|5th Mar 2009, 06:19 PM||#1|
Suggestions to Epic
I am happy with Titan pack and the patch, but still there are few suggestions I want to point out. Already I stated something in the other thread here, but waht I really want is that Epic makes these things optional and not removed:
- Flag showing above (aka visible flag), if you if you look really up.
- Weapons stay (I like the new system better, but really it should be optional and even selectable in the menu)
- Darkmatch system doesn't seem to work well on my laptop system, the glowing plyers should be amplified to be more visible at various detail settings or something.
- There should be custom gametype browser (yeah maybe I want too much but it worked in earlier patches when I selected for example ut3dom classic tdm etc, I could join all other custom servers not only running ut3dom)
That's like it....
Also...I think (not so sure now)there is still the bug when there is low fps or lots of lag, with the linkgun alternate fire stuck bug.
Last edited by Leo(T.C.K.); 5th Mar 2009 at 06:53 PM.
|5th Mar 2009, 07:27 PM||#3|
|5th Mar 2009, 07:42 PM||#4|
|5th Mar 2009, 07:50 PM||#5|
I don't get it... People bitched that skins were too dark in UT2, and now people are bitching that the skins are too bright?
Please tell me I'm missing something here.
"Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me', though, if you jumble it up" - Dr. Gregory House, House, M.D.
|5th Mar 2009, 08:02 PM||#6|
|5th Mar 2009, 08:06 PM||#7|
Anyway, more things to consider:
- Translocator, if you are running and launch it, sometimes it falls behind you and not in front of you...
- ctf-morbid has really awful bot support. Make them use translocator or something, or even move out when I open door for bots? They stand there like dumbasses.
Or even liftexits for jumpboots use etc (if that actor still exists or something simmilar).
|5th Mar 2009, 08:19 PM||#8|
agree on Morbid bot support; I tried to play greed on it and the bots mostly just sat there.
^click here to visit my dragons^ Canya put some bonus points in me drinkin' skill?
^ This is a really unique game, get it.
avatar (c)square enix
|5th Mar 2009, 08:29 PM||#9|
Join Date: May. 12th, 2008
My two most biggest rants with the new patch is.
1. Names above heads not being made optional
My suggestion : Make it optional...
2. The server browser's player count is now useless. The whole idea was to show how many human beings are playing not bots. It has just been done wrong.
+6/10 means nothing to me. How many actual players are on the server? It's impossible to tell. Bots should only used as temporary replacements.
My suggestion: Lets take the above example and say there are 2 players and 4 bots.
What you think?
|5th Mar 2009, 09:45 PM||#10|
One more thing:
- Mutator stays in the mutator list, yeah....but the game takes it as no mutator is in there.
- Localization. It was said it was fixed? Negative. The czech localization which I have is completelly screwed up, video options is full of nonsenses, then some gametype description nonsenses etc. Whoever did the czech localization must have been on drugs on something..I would to rather play the game without it....
Uhmm I am damn tired.....
|6th Mar 2009, 02:59 AM||#11|
|6th Mar 2009, 04:02 AM||#12|
those using the UI didnt say anything about the "back" button when the scoreboard at the end of game comes up... it still doesnt do anything and leaves you waiting for 30 secconds
Oh and Modders cannot cook titan content.. just crashes when you cook
Whatever beat that drives the impulse, whatever tune that
carries through, What's in a soul that rattles empty, in this
reality too few Dark Tranquillity
member since April 07 + 600 posts
CTF-Safeguard3, CTF-Dreary3, CTF-Stratus (V1.2), CTF-Pipeline(WIP)
My Rig: CPU:C2D-E8500, GPU:GF-250GTS, RAM:4GB 6800C4, HDD: 2x 150gb WD Raptor, CASE: Mini Gigibyte MX
Last edited by Bazzwano; 6th Mar 2009 at 04:11 AM.
|6th Mar 2009, 06:56 AM||#13|
|6th Mar 2009, 12:20 PM||#14|
There is something really bad about the mutators, half of time when I elect them they don't work.....
Anyone else having same problem?
The sound got messed up, I was in vctf-suspensenecris and i was underwater, while there exploded dead titan near me, it threw me away but ive heard cracking sound and then any sound ingame disappeared......
It still is off, maybe I should uncheck hardware OpenAL?
This is really strange and annoying problem...
Oh and btw other suggestion: If linkgun altfire now makes decals, wth does not make decal the projectile?
Anyway I was happy with UT3 before and I didn't really need this patch unlike others....it isn't the same and many things I liked are now gone or changed, most of these things should have been made optional.
Last edited by Leo(T.C.K.); 6th Mar 2009 at 12:43 PM.
|6th Mar 2009, 09:13 PM||#15|
The crash still remains and I can't go fullscreen.....
EDIT: Fixed it by changing ini settings.
This seems to be the source of problems:
Another suggestion: Make the weapons locker giving you weapons automatically optional as well.
- Fix the CrabonFire lift movers, obviously these are double movers, there is duplicated grey lift behing that one, that one was also seen stuck sometimes, well with new method of working not anymore but you can see the double lift sometimes still.
- Heard from someone that at war-confrontation is some spot where you can get suck and can't get out even with hoverboard.
Last edited by Leo(T.C.K.); 7th Mar 2009 at 01:33 PM.
|8th Mar 2009, 03:24 PM||#16|
Another problem (sorry for triple posts but I want this to be noticed):
- If at the old servers, the weaponstay works, but if you run over the pickup it disappears like the usual patch 2.0 behavior, like you would pick it up but you don't in fact, but it is client side only. It should stay there all the time, not disappear even if you dont really pick it up....
- the old enforcer bug rarely appears still it seems, screenshot provided by Vortexx-neo:
- as I said the localization changing messes the resolution and video settings for some reason, this is ingame bug obviously....¨
- be able to go to options when match starts and ends.....
- maybe even make the black menu and hud optional for players who want to change it to red one or to black one.....hmm?
- the linkgun bug I mentioned already, it happens when there is low FPS(try to make everything max if you dont get so low fps and also on not so strong computer), the linkgun altfire sound becomes stuck and looping, happens mostly with bots when they use it.
That should be all, after this UT3 would be perfect if this is solved really.
Last edited by Leo(T.C.K.); 8th Mar 2009 at 03:40 PM.
|8th Mar 2009, 03:44 PM||#17|
The characters are bright enough, the lolipop stick effect by-range is just plain awful.
|8th Mar 2009, 04:44 PM||#18|
- While playing on the old server with invasion mod on, when I respawned I stayed in third person mode and couldn't switch back to first person.
After second respawned it was ok, but..... it happened more times too
- at conversation screen are logged even commands I execute ingame, like behindview and are not seen that someone left the game etc in console....
Last edited by Leo(T.C.K.); 8th Mar 2009 at 05:05 PM.
|8th Mar 2009, 05:04 PM||#19|
There are a few minor bugs like that, but that's really not critical. I've seen only three bugs so far: 1) The game hangs up randomly while loading maps, but I've seen a thread about fixing it, though I don't see how to turn off OpenAL now... 2) On VCTF-Sandstorm my character rode a hoverboard but displayed upside down. 3) On VCTF-Suspense_Necris my character in third person was the DemoGuy, while in the first he still was my character.
GreatEmerald's Domain (my website)
|8th Mar 2009, 05:13 PM||#20|
These are not minor bugs, some of them are new in this patch and some of them are old ones...this thread is serious for Epic to notice it. I believe they "fixed" a lot of unnecessary things or changed...
|omg epic betrayed us|