald View Post
Nope, no reason not to use OMP. Well, unless you really hate the green icon, but it's not really a huge problem now is it.
I don't have any green icon... Did I do something wrong?

Last edited by Mang Nux; 15th Sep 2010 at 07:05 PM.
Mang Nux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Sep 2010, 06:17 AM   #11
medor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar. 15th, 2009
Posts: 354
Official demo UT99 + Official patch 436nodelta + optimization +(WOTgreal Exporter v.3005,*XConsole v.3.4.1,*Acorp UTGM v.3F ,*Actor Class Browser True,*Ready ClanFlags,*Last renderer opengl35 and D3D9,*LauncherUT99HighPriority,*UnrealTournament.ini modified,*User.ini modified,*WarConfig ready*BT Browser,*Udemo33 etc...
__________________



Files for UT99 utfiles All new releases and updates are listed here All news
Most popular is UnrealTournament-V3 With over 8800 visits to date.It is an optimized UT99 to download.
medor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Sep 2010, 10:07 AM   #12
GreatEmerald
Khnumhotep
 
GreatEmerald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 20th, 2008
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 4,026
Or maybe it's only in the Unreal version. If so, then it's even better.
GreatEmerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Copyright ©1998 - 2012, BeyondUnreal, Inc.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
Bandwidth provided by AtomicGamer