NewsUnrealEdFilesModsFragBULiandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Why has Sarah Palin abandoned the Alaskan people?
To prepare to run for President. 7 14.00%
To cover up some yet undiscovered shenanigans in Alaska 6 12.00%
To join Fox news as a "Fair & Balanced" contributor. 3 6.00%
To breed an army of Disney character named, Jesus camp trained, doers of right. 15 30.00%
To mow down packs of wild wolves from a helicopter with an MG-42. 8 16.00%
To become Governor Mark Sanford's new soul mate. 2 4.00%
To begin her career as a community organizer. 2 4.00%
To devote more time to pal'n around with terrorist. 1 2.00%
Who knows, but somebody better start a Hannity suicide watch. 5 10.00%
To carpet bomb social networking sites with pure, unflitered Crazy. 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th Jul 2009, 01:44 PM   #61
KaiserWarrior
Flyin' High
 
KaiserWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug. 5th, 2008
Posts: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
I could do like you and make some up without giving any references

Here's a question: Does the fact that Obama appears to have outright lied during much of his campaign for President not bother you? (I'm not claiming that the same wouldn't have turned out true for McCain, by the way)

Here's a good one for you, with a source, not like it matters
Even though it happened (tail end of video on that one), I guess it's fine to just hope it's made up.

A presidential candidate lied on the campaign trail? Holy ****, breaking news here Brizz. This happens so often it's a dead-horse joke, Obama is no different. I've said as much on several occasions. He's a clod.

And while "bitter people clinging to their guns and religion" was a pretty hard rip, I don't equate

*people being bitter over the government's failure to help their communities explains things better than just calling them racists

with

*people hate the country or are unpatriotic or are not real americans because they don't vote for your party. Dissenters or protesters should worship us for fighting a war -- which has nothing to do with domestic free speech rights -- so that they have the right to protest that we give to them.

For reference, full text of his statement minus some irrelevant self-advertisement bits was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama
I think it’s fair to say that the places where we are going to have to do the most work are the places where people feel most cynical about government. The people are mis-appre…I think they’re misunderstanding why the demographics in our, in this contest have broken out as they are. Because everybody just ascribes it to ‘white working-class don’t wanna work — don’t wanna vote for the black guy.’ That’s…there were intimations of that in an article in the Sunday New York Times today – kind of implies that it’s sort of a race thing.

Here’s how it is: in a lot of these communities in big industrial states like Ohio and Pennsylvania, people have been beaten down so long, and they feel so betrayed by government, and when they hear a pitch that is premised on not being cynical about government, then a part of them just doesn’t buy it. And when it’s delivered by — it’s true that when it’s delivered by a 46-year-old black man named Barack Obama (laugher), then that adds another layer of skepticism (laughter).

But — so the questions you’re most likely to get about me, ‘Well, what is this guy going to do for me? What’s the concrete thing?’ <snip>Talking points about his tax cut for 95% spiel<snip>

But the truth is, is that, our challenge is to get people persuaded that we can make progress when there’s not evidence of that in their daily lives. You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. So it’s not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.
Paraphrased: We're going to have to work hard in areas where people are cynical about government. I think people are misunderstanding when they say it's a race thing and that these people just don't want to vote for the black guy. These people's communities have been hit hard, the government has lied to them and not helped them and -- while me being black does add a layer to it for some people -- when they hear somebody preaching a government solution, they don't buy it. Our challenge is to prove that our methods help in their everyday lives, which they haven't seen until now. They've gotten bitter and cling to guns and religion, etc.
KaiserWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2009, 01:55 PM   #62
Larkin
Gone
 
Larkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 4th, 2006
Posts: 1,984
The problem kaiser is he is generalizing and doing a bad job of it. You could say he is pretty much missing what is really going on and just explaining it with his personal views. Oh and I love how the snip is a lie.

Last edited by Larkin; 4th Jul 2009 at 01:59 PM.
Larkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2009, 02:24 PM   #63
KaiserWarrior
Flyin' High
 
KaiserWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug. 5th, 2008
Posts: 800
Talking points, spiel...


