Spawning goodies and baddies

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cammy

Nymphomaniac
Nov 24, 1999
Singapore
Visit site
Okay, let's say I've got this big room with a sheet brush somewhere in it, which you can walk through. Can I make the level spawn goodies and/or baddies (of my specification) everytime I walk through the brush? If so, how? Does it involve those spawnpoint things?

Also, is it possible to make baddies spawn goodies when they die? I don't seem to remember seeing them do that in the game.

Help, please? Thanx!

------------------
Creme du Cammy. For soft, tender skin.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
You're gonna have to read up on the CreatureFactories. This is to get the initial start up of victims.

http://unreal.epicgames.com/AI.htm

Obviously you'll want a trigger that activates the CreatureFactory.

If you want it to only spawn 1 creature each time you may want to set the property=>Advanced=>bNoDelete. Following the same theory as repeating breakable glass, it should work. If not, I'll send you a .45 and you can shoot me in the foot with it.

Having baddies spawn goodies when they die is just giving a baddy who's event equals a CreatureFactory.

Any questions, comments, or how to see through walls in HL? Ok, class dismissed! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

NarkyBark

Nov 25, 1999
Boston, MA, USA
www.clock.org
A factory sounds like the way to go, yes...
put a trigger where the sheet brush is. It will look like the brush is the cause.

I do believe there is a line in a baddie's stats where you can set them to drop something when they die, it's obvious if you read it (can you tell I don't remember offhand what it's called?) /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif