UT3 CBP3 Volume 4 V2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
So, due to the rush of MSUC phase 4 there were a few bugs with CBP3 Volume 4 that we couldn't ignore. We've fixed the major ones now, and we require some testing before actual release. Just a 5 min game on each with the "CBP3 Vol4 Pickups v2" mutator on, from a few people, would be enough!

I've uploaded it in a multi-part rar (near impossible to upload the whole thing in one piece on NZ internet :( ). If you have some time to have a play on the maps, and can open a rar, please post here and I'll PM you the links.

If you don't know what CBP is: http://cbp.beyondunreal.com

If there are no major bugs, then we'll release, and make the PS3 version from that.

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
I play lots of offline TDM, me vs. 7-10 Adept bots, and have become very sensitive to things like weapon placement and armor and ammo and health etc. If you're only looking to crush bugs and not feedback on inventory placement, I could do that too. I also play all the other major gametypes (except Betrayal) a fair bit.

I also have a big test coming up this Thursday, though, and don't have quite as much time as I'd like for UT between now and then, but tomorrow and especially Wednesday I could probably run through them all a couple times each if your timeframe isn't too narrow. If you don't need feedback until after Thursday, I can go over them much more thoroughly.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Luckily I'm not being throttled by Ihug at the moment so the download was no problem. That's for the pointer to the Firefox download plugin!

I've played through the v2 maps and there were no crashes or any bugs that were obvious enough for me to spot. I couldn't find the nightmare pickup on any of the v2 maps so I also tried some of the stock maps.

Some things I noticed, which I didn't think were bugs, are:

- The files unpack into Published/CustomMaps, etc., rather than Published/CookedPC/CustomMaps. I move them into Published/CookedPC/CustomMaps/cbp3 anyway, which is why I noticed they were in a different location.

- The shield belt on Velocity, which hangs from a swinging chain, is a shield belt and not a deflector. I'm using MapMixer, so I wondered if that might affect the mutator, but the deflector was appearing ok on other maps so I guess it's something about how the shield belt is implemented on that map? I like the map a lot, by the way, especially those things that swipe one off the side of the train while one is standing there wondering what the red lights are for.

- It seems like the deflector can be wiped off a person if it's shot at often enough. It seems intentional, but it was a surprise the first time it happened.

- It also seems like the deflected fire doesn't hit the shooter, although they get damaged if they happen to be near a wall, say, and a deflected rocket goes through them and splashes the wall.

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
Thanks! Yes I'm on Ihug/Vodafone too and it's been average lately... even though I'm on the "maximum" down/up plan :rolleyes:
- The files unpack into Published/CustomMaps, etc., rather than Published/CookedPC/CustomMaps. I move them into Published/CookedPC/CustomMaps/cbp3 anyway, which is why I noticed they were in a different location.
Are you referring to the v1 installer?
- The shield belt on Velocity, which hangs from a swinging chain, is a shield belt and not a deflector. I'm using MapMixer, so I wondered if that might affect the mutator, but the deflector was appearing ok on other maps so I guess it's something about how the shield belt is implemented on that map? I like the map a lot, by the way, especially those things that swipe one off the side of the train while one is standing there wondering what the red lights are for.
Yea this map is an exception. In v1, it broke the roflcopter pickup when using the replacement mutator (because, yea, it's a custom movable shield belt class). So in v2, it just stays the shield belt.
- It seems like the deflector can be wiped off a person if it's shot at often enough. It seems intentional, but it was a surprise the first time it happened.
Yup, it can take a 100 "hits" I believe (which is why it lasts longer to compensate).
- It also seems like the deflected fire doesn't hit the shooter, although they get damaged if they happen to be near a wall, say, and a deflected rocket goes through them and splashes the wall.
Apparently, some projectiles should damage and some won't. Flak shards, rockets, bio globs & shock balls should damage you I imagine... but I haven't tried it myself.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I'm finally trying out these maps. Apparently, my download from a few months ago was corrupted and some files (most) wouldn't unzip correctly. Here's what I noticed about the BU Fileworks mirrors lately for this file:

Atomic Gamer >> gives trojan detected (most likely false positive) using AntiVir
FileFront >> corrupted (not sure about ModDB or FilePlanet)
Gamer's Hell >> just goes to main page
Gameserver Network >> doesn't even come up; I think I remember that this site is actually down now from an announcement a few months ago.
GameWorld Network >> success! (all files are dated 10-22-09).:)

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
more good maps!

