UE3 - UT3 Mover problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

trauma

Sep 13, 2009
I am currently redoing all my lifts with the meshes I want to have in the final version of my level and I have come across a problem that I haven't encounter before and I can;t find any threads about it on this forum.

I am trying to use the Necis elevator 3 mesh as my lift base and it requires me to rotate the mesh so that it looks proper. So I rotate my mesh and trigger the the mesh rotates back to its original position and then goes up.

I have checked numerous level in UT3 to see how they did this and have not found anything in other mover properties that look different than mine, and I know it is fixable cause many lifts are in different directions and go up just fine with out this problem in other levels.

So does anyone know the solution to this problem? any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
to fix this you unfotrunately have to delete your matinee sequence and redo it. (or change the keyframe rotations). i think when you add your mesh as mover (which you did with your placeholder mesh) the matinee somehow uses absolute coordinates and rotation and therefore rotates the mesh to what the old one was.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
to fix this you unfotrunately have to delete your matinee sequence and redo it. (or change the keyframe rotations). i think when you add your mesh as mover (which you did with your placeholder mesh) the matinee somehow uses absolute coordinates and rotation and therefore rotates the mesh to what the old one was.

Not true. Well not the best way to go about it anyway.

Just go into your kismet matinee and right click the movement trace and set it to relative (I'm not in the editor but Im sure its relative). This way your kismet will work on the lift where ever it no matter its placement or rotation.