UT3 CTF-LTC_Zeus (Pics, Download)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LtClifff

Feb 26, 2008
Name: CTF-LTC_Zeus

Version: 0.3 (UPDATED)
Compatibility: ut3 patch 1.3

Description:
The Zeus Research facility, one night many years ago everyone working here mysteriously dissapeared. It is unkown what went on here. Although explorers found the entrance, no one could figure out how to get into the lab itself. Eventually people lost interest. Seizing the opportunity, the tournament swept in and claimed the research facility as their next arena. Even today - 300 years on - combatants claim they can hear the sounds of machinery down below...

Comments:
Okay Guys! This is the fourth map I have released to the community! It has been made mostly using BSP. The map is very small and frantic so i would not reccomend more than 8 players! I feel that the map has a unique and origional style. though the closest is probably genesis by Genthly.

When i set out to make this map, I wanted something that looked good, played well and with little lag (what everyone hopes for :D). And when I looked at the Holp mappack i got inspired! though not exactly oldschool this map follows a similair trend to the style of those maps.

I hope you like the screens! (NEW)

Screenshot:

MyMap6Pic.jpg

MyMap6Pic1-1.jpg

MyMap6Pic1.jpg

Credits: Me, Epic games
Homepage: N/A

Download: (NEW)
PC:http://files.filefront.com/CTF+LTC+Zeuszip/;11792147;/fileinfo.html
PS3:http://files.filefront.com/CTF+LTC+ZeusPS3zip/;11792148;/fileinfo.html

Enjoy Playing and dont forget to tell me what you think! :cool:

Last edited:

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Downloaded and played it for a bit.

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed. I really like the clean look of it and the teamcoloured windows are a nice way of keeping things very clear.

However, I was hoping for a proper layout seeing as you suggested not using more than 10 players. With the layout you have I wouldn't recommend anything more than 4 players, at least if it's not going to become a complete spamfest.

One single route to the flag and 2 short and completely straight (campable) routes from side to side, which can be held down by the guy spawning at the shock. Add in that there only seems to be the flak cannon and the shock rifle in the map and it almost seems as if you were going for a pure spamfest map.

Is there a way to persuade you to attempt making a proper layout with multiple routes and no obvious spawnrooms/camp spots? The visual setting has potential but the layout is too simple to really be very playable IMO. :)

LtClifff

Feb 26, 2008
yeah... I suppose different people prefer different play styles. I will probably be using this theme in my next map, so maybe you will enjoy that more.

I may try moving the shock rooms a bit to the side, as that would prevent easy camping, if you have anyhing else that you think would make this more enjoyable to you please say.

I dissagree with you on the fact that it is not very playable, as i have had many people say the exact opposite. I think that is just personal preferance.

Anyway, im sorry you did not enjoy the map as much as i would have hoped.

LtClifff

Feb 26, 2008
OKAY DOKAY GUYS BETA 2 IS NOW UP!!! No new pics yet

Changes include:
Added lighting in corridors
moved trees to the centre of each courtyard (provides more cover from shock rifles)
Added some decorative beams
added another flower pot thing! (more cover)
added a few decorative trims
added preview screen (will be changed when final only)

However I have not added any new screens! So the ones on the main page are not of the new version

LtClifff

Feb 26, 2008
BETA 3 GUYS! Would like some feedback on this version.

Changes include:
added nice misty Heigtfog
altered lighting here and there
added machinery and wind sounds (have to listen though)
a bit of optimizing
and a few other minute details...

I hope you enjoy the newer version! (Have new pics this time) I expect this will be amde final soon as there is not anything I can think of to change (though please still give me feedback)

Next map should be in the works soon!