Help with mutators on server.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Turbo K

Turbo K
Feb 8, 2010
California
Please help me with this problem.
When I start a game on a server with custom weapons, any computer playing on it doesn't get them but the person playing on the server does.
I know that I loaded the mutators on correctly becasue they work fine for instant action.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Please help me with this problem.
When I start a game on a server with custom weapons, any computer playing on it doesn't get them but the person playing on the server does.
I know that I loaded the mutators on correctly becasue they work fine for instant action.

What do you mean? If you're starting a listen server, there there is one of two options:
1) The weapons package is not in your ServerPackages list in UT2004.ini. It must be there to be sent to clients.
2) The weapons package wasn't made with replication in mind. However, usually weapons at least appear for the clients that way, just don't work as expected.

Turbo K

Turbo K
Feb 8, 2010
California
I typed: ServerPackages=Arkon2004
ServerPackages=ArkonShields

in the default notepad in the System file.

I know the weapons were made for multiplayer use because I have played them
on the public online servers.

It still didn't work, so is the Default notepad the right one?

War_Master

May 27, 2005
The Default.ini should not be altered since it is just a back up in case the one used gets screwed up. The UT2004.ini is the one you need to write the ServerPackages of the mod you're hosting so other players can see its content being replicated to them, like the weapons being visible and all.

There's an option in mutators that forces them to be replicated to clients by automatically writing the ServerPackages of itself, but I guess the designer of that mod forgot to set it and now you'll have to do it manually.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
.ini is an extension. It shows the file type. If you disable it, you won't have any means of telling what you're working with - sound, text, graphics etc. if there are no programs assigned to that file type.
The sad thing is that Micro$oft has it off by default :( And they even hid the title bar in Win7 by default, do in Windows Explorer you have to press Alt, go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View.