News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Series > Unreal

Old 9th Apr 2009, 11:04 AM   #1
Leo(T.C.K.)

Aztec final

I made this conversion originally in 2007 for the UBerserker's beta description thread, however I didn't finish it and it was rather a raw conversion with few additional things and not fully rebuilt and optimised....
Now this is gonna change, I am releasing the final version of this deluxe conversion, troublemaking brushes were changed, no more swallowen geometry caused by different handling of semi solid brushes between the versions, as I changed the solidity of those and no more misalligned torches etc....all is made almost perfect now, plus several other nice features, read the readme for details. Coop is supported.
However I forgot to convert this for Unreal 225 (I did this on laptop) so you have to use Zora's converter http://zzora.altervista.org/MapConverter.zip

Esnips link for now, another mirror will follow soon (real one, thx de_zeurkous for uploading that one)

http://www.esnips.com/doc/adf578c6-4.../AztecLeoFinal

AztecLeoFinal.rar - new URL

Last edited by Leo(T.C.K.); 11th Dec 2012 at 10:41 AM.
Leo(T.C.K.) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2009, 11:22 AM   #2
UBerserker
old EPIC GAMES

Eff yeah. I'll write some comments after playing it.
Old 9th Apr 2009, 02:13 PM   #3
Leo(T.C.K.)

Added new link...anyway during last resave (it was not there the version before but I had to adjust one more trigger so) there can be temporary disappearance bugs on the pyramid mover, but that was always there. Most likely the BSP is now very stable and does not show homs anywhere (except a bit at the start passage what i found out now, but its only at one place and when you look back and its really tiny).
Old 9th Apr 2009, 02:19 PM   #4
UBerserker
old EPIC GAMES

I get an error when I enter the Chameleon area. I don't know if it is a BSP hole near the elevator or the Chameleon itself giving me the problems. Although the error log clearly mentions the Chameleon everywhere.
Old 9th Apr 2009, 02:59 PM   #5
jackrabbit

is this ezekeels map which utilized the chameleon? I'll try it out after classes..

>>>>>>>an unreal I fansite | udhq.gvolt.com<<<<<<<<
jackrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2009, 04:09 PM   #6
Diehard

Here is another downloadlink: COOP / Single Player Maps

As you can see i added it to the COOP/SinglePlayer downloads, unless you want to have it elsewhere? Its btw sitting on the very bottom of the page due to the script that needs to be re-written, since its sorting on "date added" , instead of alphabetical order......
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2009, 05:35 PM   #7
Leo(T.C.K.)

UBerserker: Use the chameleon file for UT....if you used the one included, then it will not work, because the model is incompatible....

Btw I received the complain about some antiviruses not liking the thing...I guess it is because an arhcive inside archive...I should have not added a separate archive I guess.

Jackrabbit: No, this has nothing to do with ezkeel (besides you mean scorpion and not chameleon), it is conversion from Unreal 97/98 beta...even if there are already conversions, they have broken geometry etc.

Diehard: Thx for that, btw do you have that deathmatch pack which I released during 2006?
http://www.esnips.com/doc/1d0c7d9e-e...dm97conversion
http://www.esnips.com/doc/39a2c461-4...ixedbotproblem - fixes crash problem on Tundra, but has invisible collision on tundra entrance, passable but still...oh and these maps are more like raw mostly unchanged conversions, except that waterzones are mostly replaced with new ones (shouldn't have done that though, I should have just adjusted the flash fog, it had different efect in beta and in final it makes zou blind though).

Plus also one converted UT beta map to Unreal:
http://www.esnips.com/doc/b10c168b-8...M-Beta-Liandri

Last edited by Leo(T.C.K.); 9th Apr 2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10th Apr 2009, 02:05 AM   #8
Creavion

Good work with the fixing. And I nearly thought I would be impossible to fix. After those many BSP deathes on the bridge inside the temple in earlier versions I didn`t feel like it to play the map again. Nevertheless one of the best unreal maps ever.
CTF-UTR-Syntra (Standalone UTR Bonus Map)
Creavion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2009, 04:46 AM   #9
UBerserker
old EPIC GAMES

Got the right Chameleon, can play it now. It's really awesome.
Old 10th Apr 2009, 06:03 AM   #10
Exus Tecius
like diamonds in the sky

wish i had unreal installed.how is the chameleon working ?
does it have a carcass when beeing killed/gibbed ?
Exus Tecius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2009, 06:06 AM   #11
Creavion

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBerserker View Post
Got the right Chameleon, can play it now. It's really awesome.
The right one? I had to kill those bastards in the editor in the wireframe mode not to let crash the editor and finally to be able to play the level.
CTF-UTR-Syntra (Standalone UTR Bonus Map)
Creavion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2009, 09:17 AM   #12
Leo(T.C.K.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creavion View Post
The right one? I had to kill those bastards in the editor in the wireframe mode not to let crash the editor and finally to be able to play the level.
You should use the one in the link provided in the readme (don't use the one in the "original file" folder).

And no, chameleon does not have a carcass as I didn't make it one, at original beta it didn't have one as well. It didn't have own gibs either, so it would look weird with pupae gubs or something.

Oh and if you are using 227e, you should wait for 227f which have beta model compatibility back.
The UT version is extracted model, but has some lighting bugs etc...is not that good as the original one.

Btw that bridge you are talking about, it is because both the bridge and the invisible brushes going through were both semi solid, I changed the bridge to solid and it worked much better...
Also I noticed the RTNP version got it the same way.

Thx btw.

Exus: You can use this in UT, only be sure to download the UT version of chameleon (links are in readme for download), otherwise it will crash you.

EDIT: Oh yes and the BSP was real hell to fix, btw it can crash you if you ghost at one place even now, so better not ghost too much around

Last edited by Leo(T.C.K.); 10th Apr 2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10th Apr 2009, 12:48 PM   #13
Freddie

Hi Leo,

I downloaded and installed this map in Unreal 1. It worked well, and it's a very nice map overall. But it's only one map! Will there be any follow-on?

I hate it when that happens.

Freddie
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2009, 12:58 PM   #14
UBerserker
old EPIC GAMES

There won't be any. It's a conversion from an original Unreal Beta. Click the Unreal Beta Guide link in my sig to know more.
Old 30th Apr 2009, 09:03 PM   #15
Leo(T.C.K.)

http://www.esnips.com/doc/c019fe2f-f...8/Aztec-Velora
http://www.xs4all.nl/~maribu/dump/le...tec-Velora.rar

I tried to merge some aspects of the RTNP version, note this one is a more of a test and proper level is the one uploaded before....also I added some ryspak stuff, that is spinners and firesliths....
Download:
http://paci.profitux.cz/Redeem-your-Space/Pakade.rar

Fix for UT:
http://paci.profitux.cz/Redeem-your-...ySPakUTFix.rar

Also it has real Burned type zoneinfos and effects, made more accurately to lavazones...

EDIT: Also I forgot to add another wooden holdings in front of that area with bridge and the pillars, but meh.

Code:
The merge of Aztec and Velora temple (the rtnp version) together...some changes here and there and I didn't add the wooden pillars and holders before the titan door area, in rtnp there is not the titan door but there are holders before and after, I copied however one of the holder later in the map....

Last edited by Leo(T.C.K.); 1st May 2009 at 11:30 AM.