|23rd Aug 2008, 01:54 PM||#1|
DM-Oblivion]|[ Final Release (PC only for now)
Compatibility: Tested on Patch 1.3 for PC.
Recommended Players: 2 to 4
Description: This abandoned cruiser was found by the Liandri Corporation floating through space, power still running, but devoid of any life. Its small size and symmetry made it a perfect fit for use in the tournament circuit and it was converted into an deathmatch arena.
Comments: This is a remake of DM-Oblivion from the original Unreal Tournament. I had a lot of fun bringing into the UT3 world and I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as I do.
As you can see in the second and third screenshots, the colors on the computer screens change when the armor vest is taken. Blue means it's available, red means it's taken. Pay attention to them because they can really help you out in tough times.
- Dan "CPT Stewart"
- Juan Pancho "XCeptOne" Ekels
- Epic for the tools to make something like this.
- Juan Pancho "XCeptOne" Ekels for making the original map.
- Everyone who tested the map and gave me feedback!
- The rest of Odd Man Out Studios for keeping me going on this
- Beyond Unreal user Akira Kurosawa for detailed feedback early on
- Beyond Unreal user Aalexanderrr for some goodfeedback
- UTForums user Stevelois for the best feedback ever
Download (25.19 MB)
Last edited by CPTStewart; 15th Mar 2009 at 03:03 PM.
|23rd Aug 2008, 04:08 PM||#2|
Awesome work, love the map. : ) Great remake of the original, with UT3 quality in mind.
Not to mention major visible progress per beta release.
This is already one of the better maps out of the whole of custom UT3 maps.
Thanks for the map and congrats.
|24th Aug 2008, 05:26 PM||#4|
< This guy is wondering how the story in UT3 had anything to do with a tournament.
< this guy says "What story? STFU mutherfrukeres, this game is crap! wasting my 50 buxxors epic suxxors my coxxors!!!lol!!!1one"
< this guy is 1337 and has his reasons for playing UT1 instead of 2kx/3, which as everyone knows, is the best ut game ever
< and this guy is a console n00b, enjoying his "Designed for PS360" copy of UT3. He lives in pure bliss
|4th Sep 2008, 11:07 AM||#6|
|4th Sep 2008, 02:02 PM||#7|
As for the map, it looks quite good, I will give some more detailed feedback later today
|4th Sep 2008, 07:36 PM||#8|
CPTStewart, nice map
|5th Sep 2008, 08:23 AM||#9|
Ok, I have checked the map out and it turned out to be pretty good. I am going to make up the list of the thing I personally dont like in this map...
1) That mesh junkyard ( near flak cannon) - hmm, that looks a little bit random and not so good imho, Id replace those piled trims with simple crates ( ya I know , crates are bad way to decorate but I think that they will work the best here) ... Next, those round things that prevent you touching the window are simply out of place ( and they dont fit), I know that round glass has collision problems but that could be solved with using Blocking Volumes.
2) That alarm sound that is played when armor is picked up is pretty annoying , tone it down a little bit.
3) Small mesh overlay in ShockRoom on the ceiling - could be solved by simply moving the mesh... but thats not a big deal, Im being picky atm
4) Im not sure that those robot storage containers work here, theres quite a lot of them and they are all the same. Id replace them with some pipes, or whatever.
More to come.
|14th Sep 2008, 04:29 AM||#12|
Awesome! Glad it hit final. This will be a welcomed map in my prive server.
Thanks for the hard work!
|15th Mar 2009, 02:27 PM||#13|
I just wanted to download this through the UT99 Remake topic, but the link is dead!
|19th Mar 2009, 08:57 AM||#17|
Link is blocked by fortigaurd :P damn public PCs.
"I love you to distraction, and even if you don't love me it doesn't matter, you will merely be my husband.
Please don't be afraid - I do not want to cause you any trouble, I want to be your domestic chattel, the very carpet you walk on...
I want to love you to eternity, I want to rescue you from yourself."