News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > News & Articles

Old 11th Oct 2009, 11:08 PM   #1
Sir_Brizz
More Than Just Mad Skill

Hot Cakes on Rumor Mills! Mass Effect 2 On PS3?

According to some research over at Destructoid, Mass Effect 2 may be making its way to PS3 as well as PC and 360. Apparently the Australian and Russian EA portals are listing the game for that platform.

I have to ask, though. Considering the tight link between Mass Effect and its sequel, why would they bring just the second game to the PS3 unless they were also planning on bringing the first game to the PS3??

Liandri Archives - A veritable smorgasbord of information about the Unreal series
If Titanic taught me anything, it's to never let go until you're a frozen corpse staring hopelessly into a barren horizon.
Sir_Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2009, 02:33 AM   #2
Lruce Bee
Transcending to another level

I'm not complaining.
Great news indeed.

Edit:

Looks like it was in error - bummer.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/l4...tings-an-error

Last edited by Lruce Bee; 12th Oct 2009 at 03:43 AM.
Lruce Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2009, 06:04 AM   #3
RennyManJr
CHAINSAW HIM!!

So the PS3 still exist?

Incredible...
Old 12th Oct 2009, 03:42 PM   #4
Yoshiro

There have been several titles that I can think of that did the sequal hop to ps 3 without the original showing up (the one with ice and bugs, but sequel happens in a jungle...)

Pretty, What do we blow up first? - Myn Donos
Yoshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2009, 07:00 PM   #5
Sir_Brizz
More Than Just Mad Skill

Those games didn't have as tight of a link between them, though. Mass Effect 2 is going to use saves from the first game to determine events in the second game. If you don't have the first game, it will have to bog default events on you, making the game a little less interesting, IMO.

Is it possible and reasonable? Probably. Is it worthwhile? IMO, no.

Liandri Archives - A veritable smorgasbord of information about the Unreal series
If Titanic taught me anything, it's to never let go until you're a frozen corpse staring hopelessly into a barren horizon.
Sir_Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2009, 01:09 AM   #6
JaFO
bugs are features too ...

That all depends on how 'real' those effects between the games are, which is something we still don't know until release (and it's been dissected/tested).
Keep in mind that they already needed a 'default' as otherwise there'd be no way for new customers to start the series ...
JaFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2009, 12:07 PM   #7
-=WolverinE=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RennyManJr View Post
So the PS3 still exist?

Incredible...
Incredibly ignorant comment. The console is getting stronger every day and now that everyone wants Demon's Souls, the 360 owners are crying.
-=WolverinE=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2009, 12:51 PM   #8
dragonfliet
I write stuffs

I'm reminded of KOTOR 2, which didn't use gamesaves but managed to convey Revan the way that the player had played through their interactions. Anyways, since the game involves an entirely new crew and you only run into the people from the first game, I'm sure that the whole gamesave thing isn't really much of a deal. We'll see, but as soon as I saw they dropped the crew entirely I lost much hope for interesting interactive dynamics continuing from the first game.

~Jason

WW1 I think it was more like "Hey allies! We'll lend you a hand" and Europe was like, "Pfff, whatever. Okay, like stand over there and do stuff", and America was all like, "Oh really!? You mean it! Oh Boy!", and after awhile the European allies were like, "Hey they're actually not bad. Fair play to the Yanks" and the French Allies were like, "Oh wee wee, they held their own", and the Americans were like, "Hey, what did you say France?" and France was all like, "Nothing. Go **** yourself."
dragonfliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2009, 11:27 PM   #9
Abvex

Didn't a similar rumor surface before the launch of Gears of War and then Gears of War 2, then for Halo 3? and Bioshock (during 07)....my point is who cares....if the PS3 base want to comfort themselves in false hope that a AAA title would go multi-platfom....let them. It keeps the console war hormones going.