I guess you won't be pleased until it reads "DIRTY FILTHY COMMUNIST SOCIALIST FASCIST AMERICA-DESTROYING SPIN PROPAGANDA".
KaiserWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2009, 03:16 PM   #64
hal
Dictator
 
hal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 24th, 1998
Location: ------->
Posts: 21,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balton View Post
I just saw a small newssnippet on cnn where S.Palin boasted that in a actual endurance run she'd be better than Obama. Seriously, WTF?
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/...3221-0,00.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Palin
Our president, I'm told, is a runner. Would you ever run with him?
I would, absolutely. I would and people have asked if I'd ever challenge him to one-on-one because we both love basketball. But look, he towers over me and I wouldn't be complaining about an unfair advantage there, but maybe I'd do better playing H-O-R-S-E with him than one-on-one.

What about in a race? Could you beat the president?
I betcha I'd have more endurance. My one claim to fame in my own little internal running circle is a sub-four marathon. It wasn't necessarily a good running time, but it proves I have the endurance within me to at least gut it out and that is something. If you ever talk to my old coaches, they'd tell you, too. What I lacked in physical strength or skill I made up for in determination and endurance. So if it were a long race that required a lot of endurance, I'd win.
__________________
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2009, 03:39 PM   #65
Larkin
Gone
 
Larkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 4th, 2006
Posts: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserWarrior View Post
Talking points, spiel...
Haha, yeah exactly.

Quote:
I guess you won't be pleased until it reads "DIRTY FILTHY COMMUNIST SOCIALIST FASCIST AMERICA-DESTROYING SPIN PROPAGANDA".
haha, well..

If you think some of his practices are good for america then that is your view. If you think none of his views/actions are socialist or communist then so be it. Regardless some of them are and that isn't propaganda, but fact. I'm not sitting here saying he is socialist or communist, but some his views/actions fit. I also won't sit here and pretend that people don't abuse the word communist and socialist because allot of people on the right do.

Last edited by Larkin; 4th Jul 2009 at 03:48 PM. Reason: deleted my PROPAGANDA part. :p
Larkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2009, 04:12 PM   #66
tool
BuFs #1 mom
 
tool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct. 31st, 2001
Location: Up my ass
Posts: 13,367
I would only vote for Palin for president if her poisoned womb gives birth to another downs baby that she can use in the 2012 election to parade around for attention and sympathy like she does with her current downs baby.
tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2009, 06:55 PM   #67
Lizard Of Oz
Demented Avenger
 
Lizard Of Oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct. 25th, 1998
Location: In a cave & grooving with a Pict
Posts: 10,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
Some of us were right here. It's really hard to make an argument, though, that any of those people you mentioned were ridiculed as much as Palin (and to a slightly lesser extent, Hilary). Misogyny is still alive and well in America, and it's even P.C.
In my case it has absolutely nothing to do with Misogyny. I wouldn't hesitate to vote for H.Clinton.

But Palin... Palin is the embodiment of everything I hate about far right republicans/conservatives. Her brain-dead Bush/Beck/Hannity/Coultrer/Rush-like bible-thumping / war-mongering / Real-America™ drives me nuts. It has nothing to do with her sex...You betcha!
Lizard Of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2009, 11:16 PM   #68
dragonfliet
I write stuffs
 
dragonfliet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 24th, 2006
Posts: 3,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
It's really hard to make an argument, though, that any of those people you mentioned were ridiculed as much as Palin (and to a slightly lesser extent, Hilary). Misogyny is still alive and well in America, and it's even P.C.
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Li...y-open/656281/
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Prophet View Post

WW1 I think it was more like "Hey allies! We'll lend you a hand" and Europe was like, "Pfff, whatever. Okay, like stand over there and do stuff", and America was all like, "Oh really!? You mean it! Oh Boy!", and after awhile the European allies were like, "Hey they're actually not bad. Fair play to the Yanks" and the French Allies were like, "Oh wee wee, they held their own", and the Americans were like, "Hey, what did you say France?" and France was all like, "Nothing. Go **** yourself."
dragonfliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2009, 01:17 AM   #69
Sir_Brizz
More Than Just Mad Skill
 
