News • UnrealEd • Files • Mods • FragBU • Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Unreal Development > Mapping

Old 18th Jan 2009, 06:37 PM   #1
sebas1111

Question Disabling team colors in UT2004. Can be done?

Hi all, I have this cuestion because I donīt really like a lot the color configuration on the models when team playing. Since this canīt be modified in the settings menu, I guess that somewhere will be some .cfg o whatever kind of file that I can modify, some codes I can change to make the game load the normal-painted models for team-play-games instead of the blue and red models.

And please, be nice if my english insīt that good. I just donīt speak it well but do my best.
sebas1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jan 2009, 09:29 PM   #2
meowcat
i am a rock, i am an island

Yes it can be done, but it is very 'messy' and may require redoing a lot of artwork and code. The CTF4 team (I think) was able to add additional teams/colors but I think they ended up having to redo a lot of art work.

Most (if not all) of the player model team skins colors are baked into the textures, there are no configuration setting to change that. Also, the GUI color scheme is hard coded (to some extent) into numerous classes and game objects and is not easily modifiable without subclassing/rewriting lots of code and/or default properties (HUDs for each gametype for instance). Through uscript/game mods you could turn off the use of team skins for player models. You would probably have to turn bNoTeamSkins to true in the GameReplicationInfo class, though it might not replicate well to clients (only replicated initially I believe). That variable is used in the SpeciesType class function SetTeamSkin to determine whether or not to assign a the colored team skin to a player model.
TD Vehicles v125: HMMWV, MI4Hound, Black Hawk & AH-6 Helicopters, Motorcycle, IFAV Jeep, Abrams Tank
Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Last edited by meowcat; 18th Jan 2009 at 09:32 PM.
meowcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2009, 11:57 AM   #3
sebas1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowcat View Post
Yes it can be done, but it is very 'messy' and may require redoing a lot of artwork and code. The CTF4 team (I think) was able to add additional teams/colors but I think they ended up having to redo a lot of art work.

Most (if not all) of the player model team skins colors are baked into the textures, there are no configuration setting to change that. Also, the GUI color scheme is hard coded (to some extent) into numerous classes and game objects and is not easily modifiable without subclassing/rewriting lots of code and/or default properties (HUDs for each gametype for instance). Through uscript/game mods you could turn off the use of team skins for player models. You would probably have to turn bNoTeamSkins to true in the GameReplicationInfo class, though it might not replicate well to clients (only replicated initially I believe). That variable is used in the SpeciesType class function SetTeamSkin to determine whether or not to assign a the colored team skin to a player model.
Well, thanks for the answer, I appreciate it, but I didnīt understand a thing
Old 20th Jan 2009, 11:58 AM   #4
sebas1111

I mean, in the programing stuff and all of that.

Tags
change, i donīt speak english, modding, team colors, wowowo