Prometheus v2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Name: Prometheus
Version: 2
Compatibility: UT3 patch 2.1 or 2.0
Description: A single player coop mod. Work with your past and future selves to complete your objective.
Screenshot:

[screenshot]http://www.angelmapper.com/gamedev/ut3/prometheus/progress/Prometheus1.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://www.angelmapper.com/gamedev/ut3/prometheus/progress/Prometheus2.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://www.angelmapper.com/gamedev/ut3/prometheus/progress/Prometheus3.jpg[/screenshot]

Version 2 of Prometheus includes 10 awards that can be earned by playing through the game and completing certain objectives. Some of the awards that can be earned are:

PrometheusAward1.jpg

There Can Be Only One - Complete a level while killing your other quantum states.

PrometheusAward2.jpg

Obsessive Compulsive - Complete all Challenge Levels.

Version 2 also includes three Challenge Levels. The goal of the Challenge Levels is to collect all of the Prometheus icons, but they can only be picked up by the Quantum State with the same number.

PrometheusChallenge.jpg

Credits:

Prometheus is:

Rachel Cordone - Designer, Programmer, Environment Artist
Jos Hendriks - Level Designer, Environment Artist
Tobias Danbo - Environment Artist
Tobias Frank - Character Artist
Mike Jones - Audio Engineer
Todd Agnello - Voice Actor
Mark Chandler - Marketing and PR Advisor

Homepage: www.angelmapper.com
Download:

Fileplanet - Prometheus v2
MediaFire Mirror

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
Still haven't played the first one yet, but I'm sure these are both going to be fantastic judging by the reactions from others and the obviously high amount of effort you guys have put into the mod. I'll download as soon as a non-FP link is available! ;)

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
The plants at the top in the screenshot #2 look like they come from Unreal D:
Not a fan of the cliffs also, it makes it look like it's much more closed as a space/room whatever.

EDIT: Additional feedback:
The loading loop is a little weird. It seems it was designed to rotate slowly, but the logo does 1.5 rotations and then rotates the other way instantaneously only to start again.
Vault: "Try again" doesn't work.

I feared this mod had been halted, I am happy to see that it wasn't. :D Thank you.

Also, mirror on MediaFire.

Finally, icons for the shortcut.

Last edited:

NoTomorrow

{R$A}
Jan 20, 2008
NoWay
Thought the first one was very clever and i liked it, downloading now. This game allows me to kill myself again and again and still be alive lol.

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
Very nice to see that LD has improved a lot, will try it later, kudos to you guys

EDIT:
No wonder, you've got Jos now D:

Last edited:

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
The plants at the top in the screenshot #2 look like they come from Unreal D:
Not a fan of the cliffs also, it makes it look like it's much more closed as a space/room whatever.
Yeah, unfortunately I wasn't able to get a dedicated environment artist, so last month I ended up making a bunch of static meshes and materials myself that Sjosz used to decorate most of the levels. Tobias Danbo made the Prometheus Device and the Prometheus Ship though. If I didn't have to do the art as well the mod would have been more polished gameplay and code wise. Ah well, next release is in August! :D

EDIT: Additional feedback:
The loading loop is a little weird. It seems it was designed to rotate slowly, but the logo does 1.5 rotations and then rotates the other way instantaneously only to start again.
It's designed to mimic Prometheus, it rotates a few times then 'rewinds' back to the beginning and starts over. :)

Vault: "Try again" doesn't work.
Yeah, someone else found that bug last night too. I didn't test out Stop in the Epimetheus levels because there's no need to use it. I'll fix that though. Thanks. :) And thanks for the shortcut. I'm going to get it uploaded else where tonight and put up the links.

Last edited:

Fluorescence

Feb 19, 2009
Berkshire, England
awesome :) great work :p conceptually bares resemblance to a new game on miniclip called 'Chronotron' looks like you've inspired them xD not that it comes close to this amazing creation as its in 2d for starters..

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Some more feedback:

-Recorded actions sometimes do not play back appropriately. I don't know if it's related to the following issue or not, but many times I had to restart because one instance of myself would not perform the correct actions.
-Doors that activate when you approach them (without a button or a switch) can and will break very easily. It's the same issue plaguing all the same type of doors in Unreal 3 in general. Bazz can probably tell you more about it. There is no way to completely fix it, other than removing the doors completely.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
The clone inaccuracy is an ongoing problem, I'm going to try a few more methods to improve it, but I'm afraid that without engine access I won't be able to make them perfect. I'll sure try though. :)

I did notice a bit of wonkiness with the doors, I know the ones in Overload tend to close misaligned, and the one that leads to the courtyard in Breach sticks open a lot. I'll see if there's any way I can get them to work perfectly for the next release, if not I'll remove most of the unnecessary doors (ones not gameplay related). Thanks, keep the feedback coming! :D

Can I ask about specific instances where the clones were inaccurate, so I can use those to test any changes I make?

Last edited:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I noted the problem off the doors in Breach a lot more.
It was for the first quantum state, that has to go through both doors through the courtyard. Well these two doors seem to cause the most problems, particularly the first one.
When it bugged, the first instance of myself (FIOM from now on) would get stuck behind the first door. I would then attempt with the SIOM (second) to go ahead and open the door to snipe myself, and then the FIOM would instantly zip passed me, get stuck on the second door. I could then shoot it, but after in the TIOM (third) it would not play out well.

I'll see if I can get some stuff on video. It will be much simpler than explaining.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
MediaFire worked for me. Completed before I got past the FilePlanet line.

I like the mod, the maps, the character. Haven't had much time playing it thou. I will try to solve it later on.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
-Doors that activate when you approach them (without a button or a switch) can and will break very easily. It's the same issue plaguing all the same type of doors in Unreal 3 in general. Bazz can probably tell you more about it. There is no way to completely fix it, other than removing the doors completely.
I find it kinda funny that things that worked almost perfectly in 2k4 are so horribly borked in UT3
I know some movers/doors were easily broken in initial release of 2k4, but that got fixed real fast