Sir_Brizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 3rd, 2000
Location: >:3
Posts: 25,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserWarrior View Post
Even though it happened (tail end of video on that one), I guess it's fine to just hope it's made up.
I wasn't hoping it was made up, I knew it was real. I was just pointing out the futility of saying something without any references for supporting AND THEN asking for cited references to Obama doing the same thing. Your comparison of points is a nice strawman, since it attempts to say one form of demenaing condescension is "better than" another.
Quote:
A presidential candidate lied on the campaign trail? Holy ****, breaking news here Brizz. This happens so often it's a dead-horse joke, Obama is no different. I've said as much on several occasions. He's a clod.
Okay, so it doesn't bother you then
Quote:
And while "bitter people clinging to their guns and religion" was a pretty hard rip, I don't equate
I do, because it's the same form of condescending, demeaning talk regardless of who it's about or what was said. Plus, you missed the most important excerpt of Obama's speech completely:
Quote:
So it’s not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.
Just like during the campaign, he made this a matter of race (or even just "us vs. them" mentality) which is just as bad as what Palin said, really. It doesn't matter who he was talking to or what the context is, it's not a good thing to make an assumption about a group of people, apply it generally to that group of people, and then publicly state that assumption. We have a word for that, you know.
__________________
64 65 61 74 68 62 6f 6f 67 65 72 73 20 6d 6f 74 68 65 72 20 6f 66 20 63 6f 75 72 73 65

Liandri Archives - A veritable smorgasbord of information about the Unreal series
If Titanic taught me anything, it's to never let go until you're a frozen corpse staring hopelessly into a barren horizon.
Sir_Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2009, 01:18 AM   #70
Sir_Brizz
More Than Just Mad Skill
 
Sir_Brizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 3rd, 2000
Location: >:3
Posts: 25,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard Of Oz View Post
In my case it has absolutely nothing to do with Misogyny. I wouldn't hesitate to vote for H.Clinton.

But Palin... Palin is the embodiment of everything I hate about far right republicans/conservatives. Her brain-dead Bush/Beck/Hannity/Coultrer/Rush-like bible-thumping / war-mongering / Real-America™ drives me nuts. It has nothing to do with her sex...You betcha!
But... she's not even "far right"
__________________
64 65 61 74 68 62 6f 6f 67 65 72 73 20 6d 6f 74 68 65 72 20 6f 66 20 63 6f 75 72 73 65

Liandri Archives - A veritable smorgasbord of information about the Unreal series
If Titanic taught me anything, it's to never let go until you're a frozen corpse staring hopelessly into a barren horizon.
Sir_Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2009, 01:20 AM   #71
Plumb_Drumb
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar. 19th, 2002
Location: Denver Co. USA
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
Originally Posted by Sarah Palin
Our president, I'm told, is a runner. Would you ever run with him?
I would, absolutely. I would and people have asked if I'd ever challenge him to one-on-one because we both love basketball. But look, he towers over me and I wouldn't be complaining about an unfair advantage there, but maybe I'd do better playing H-O-R-S-E with him than one-on-one.

What about in a race? Could you beat the president?
I betcha I'd have more endurance. My one claim to fame in my own little internal running circle is a sub-four marathon. It wasn't necessarily a good running time, but it proves I have the endurance within me to at least gut it out and that is something. If you ever talk to my old coaches, they'd tell you, too. What I lacked in physical strength or skill I made up for in determination and endurance. So if it were a long race that required a lot of endurance, I'd win.
hehe, I don't think she really got it.
________
Club Royal Condominium Pattaya

Last edited by Plumb_Drumb; 28th Aug 2011 at 08:35 PM.
Plumb_Drumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2009, 02:18 AM   #72
Iron Archer
Holy ****ing King of Trolls
 
Iron Archer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar. 23rd, 2000
Location: Obamaland
Posts: 2,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks:SmirkingRevenge View Post

of course!
because everyone in this country who identifies with the Left is single, has no kids, and certainly none of them own their own business.
moron
Not everyone reacts to responsibility in the same way. Oh and nice name-calling. Did I strike a nerve? I see the people who "got" my statement knew exactly what I was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool View Post
I would only vote for Palin for president if her poisoned womb gives birth to another downs baby that she can use in the 2012 election to parade around for attention and sympathy like she does with her current downs baby.
Tool is just jealous because Sarah Palin doesn't lock the baby in the basement like his mom did to him for looking like a retard.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard Of Oz View Post
some of you need only look as far as your sigs
My sig isn't intended to be a joke. Obama is the next evolutionary step of socialism/marxism, based on what he's ushered in so far.
__________________
010100110110100101100111011011100110000101110100011101010111001001100101

Last edited by Iron Archer; 5th Jul 2009 at 02:29 AM.
Iron Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2009, 06:43 AM   #73
das_ben
Concerned.
 
das_ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 11th, 2000
Location: Teutonia
Posts: 5,883
Because every Sarah Palin thread needs it: PalinAsPresident.com. Bonus points for finding Emperor Palpatine!
__________________
- Ben. [Flickr] | [Blog] | [Tumblr]
das_ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2009, 10:19 AM   #74
dragonfliet
I write stuffs
 
dragonfliet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 24th, 2006
Posts: 3,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Archer View Post
My sig isn't intended to be a joke. Obama is the next evolutionary step of socialism/marxism, based on what he's ushered in so far.
Not only do you display a lack of knowledge of what socialism is, nor a historical idea of how these men used it, but you have also failed to understand that nearly every single European country is far more socialized than even the most ambitious social reform in the US.

But what do I know, I don't have children...

~Jason
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Prophet View Post

WW1 I think it was more like "Hey allies! We'll lend you a hand" and Europe was like, "Pfff, whatever. Okay, like stand over there and do stuff", and America was all like, "Oh really!? You mean it! Oh Boy!", and after awhile the European allies were like, "Hey they're actually not bad. Fair play to the Yanks" and the French Allies were like, "Oh wee wee, they held their own", and the Americans were like, "Hey, what did you say France?" and France was all like, "Nothing. Go **** yourself."
dragonfliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2009, 10:35 AM   #75
Mister_Prophet
.
 
Mister_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 3rd, 2001
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,592
I must say, you're all really good at pretending that you really care about this
Mister_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2009, 11:01 AM   #76
kiff
That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
 
kiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 19th, 2008
Location: Tx.
Posts: 3,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfliet View Post
nearly every single European country is far more socialized than even the most ambitious social reform in the US.
and that's why they only make cars and shamwows
kiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2009, 11:17 AM   #77
Lizard Of Oz
Demented Avenger
 
Lizard Of Oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct. 25th, 1998
Location: In a cave & grooving with a Pict
Posts: 10,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiff View Post
oh, but that doesn't count for palin. oops, wrong thread
Specifics?
Lizard Of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2009, 11:35 AM   #78
Crotale
_________________________ _______________
 
Crotale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 20th, 2008
Location: Anywhere But Here
Posts: 2,479
Who cares if she makes a run for the WH in 2012? Obama has it locked in unless either 1)he makes a royal flub along the way or 2)we get a Reaganesque front runner in the GOP, neither of which is likely. And Palin is no Reagan, and I'm not referencing her lack of a lizard neck.
Crotale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2009, 11:37 AM   #79
kiff
That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
 
kiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 19th, 2008
Location: Tx.
Posts: 3,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard Of Oz View Post
Specifics?
umm, all of the things she was accused of and were dismissed?
kiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2009, 11:51 AM   #80
Wormbo
 
 
Wormbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 4th, 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiff View Post
and that's why they only make cars and shamwows
Hey, at least some of "our" cars actually still sell.
__________________
Wormbo's UT/UT2004/UT3 mods | YouTube channel | PlanetJailbreak/JDN | Unreal Wiki | Liandri Archives
Everything you ever wanted to know about replication| UnrealScript security considerations
<elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
<TNSe> nono
<TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
<Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
<Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
Wormbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
boris palin, bristol single yet?, kaiserwarrior is mad at sarah palin, leave the room if you think this will offend you., lolitics, no only tags post in cowards, only cowards post in tags, sarah yeltsin, wtf where is palpatine, you mean palintine?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Copyright ©1998 - 2012, BeyondUnreal, Inc.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
Bandwidth provided by AtomicGamer