News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Tournament Series > Unreal Tournament 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th Aug 2008, 10:25 PM   #21
Akira Kurosawa
Registered User
 
Akira Kurosawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug. 13th, 2008
Location: Liandri Mining Facility: ***
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionium View Post
I could maybe change it up with those florescent tube lights perhaps.
Sounds good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
Nice list
What's the unmentionable map? Whenever I see numbers like that I always think dmFith, but the pic is not connecting in my head somehow...
I have good reason to believe it's DM-Fetid

Can you guess why?


Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsOlympus View Post
Oh btw if Face is in the bonus pack then you might as well say Coret comes with UT3
Oh right simply forgot, thanks for pointing that out.
__________________
Akira Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2008, 10:53 PM   #22
hal
Dictator
 
hal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 24th, 1998
Location: ------->
Posts: 21,356
Ah... Inoxx's finest hour...
__________________
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2008, 09:56 AM   #23
KillBait
Registered User
 
KillBait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 29th, 2008
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
Kosov... now there's a unique pick for a remake.
I wanted to do something a bit different, something not been redone before.. It was a toss up between this and DM-Norwich..

A lot of people wont know it.. But i have had some good CTF matches on it in my UT99 days.

Quote:
What's the unmentionable map? Whenever I see numbers like that I always think dmFith, but the pic is not connecting in my head somehow...
Akira Kurosawa is spot on.. It's a marmite(TM) map.. you either love it or hate it

I never started out to do it.. it began life as a test map to try out realtime water reflections (which it does have) and i'm only doing it for the fun of it.. It's safe to say it should get some reaction from the community when it's released

Last edited by KillBait; 14th Aug 2008 at 10:00 AM.
KillBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2008, 10:21 AM   #24
Akira Kurosawa
Registered User
 
Akira Kurosawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug. 13th, 2008
Location: Liandri Mining Facility: ***
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillBait View Post
Akira Kurosawa is spot on.. It's a marmite(TM) map.. you either love it or hate it

I never started out to do it.. it began life as a test map to try out realtime water reflections (which it does have) and i'm only doing it for the fun of it.. It's safe to say it should get some reaction from the community when it's released
I'll love it, fetid was actually one of my fav dm maps along with deck.
A simple map, but I just loved the dankness.
__________________
Akira Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2008, 03:33 PM   #25
Crayfish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun. 30th, 2008
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionium View Post
Looks beautiful. Really looking forward to this.

btw, did you guys see this?
http://clanbase.ggl.com/news.php?nid=295920
"Unreal Tournament 3 Classic map pack released.. ..the map pack contains a number of remakes from Unreal Tournament"

CTF-Sprinta-classic
CTF-Brokenlimits-classic
CTF-Duku-classic
CTF-Command-classic
CTF-Terra-classic
Crayfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2008, 04:02 PM   #26
Akira Kurosawa
Registered User
 
Akira Kurosawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug. 13th, 2008
Location: Liandri Mining Facility: ***
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayfish View Post
btw, did you guys see this?
http://clanbase.ggl.com/news.php?nid=295920
"Unreal Tournament 3 Classic map pack released.. ..the map pack contains a number of remakes from Unreal Tournament"
Saw it yet to download it, hate registering just to download something I have a good chance of disliking. Do you think you could reupload it to someplace like, http://www.mediafire.com/ ?
__________________
Akira Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2008, 04:10 PM   #27
Crayfish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun. 30th, 2008
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira Kurosawa View Post
Saw it yet to download it, hate registering just to download something I have a good chance of disliking. Do you think you could reupload it to someplace like, http://www.mediafire.com/ ?
http://files.filefront.com/Mappack+c.../fileinfo.html
Crayfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2008, 04:51 PM   #28
Akira Kurosawa
Registered User
 
Akira Kurosawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug. 13th, 2008
Location: Liandri Mining Facility: ***
Posts: 75
Thanks, downloading it now.
__________________
Akira Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2008, 05:33 PM   #29
hal
Dictator
 
hal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 24th, 1998
Location: ------->
Posts: 21,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayfish View Post
Looks beautiful. Really looking forward to this.

btw, did you guys see this?
http://clanbase.ggl.com/news.php?nid=295920
"Unreal Tournament 3 Classic map pack released.. ..the map pack contains a number of remakes from Unreal Tournament"

CTF-Sprinta-classic
CTF-Brokenlimits-classic
CTF-Duku-classic
CTF-Command-classic
CTF-Terra-classic
Yes! Have you seen this? http://www.beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=12066

But seriously, I wouldn't count any of them as remakes as the only retail map (which is what I think this list is intended to show) is Command and it's hardly anything like the original. It's simply two red bases spliced together with the side routes extended.
__________________
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2008, 05:37 PM   #30
Ionium
Registered User
 
Ionium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec. 30th, 2005
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayfish View Post
Looks beautiful. Really looking forward to this.
Thanks! Here's another shot:

http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8261298sb4.jpg
Ionium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2008, 06:02 PM   #31
Crayfish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun. 30th, 2008
Posts: 48
Soz Hal, had posted this in the Epic Forums version of this thread before I saw then news
Ionium, thats is a seriously gorgeous looking map! Those rich rust reds and copper green are a great scheme. Is there a Beta post for this map on the forum with more info?
Crayfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2008, 06:06 PM   #32
Ionium
Registered User
 
Ionium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec. 30th, 2005
Posts: 195
No beta yet, just showing off shots of the work in progress
Ionium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2008, 08:08 PM   #33
Thrallala
Wait, if you're here then that means...
 
Thrallala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May. 11th, 2008
Location: Under the bridge downtown.
Posts: 436
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionium View Post
No beta yet, just showing off shots of the work in progress
Looks interesting, me like
Thrallala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2008, 10:36 PM   #34
Ionium
Registered User
 
Ionium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec. 30th, 2005
Posts: 195
And also I plan on using the original FireBR song as well because no other UT3 song would fit the theme properly.
Ionium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2008, 12:39 PM   #35
ne_skaju
Eff yeah!
 
ne_skaju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 21st, 2008
Location: Izvarino
Posts: 303
Is there someone going to remake:


Darji Outpost
High
Noxion Bases
Ratchet


Weird choise, you might say. I'd just like to have them in my maplist for collection...
BTW, all those five maps (including Kosov) could better suit Jailbreak mod, but still fun for Flagrun too.
__________________
ne_skaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2008, 02:23 PM   #36
Ionium
Registered User
 
Ionium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec. 30th, 2005
Posts: 195
I might do one of those after I get done with Grinder
Ionium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2008, 02:36 PM   #37
Akira Kurosawa
Registered User
 
Akira Kurosawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug. 13th, 2008
Location: Liandri Mining Facility: ***
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionium View Post
I might do one of those after I get done with Grinder
If you do, do High. XD
__________________
Akira Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2008, 04:36 PM   #38
Darkdrium
20% Cooler
 
Darkdrium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 6th, 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,247
I made a thread here on BU if you want to link to it instead.

Thanks for the list, but as a list shouldn't it be better to leave opinion out? Just talking here, I don't care if you don't like my map
It would be more objective, that's all I'm striving for.

Also I'm striving for cleanness so shouldn't it be better to put the WIP previews in the WIP thread? If everyone posts pictures here it could get messy real quick xD
Awesome remake btw

Last edited by Darkdrium; 16th Aug 2008 at 04:39 PM.
Darkdrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2008, 05:15 PM   #39
Akira Kurosawa
Registered User
 
Akira Kurosawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug. 13th, 2008
Location: Liandri Mining Facility: ***
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdrium View Post
I made a thread here on BU if you want to link to it instead.

Thanks for the list, but as a list shouldn't it be better to leave opinion out? Just talking here, I don't care if you don't like my map
It would be more objective, that's all I'm striving for.
It's an opinionated thread. :P
The opinions are based on my own idea of professionalism and quality. However people are free to submit theirs and if I find them to be true they may change mine.
Your map was initially orange on my list until someone made me think to take a closer look. I still have your map in my playlist.
(and for that to happen I have to at least like it to some extent so no worries.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdrium View Post
Also I'm striving for cleanness so shouldn't it be better to put the WIP previews in the WIP thread? If everyone posts pictures here it could get messy real quick xD
Awesome remake btw
Well all the pics here are retaining to ut99 map remakes. Making them entirely on topic.
__________________
Akira Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2008, 09:44 PM   #40
UnrealGrrl
Enemy flag carrier is Her!
 
UnrealGrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 16th, 2000
Posts: 1,686
cant wait to see Kosov, that was a very different map and had alot of fun games on it - nice choice!

Fetid will be fun, its the same way i like playing Biohazard, a guilty pleasure
__________________
Sioux
www.unrealgrrl.com
UnrealGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
it wasn't called ut99, ut99 ut99 ut99 ut99 ut99 ut99 ut99 ut99, ut99 ut99 ut99 ut99 ut99 ut99 ut99 ut99 ut99, ut99 ut99 ut99 ut99 ut99 ut99 ut99 ut99 ut99 ut99

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Copyright ©1998 - 2012, BeyondUnreal, Inc.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
Bandwidth provided by AtomicGamer