Saturday TDM/DTAS Revival

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
Hi I wish I could try and play online but my wifi is of bad quality and I also have a problem with my dualcore speed and UT

I will try to fix it one day

happy fighting everyone!

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
no It´s me who made that camo, Don showed me a pic long time ago on a Santa with open robe with some abs and asked "So when are gonna me My camo!?" .... um .. well so I did :p

donsxmascamo.jpg

Last edited:

MightyTuX[JgKdo]

Jan 21, 2003
Visit site
Hi I wish I could try and play online but my wifi is of bad quality and I also have a problem with my dualcore speed and UT

I will try to fix it one day

happy fighting everyone!

Don, are you playin on Linux box?

i had the same problem: this fixed it for me :)

http://icculus.org/lgfaq/files/ut

Just replace this file with the UT start-script in UT Base dir, normally /usr/bin/games/ut/

feel free to conatct me if you have any questions about it:

JID: coffeinflash@jabber.ccc.de

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
I do'nt have a duo core so I don't know what I'm talkign about lol.

But for Duo Cores, UT's speed check gets borked so one solution is to set your PC to use only 1 of the duo cores (is that possible?).

How you do this i"m not sure. I found out while looking into why my laptop has speed problems. In my case, the Processor's speed fluctuates according to how much processor speed is being used so if you boot INF with nothing going on, the speed check when you boot UT registers a slowed down or sped up processor and once the game kicks into full swing and you processor speed stabilizes, the game is at a weird speed and framerate.

The Duo Core problem has the same root cause but different effects.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
But for Duo Cores, UT's speed check gets borked so one solution is to set your PC to use only 1 of the duo cores (is that possible?).

On Windows: Absolutely (Don't know for Linux, but if Microsoft could do it, Linux probably could years ago :D). You can assign the cores in the Task Manager and there are even programs that can permanently assign .exe-files to a certain core.

How you do this i"m not sure. I found out while looking into why my laptop has speed problems. In my case, the Processor's speed fluctuates according to how much processor speed is being used so if you boot INF with nothing going on, the speed check when you boot UT registers a slowed down or sped up processor and once the game kicks into full swing and you processor speed stabilizes, the game is at a weird speed and framerate.

Again (for Windows for sure) there are tools which allow the user to set their CPUs to a constant speed. I personally use RightMark CPU Clock Utility; I initially downloaded it to reduce CPU voltage (and hence run cooler) but found out on the way it also can fix a certain CPU speed, which makes it a real neat tool for inf.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
ok you got me im downloading the ce pack again, thanks for the technical help ill be trying this

hey roadstroker this camo is cool

and I have to download ut since my copy is long time gone

I still have my original INF 2.9 dvd thought
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Last edited: