UE1 - UT Can you not have more than one rotating mover in a map??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chopin

Aug 23, 2005
Okay, after giving up on my last map due to an unsolved problem, I decided to start a new one:

flagz.jpg

The flag has a rotating ring around it, which has yaw, pitch, and roll, relatively fast, so it moves wildly all around the flag, and kills the player if the player touches the ring. So the player has to be tricky and jump through the ring and grab the flag and make it to the platform below without touching the ring.

Here's the thing that's pissing me off - there's a ring around the blue flag and a ring around the red flag, but the only one that shows up visible in game is whichever one is last on the BSP tree. If I set the red ring to "order > last" then it will render in game but the blue one will not. But I go back to the editor and set the blue ring to "order > last" it renders in game but not the red one!

Is this game engine really this ****ing worthless? All I want are two movers in my map, it's a simple map, just a subtracted cube, a sky box, some platforms, and two movers - not much to ask for, but this game engine can't even do that?

Chopin

Aug 23, 2005
Okay I resolved this on my own, just had to simplify the brush and make it out of editor shapes instead of imported brushes to lower the poly count. So the problem is that the game engine sucks.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Hey, it's UE1, so what do you expect? If you want better support for complex shapes, use UE2 or UE3 instead, where non-cylinder collision shapes don't require creating brushes.