Remote Parties of Restarted the Matchmaking Process

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Scuzzbuster

It's Crunchy. It's Nice.
Jan 28, 2001
Indiana, USA
www.deviantknowledge.com
"Remote Parties have Restarted the Matchmaking Process"

Well, this is a pretty big issue on the Epic and XBOX forums, but online play is almost impossible for some of us. Just wondering how many of you are having the matchmaking issues. I've been able to play 1 online match that wasn't an invite. Once you start the process it tries to match you up for about a minute then flips back to "remote parties have restarted the matchmaking process" over and over

Yes, NAT is open. Yes, the routers is open. Yes, all other games including GEARS1 work fine online. I just caught today that Epic has acknowledged this in their FAQs:

"Q: Slow Matchmaking – Why does it take so long for matchmaking to find me a game?
A: This is an issue that’s affecting some folks, and Epic and Microsoft are both looking into it. I'll let you know more details as I have them. In the mean time, try to go back to the dashboard and use it to test the network connection. Re-sign in to see if you have better results. This has worked for some people for the time being."

The first match I got into was after a 16 minute wait. One other time after about 20 minutes it "matched" me with teammates then I waited fruitlessly for another 15 minutes while it was trying to find "an opposing team of similar skill"

I tell you, this is driving me up the wall. I played through the Gears1 campaign twice, but I played it online regulary for about 6-8 months. If I can't get online it's a sell-back eventually. Honestly though, the campaign is light years ahead of GEARS 1, I will give it that. It's a damned fun game.

Last edited:

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
It's hit and miss for me. Sometimes it takes under 2 minutes to start a match, sometimes over 30 minutes. I don't think it's affecting "some folks" considering every single person I've talked to has the problem.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Finding a game isn't so long. What is worser is how I sometimes end up playing with a 600 PING host. I tell you, matchmaking is ****ing useless. I had a couple of games on private parties, it was a blast, lag/kiddies free too. Just for fun and madness. :D

You just need the right players to play with.

Scuzzbuster

It's Crunchy. It's Nice.
Jan 28, 2001
Indiana, USA
www.deviantknowledge.com
Finding a game isn't so long. What is worser is how I sometimes end up playing with a 600 PING host. I tell you, matchmaking is ****ing useless. I had a couple of games on private parties, it was a blast, lag/kiddies free too. Just for fun and madness. :D

You just need the right players to play with.

I've played two matches online. One I connected to after 16 minutes (on the third day of ownership and many many attempts) and the other was a friend invite. I've left and let it sit for well over 30 minutes many times now with no luck. Online play is simply just not an option. My connection in both matches were good. I'd LOVE to comment on the quality of the netcode and pings, but I can't tell crap at this point. I have a full time job, so I can't waste two or three hours of gaming just doing matchmaking.

I know some people are slow, but still can get into a game because I see people in the Epic Forums bitching and moaning about how they've ruined the series with weapons changes (Flashbacks to the release of UT2004, UT2004, UT3...etc, UT fans?). Honestly, it makes me sick to see the whining...5 years in with the UT community just gives me a headache to see the same bitching from the Gears crowd. Nothing is EVER good enough, every sequel to every game ever made SUCKS.

I'd love to be able to play online though. That DOES suck.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
What they need is rather than having this match making crap, they'd use a modified version of the first Gears game-finder. Minus the host thing (Host gets randomly picked up by the game)