CDOM/DM-CBP3-Halcyon >> great atmosphere (sky, moons, sea, distant waterfalls/islands, foliage, ruins, lighting and shadows), bots don't seem to go for destroyed building control point, decent gameplay and bots not bad. I didn't notice the detail in the ceilings until I played the DM version.
CDOM/DM-CBP3-Saip >> also great atmosphere (waterfalls, rocks, reflections in water, fish, foliage, detailed textures/meshes on ship), I like the teleporters and weapon item/placement. This is a simple CDOM with two control points and the gameplay seems just OK for CDOM and DM; although, 1on1 DM can be good and fun. This map has some z-axis and the teleporters are lined up interestingly.
CDOM/DM-CBP3-Stronghold >> Not sure if I like the sky, but I like the foliage, falling leaves, architecture, torches, lighting and shadows. The rays of the sun don't change as the sky moves. This is a fun CDOM and DM map and the bots are good.
CDOM-CBP3-Velocity >> This is a cool and different map with two trains travelling side-by-side. You just better know the layout and the traps in this dark map.
CDOM/DM-CBP3-Yarith >> strangely different atmosphere (trees, birds, limestone stacks, torches, water, aqueducts, towers, fog, distant mountains, big flowers and a waterfall from nowhere). Bots can't defend too well in CDOM and are better in TDM.
CTF-CBP3-Antediluvian >> dark green Necris with wild purple sky, good gameplay, many paths but better know the map, bots are good.
WAR-CBP3-Midst >> Necris sky stuff, brick buildings, good lighting and shadows, moving foliage, rocks, water, dark, crazy points all in a line in this WAR map makes for tough gameplay.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
DDOM?

Any chance any of these CDOM maps will be recooked (or whatever else is needed) for the latest and last version 5 of UT3Dom? I've tried all of them as well as CDOM-CBP3-CollisionCourse and CDOM-CBP3-Enslaved with V5 and all 7 CDOM maps crash when trying to run in as DDOM map in Instant Action (offline mode).:eek:

EDIT: just to clarify, they're fine offline with CDOM, but crash offline with DDOM.:)

Last edited:

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
Should CDOM maps be playable for DDOM too? CDOM = 3 domination nodes, DDOM = 2 domination nodes. Unless I'm all wrong you either make a domination map for CDOM or DDOM, not both and since these CBP maps are clearly named CDOM they should only work for that gametype yeah?

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Seriously? Don't be a d*ck!:mad: I was just asking and if someone is willing to make them work for DDOM, then just STFU! Also, believe it or not, there is a map out there that is labeled as CDOM (it's CDOM-Contrast) and works for both.

Last edited:

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
Thrallala does have a point, they were deliberately named that way so that they wouldn't show up in the DDOM menu. However, I just want to recook them so they use Dom V5 anyway (the ps3 version has already been done).

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
Seriously? Don't be a d*ck!:mad: I was just asking and if someone is willing to make them work for DDOM, then just STFU! Also, believe it or not, there is a map out there that is labeled as CDOM and works for both.

What gave you the idea that I was being rude? :lol:

I was merely questioning your assumption of classic domination map working for double domination aswell

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
But they do show up in the DDOM menu, otherwise I would have never tried them with DDOM. Actually, I'm not even sure there is a way to prevent any of the CDOM, DDOM or VDOM maps from showing up in both menus as I was able to try all the maps I have including Sesmar and Babylon in both modes. Right now I can play the CBP3 CDOM maps offline with no problems, so anything beyond that would be a bonus.:)

AuroraExitosis

Oct 24, 2012
I've downloaded and installed all of the cbp3 content, only I'm having trouble installing volume 4. Even when I try to copy and paste the files directly to the appropriate folder I get this message:

"An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help on this problem.
Error 0x80004005 Unspecified error."

I have tried finding out more on how to fix the problem but I am having no luck whatsoever. Has anybody else had this problem and know how to fix it?