Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > General Infiltration Discussion

Old 20th Jun 2010, 01:17 PM   #1
Chronic
unâuckwithable

Sound Files?

So INF is back up and running, and I'm definitely re-addicted, again. I need to get this thing working on an internet capable machine. I've definitely lost some of my skills, but I still remember all the maps, so the bots aren't kicking my ass too bad.

A couple of the sounds files in my package are messed up I think. The P90, AKMSU, and SAW don't make any sound when firing. I can hear the bots firing them, but they make no sound when I shoot 'em. It kinda takes them out of the game unfortunately, because who wants to shoot a gun that doesn't go bang? Anyone have this problem in the past and know of a fix?

-Chronic
Chronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2010, 04:48 PM   #2
zeep
:(

Have you tried removing the silencer from the loadout?

Sorry. That joke is so wrong on so many different levels. I should slap me.

Serious now, check for conflicting muties. Remove all, add one by one.
zeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2010, 05:16 PM   #3
Chronic
unâuckwithable

*SLAP*

hmmm...the only one on is for rolling M67s... could this be the culprit? Stay tuned...
Old 23rd Jun 2010, 12:50 AM   #4
Snakeye
Mk82HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeep View Post
Have you tried removing the silencer from the loadout?
I pronounce the Inf board officially dead - the use of the term silencer without an cry of outrage that the item is properly designated as suppressor is the official end of the inf boards.

Wait one..

IT'S CALLED SUPpRESSOR!

OK, back to the undead existence we had before.

And to pretend to contirbute to the actual topic: is it possible for you to get the inf files from another source and try to reinstalll Inf? Or perhaps one of the forum members might be able to upload the sound files?

'the elders tell of a young ball much like you. he bounced three meters in the air, then he bounced one point eight meters in the air, then he bounced four meters in the air. do I make myself clear?!'

'anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing'
Snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2010, 10:57 PM   #5
Chronic
unâuckwithable

I'm hoping on the later at this point. I took the mutties off and there's still no sound. The weapons affected are the SAW, AKMSU, Sig 550, and the P90. I would try reinstalling, but with an old cracked UT cd and a fickle old G3 computer, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it all back again. I barely got it working this time around.

If anyone knows which files are the sources of these sounds and would be willing to e-mail them, let me know. Especially the SAW. I love that freakin gun, but its not the same when it doesn't make any sound.
Old 30th Jun 2010, 01:46 AM   #6
Chronic
unâuckwithable

Alright! I finally got UT to start running on my OS X machine, and even managed to get INF to start running. Not only is it internet ready, but all of the sound problems are fixed. That ****ing SAW sounds like heaven raining lead. Right now I'm downloading the bonus pack to check out all the new toys Hit me up if anyone wants to get a game going.

Last edited by Chronic; 30th Jun 2010 at 01:50 AM.