News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games

Old 27th Dec 2008, 02:13 AM   #521
Fuzzle
spam noob

It's not released yet, but you can still do some limited modding.
Old 27th Dec 2008, 02:13 AM   #522
cooloola
A good samaritan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantham View Post
It is already releaaaased.
I've seen people make custom ones.

http://www.l4dmaps.com/
Well isn't it supposed to appear in the game list then? Pardon my ignorance I've never modded a source game so I'm a newb in that area. I've tried googling it and I've seen nothing from Valve just forum posts of people asking the same question.
Old 27th Dec 2008, 02:24 AM   #523
Kantham
Fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzle View Post
It's not released yet, but you can still do some limited modding.
That would explain the terrible lack of custom levels. I still don't get how they can get the content. I suppose it's very limited, or that they spawned them while in game trough console commands. Yeah.

Also hal, I'll get working on the Sniper, but I tend not to trust it because of lag.

Last edited by Kantham; 27th Dec 2008 at 02:26 AM.
Kantham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Dec 2008, 03:40 AM   #524
cooloola
A good samaritan

Quote:
That would explain the terrible lack of custom levels. I still don't get how they can get the content. I suppose it's very limited, or that they spawned them while in game trough console commands. Yeah.
My theory is they're not gonna release it before they relase the two other versus campaigns. Because if they do someone's gonna release botched versus versions of the campaigns and that's something they probably don't want. Goddamn it, I'm too smart.
Old 27th Dec 2008, 04:46 AM   #525
KaL976
*nubcake*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilkman View Post
I tried again to do what that guy did; run through Dead Air expert solo. I was able to make it to chp 3 where you run through the construction yard then the power plant and across the walk way into the airport.

Ugh! Talk about frustrating. I again reaffirm my position that it is purely luck if you make it.
As I pointed out earlier it says in the credits he restarted 29 times.

I tried to do No Mercy on Expert with the bots. It wasn't that hard to get to the finale [took a couple of hours] but I restarted the finale around 20 times & still got no further than the start of the 2nd tank.

The Director knows how to be a lil bitch too. Arrived at the radio only to find no pipe bombs or molatovs anywhere on the level plenty of times. *sigh*

Also annoying that all that work counts for nothing as there's no way to save your progress & try again later.
Old 27th Dec 2008, 10:24 AM   #526
Rambowjo
Das Protoss

About the custom levels deal, until the SDK was released for Portal, most people just started custom maps by throwing them into the maps folder and then launching it with a console command. The same thing can be done here.
Old 27th Dec 2008, 10:48 AM   #527
KaL976
*nubcake*

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=Je3wNU...ie.aspx?id=345

Old 27th Dec 2008, 10:57 AM   #528
Jackal
Crapass

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaL976 View Post
Holly **** that was brilliant. Should of used the game sounds of the zombie for that zombie guy though.
Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Dec 2008, 02:14 PM   #529
ilkman
The Outcast God

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaL976 View Post
As I pointed out earlier it says in the credits he restarted 29 times.

I tried to do No Mercy on Expert with the bots. It wasn't that hard to get to the finale [took a couple of hours] but I restarted the finale around 20 times & still got no further than the start of the 2nd tank.

The Director knows how to be a lil bitch too. Arrived at the radio only to find no pipe bombs or molatovs anywhere on the level plenty of times. *sigh*

Also annoying that all that work counts for nothing as there's no way to save your progress & try again later.
Restarting the campaign, or just a specific chapter? I've restarted a few times myself.

I wonder if you choose to start at just a specific chapter will it count towards completing the campaign. I'm thinking no.

I don't like the idea of restarting simply because it was hard enough getting to chp 3, having to restart and do it all over again would be terrible.
Old 27th Dec 2008, 03:02 PM   #530
KaL976
*nubcake*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilkman View Post
Restarting the campaign, or just a specific chapter? I've restarted a few times myself.

I wonder if you choose to start at just a specific chapter will it count towards completing the campaign. I'm thinking no.

I don't like the idea of restarting simply because it was hard enough getting to chp 3, having to restart and do it all over again would be terrible.
Indeed, you have to do it in one game; although you can obviously pause it at any point for as long as you like & tab out to do other things, etc.

You don't have to start over, you just restart that stage. He restarted 29 times & total game time was 2 hours 2 minutes so his 15.41 minute 'speedrun' has 1 hour 46 ish minutes of retries edited out.

