Old 11th Jul 2009, 02:38 PM   #1
rejecht
Attention Micronians

DM-AnataWa [Final]

Final.

1. Name: DM-AnataWa
2. Version: 1
3. Compatibility: Unreal Tournament 2004 v3369

4. Description: "Multi-floor deathmatch experience.--An architectural tribute to the techno-Egyptian era. Features a healing pool, courtesy of Horus, and a sphere of noticable destructive powers."

4.1. Gameplay Tips

- Sphere Hall: Jump into the crystal to trigger the destructive powers of the sphere (seek cover quickly).
- Main Hall (Sliding Grate): Shoot the grate to make it open (it closes quickly).
- Wash your dirty face in the water--don't stay under for too long--actually, don't stay there.

5. Comments

Added a trigger: DamageRadius (embedded)
When triggered, it deals damage to xPawn actors within visual radius set in the properties.
Used in combination with rejechtONSMASCannonImplosionEffect.

Added an emitter: CoronaEmitter (embedded)
To have the corona (light) move, this was the easiest I could come up with that has bStatic = False.
It's attached to the crystal mover.

Added an emitter: rejechtONSMASCannonImplosionEffect (embedded)
To make the effect show up in network play when spawned through a ScriptedTrigger actor.

Unfortunately I couldn't get the bots to handle horizontal doors (the sliding grate), so they're at a slight tactical disadvantage there.

6. Screen shots

6.1. Sphere Hall

This image was resized using the screenshot tag.  Click to view the full version

6.2. Main Hall (Facing Iron Man)

This image was resized using the screenshot tag.  Click to view the full version

6.3. Bright Hall

7. Credits

7.1. Map and minor UnrealScripting.

A. Raymond 'rejecht' S.
rejecht@live.com

7.2. Music by The Orichalcon, bustatunez

The song is "Rare Square (Countdown)" and is part of a Final Fantasy VII remix album done by the OverClocked ReMix community.

Note to authors: The song was edited to shorten the beginning and ending to reduce the pause before it loops again.

7.3. Caution sign texture from photograph by Nick Miller.

http://www.cgtextures.com/texview.php?id=12412

Note to author: The borders were edited out.

7.4. Wind sound by daveincamas.

http://www.freesound.org/usersViewSingle.php?id=111413

8. Homepage

9. Download

http://www.filefront.com/14005385/DM-AnataWa.zip/

hf!
rejecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2009, 05:30 PM   #2
Creavion

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealEd
to automatically convert all xWeaponBases in a level to have this mesh, use the editor console command "NewPickupBases"

Or just delete the skins under display from those weaponbases. I hope next time you will not forget that.
But however, if I consider that even the pros do not care for this bug.

To your map: Some small points I want to mention: Please trim more!
And those huge brickwalls. You can easily add there some details like "some bricks are "looking out" of the wall", you could maybe see there some rocks behind there. Just some small details to make it look more interesting.

About the layout: Can not say there that much, I am not a layout pro. Only, try to avoid next time to huge cubic looking halls where the player walks nearly endless long corridors. Thats a little bit boring. You can make the gamplay more interesting through more differences in height and if you force the player to walk around corners and so, even if there is only one way.
CTF-UTR-Syntra (Standalone UTR Bonus Map)

Last edited by Creavion; 13th Jul 2009 at 05:32 PM.
Creavion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2009, 08:42 PM   #3
rejecht
Attention Micronians

Thanks for the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creavion View Post

Or just delete the skins under display from those weaponbases. I hope next time you will not forget that.
But however, if I consider that even the pros do not care for this bug.
aah What's the story behind this? I started with UT2004, and all I know is that there's the xWeaponBase and the NewWeaponBase, the last one which I've used in this map.

I see it's using Texture'XGameTextures.WildcardChargerTex', so that's the bug then?

Most people seem to play TAM anyway, which I'm all for, so they won't notice at least. I won't forget this in any future map, though. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
To your map: Some small points I want to mention: Please trim more!
I'm thinking about the floors in the main hall when you say trimming.
Or did you mean the walls/corners. Could you be more specific?

Quote:
And those huge brickwalls. You can easily add there some details like "some bricks are "looking out" of the wall", you could maybe see there some rocks behind there. Just some small details to make it look more interesting.
True. I have no good excuse. hehe I just came to a point where I wanted to finish the map after changing it--a lot, but I did some attempts at removing bricks from corners, mostly to help see players.

Quote:
About the layout: Can not say there that much, I am not a layout pro. Only, try to avoid next time to huge cubic looking halls where the player walks nearly endless long corridors. Thats a little bit boring. You can make the gamplay more interesting through more differences in height and if you force the player to walk around corners and so, even if there is only one way.
Yea, this map is floor oriented (352 UUs of height between each floor, with 32 UUs of room for the floors/ceilings), and I kind of trapped myself with having such a big main hall connecting all the areas, which made it difficult to zone off/optimize well, so I had to compact it more and more as I went along. There's always a constant war between what you want, and what works efficiently.. There are some different heights, though, but they're limited to the "Bright Hall" and "Sphere Hall" areas, so I acknowledge that it's a good idea. It just wasn't used everywhere, so players have to rely on lifts for the most part for getting between floors, or the crate if they feel like shield/impact jumping.

Sorry about the rant. :P
Old 14th Jul 2009, 02:35 AM   #4
Creavion

Epic has done bullsh1d and skinned the already skinned weaponbase by default. If you are using the UT2003 weaponbase it does not matter (UT2003 weaponbase uses extra UT2003 weaponbase skins so nothing happens, but if the UT2004 weaponbase uses UT2003 weaponbase skins you should understand that this happens)
Like I said. Either use the console command or delete those skins manual. Just do it.

Trims:
Thats the way you often handled trimming in your map.

But this looks much nicer, you can give your map with those trims already some more extra details.
Old 14th Jul 2009, 01:21 PM   #5
rejecht
Attention Micronians

Thumbs up

Correct.--I agree, and I am aware of it, and it would look more interesting. I'll give those types of decorations more weight in future maps, and, of course, correcting the weapon bases. Thanks.
Old 14th Jul 2009, 02:58 PM   #6
Creavion

No problem. ^^

Tags
dm-anatawa, epic and the stupid wrong textured weaponbase