Last edited by Abvex; 14th Oct 2009 at 01:01 PM.
Abvex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2009, 12:12 PM   #10
UnixPimp

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=WolverinE=- View Post
Incredibly ignorant comment. The console is getting stronger every day and now that everyone wants Demon's Souls, the 360 owners are crying.
Never heard of Demon's Souls, so I do not want it.
UnixPimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2009, 12:28 PM   #11
Sjosz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Also an incredibly ignorant statement. Hardly everyone wants Demon's Souls. As much as people praise it for its difficulty and new way of communicating with players, it doesn't appeal to me at all, and I know plenty of people who couldn't care less despite being avid gamers.
Old 15th Oct 2009, 03:05 PM   #12
UBerserker
old EPIC GAMES

That Demon Souls or something appeared suddenly, and it looks like some kind of medieval-magic action game. Barely cool or interesting to me; I prefer NGS2. Or I would, since they ****ed up the difficulty, omitted various content and added some mediocre stuff.

/OT ends.
Old 15th Oct 2009, 03:54 PM   #13
nELsOn
bSnakeCastShadow = True

Quote:
Never heard of Demon's Souls before tbh, so I'm not crying, either.

Mass Effect 2 on PS3 - why not? Would probably be nice to see the first on PS3 too, then. And, damn, everytime I read stuff about Mass Effect I get the feeling I should finally play the first one

nelson's portfolio
nELsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2009, 07:36 AM   #14
-=WolverinE=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjosz View Post
Also an incredibly ignorant statement. Hardly everyone wants Demon's Souls. As much as people praise it for its difficulty and new way of communicating with players, it doesn't appeal to me at all, and I know plenty of people who couldn't care less despite being avid gamers.
It's not just difficult, but rewarding which translates into satisfaction long lost in todays games that present almost zero challenge, mainly because they were MADE to be casual. As far as how well known the game is/will be...well that's why you have reviews of critics and magazines, which by the way say it's one of the best games on the PS3. So in a conclusion, every PS3 owner should know about it already.

P.S. Being informed is not fanboy-ism, mr. anonymous.
Old 16th Oct 2009, 10:00 AM   #15
James007

Both consoles have games we Both want.
going into a rant about how which one is better is just retarded, both have some very interesting projects.

I will say, i do love using my PS3 for watching blu-rays as well as gaming and what have you.
James007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2009, 10:29 AM   #16
Sjosz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
It's not just difficult, but rewarding which translates into satisfaction long lost in todays games that present almost zero challenge, mainly because they were MADE to be casual. As far as how well known the game is/will be...well that's why you have reviews of critics and magazines, which by the way say it's one of the best games on the PS3. So in a conclusion, every PS3 owner should know about it already.

P.S. Being informed is not fanboy-ism, mr. anonymous.
Regardless, from reading a few reviews and from watching GiantBomb's Quick Look (which is a pretty good way to see what the actual games are about), the game did not appeal to me. Just because a bunch of critics for game magazines/websites reviews the game, doesn't mean that 'every PS3 owner' reads those things. It's great it's doing well in reviews, and I'm sure it's a great game in many respects; I just don't care about Demon's Souls.
Old 16th Oct 2009, 03:21 PM   #17
-=WolverinE=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by James007 View Post
Both consoles have games we Both want.
going into a rant about how which one is better is just retarded, both have some very interesting projects.
Didn't say anything about the 360 games did I? I was ticked by RennyManJr's post.

Sjosz, how about Yahtzee's reviews? Millions of views and lots of hatred there. I've seen what the forums are like as well. People with "f*ck this game, Yahtzee doesn't like it thus he opened my eyes" attitude. People read reviews regardless of what hardware they have, period.
Old 16th Oct 2009, 04:09 PM   #18
Sjosz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Didn't say anything about the 360 games did I? I was ticked by RennyManJr's post.

Sjosz, how about Yahtzee's reviews? Millions of views and lots of hatred there. I've seen what the forums are like as well. People with "f*ck this game, Yahtzee doesn't like it thus he opened my eyes" attitude. People read reviews regardless of what hardware they have, period.
I fail to see the correlation between millions of views for Yahtzee's form of entertainment and 'all PS3 owners should already know about Demon's Souls'. I stopped watching Yahtzee's stuff over half a year ago because it was getting stale, and wasn't overall that informative compared to the many reviews gaming sites put out there.

Sure, plenty of people watch his thing, but there's plenty of people who don't, as well.

Also, grabbing all the way back to your initial statement, tell me how it's funny that people have no access to a game because it's not multi-platform? I'd consider games being multi-platform a good thing. No skin off my nose though, since Demon's Souls does not interest me.

Tags
those are some fighting words, wolverine = fanboi