It's still impressive but it's not really a proper speedrun as to me at least that implies one go, no deaths, no edits.
Old 27th Dec 2008, 04:42 PM   #531
SleepyHe4d

Got the game, been playing quick matches online to get used to it, now that I am can I get an invite to the BuF group so I can maybe play with some of y'all?
SleepyHe4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Dec 2008, 04:54 PM   #532
KaL976
*nubcake*

duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyHe4d View Post
Got the game, been playing quick matches online to get used to it, now that I am can I get an invite to the BuF group so I can maybe play with some of y'all?
Unable to find SleepyHe4d
Old 27th Dec 2008, 05:00 PM   #533
Al
We Do Not Sow

Hunter skillz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuCgd...t4dead411.com/

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3uvOeE8N3U

Last edited by Al; 27th Dec 2008 at 05:03 PM.
Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Dec 2008, 05:13 PM   #534
slime73

BeyondUnreal group? I'm not really part of the BU community, but being part of an ingame group is always nice. >.>
Old 27th Dec 2008, 05:14 PM   #535
Kantham
Fool.

More like Hunter Mortar.

Also, am I the only one who think the standard infected should deliver a little more damage in Versus?
Old 27th Dec 2008, 05:29 PM   #536
SirYawnalot
Slapping myself in the face

Quote:
More like Hunter Mortar.

Also, am I the only one who think the standard infected should deliver a little more damage in Versus?
I definitely think they should do more damage, but only when they've been attracted by Boomer bile (in other words, give the standard Infected a damage boost vs pink players). This gives the Boomer the ability to actually deliver damage itself, rather than just disorienting the players for a brief period, but keeps the regular AI zombies only useful for slowing the Survivors.

Also, I think Smoker should deal far more damage with all of its attacks.

Last edited by SirYawnalot; 27th Dec 2008 at 05:31 PM.
SirYawnalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2008, 12:24 AM   #537
Fuzzle
spam noob

Meh, that's why I'm against expert versus servers. It should be about players vs players, not regular infected + players vs players.

Regular infected are used to slow the survivors down or outright keep them in an area, and you can hide amongst them while clawing as a hunter without being noticed. They do that job fine currently.

I also feel smoker is fine, but it's what requires the most coordination from the infected side to be of any use. I feel it's the class with the highest skill ceiling, and the only one that's useful against a really well organized team.
Old 28th Dec 2008, 02:05 AM   #538
ilkman
The Outcast God

A fun little physics glitch involving the gatling gun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AdsLTRWEdE
Old 28th Dec 2008, 03:26 AM   #539
Kantham
Fool.

I have a concern with this game for Versus.

The best way for me to get in a game is to get in a game lobby. Otherwise I mostly join a team who's getting raped and all I can see is a Hunter over me with the whole team apart of it. FUN! Then I stay in the game and I realize I'm teamed with a bunch of 12 years old full of themselves who just got this game versus a bunch of elites who actually play together as a team.

Screw this. Anyway to get right to the point, I'm bored of the lack of maps, and how every ****ing time the game start we start at the beginning of the chapter. It's getting boring and repetitive when there's a lot more to this game.

The way to solve this would be a random act pick or something. And of course more acts and ETC. We don't give a damn about campaign start in Versus, we just want to play, survive/hunt.

Last edited by Kantham; 28th Dec 2008 at 03:29 AM.
Kantham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2008, 04:38 AM   #540
ne_skaju
Eff yeah!

Even with gimmicks of lobby, i like to play all the time with random people,and find good team players to add them to friend list.
I only start play next campaign (and Versus) after completing previous, to not spoil all the fun (while writing these lines, I'm in 2nd campaign).

Tags
anime girl says she's scared of zombies, bill, braaains.. lack of., game of the year, go go operation: get behind louis, grabbin' peels, haarg will leave you 4 dead, i hate stairs, i hate the water, i left 4 bread, kantham is mad at video games, l5d, left 4 a better game. jk!, left 4 demoguy, left 4 dildo, left fore play, oh my god i hate canada so much, right 2 live, right 4 living, tag writer is mad at kantham :(, the fantastic 4 dead, you ordered a tank of fail?, zoe, [22:08] <@sir_brizz> [ci]zer0 stop slob